Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Changed out HU  (Read 4069 times)

Ninda

• Slough
    • 2.6 CDX 03 + 3.2 Elite 03
    • View Profile
Re: Changed out HU
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2013, 11:15:09 »

Ahhh ok i can try and get a picture, i am using a Pioneer Avic F900BT Headunit, Its only with the Radio, when im playing CD's its all fine

I have tried Earthing the cable in different places, and i have tried different remote Cables, also tried using the remote cable from the 2 Channel amp that works fine...

I have only tried it with the Engine on tbh...

And i also just messaged you :D

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2013, 11:28:35 »

BTW great site :D

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2013, 11:51:40 »

From descriptions so far, I am 100% certain that this is an installation issue, and not a fault with any of the equipment.

Shame you are not local, as this is the sort of thing I could look at and point a finger at your problem within a few minutes (as could any reputable car audio shop nearby)

However, let me have some good photos and descriptions and lets see what we can do. Post them on here, as others can see the problems also and can either help or even learn.

I need to see pictures of the connections and cables, and especially where you have earthed them

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 February 2013, 12:03:43 »

OOO :(, Thats what im thinking i made a stupid mistake while installing all the cables and what not, one thing that i know im not supposed to do, but i have wired all my cars this way, is the power cable is going down the same side as the RCA cables, but i have never had this problem with any other cars i did :(...

Ill get some pictures, but im going out in about 10minutes, so wen i get back ill try and get some pictures, but they going to be crappy phone quality... SORRY

As im going out, ill be going near the area where i got all the equipment from, i could pop in there on my way back and see if the guy there can have a look at it :)
« Last Edit: 01 February 2013, 12:09:42 by Ninda »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 February 2013, 19:36:24 »

Are you using the original radio aerial?

Did you connect the feed from the head unit to power the aerial amplifier?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2013, 21:32:37 »

Yeah thats all original, it works with no problems when the 4 channel amp is disconnected.

I took it to the shop i got it all installed from, he said he wont be taking the amp back as he can no longer sell it on, as i used it. And he said that it all seems ok, but he suggested i re-run the RCA's or Power Cable on the other side.

I didnt manage to get any pictures for you Dave Sorry, maybe tomorrow if i have time after work i may be able to post some

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2013, 12:33:08 »

I mean i took it to the shop i got the amp from LOL, sorry

I have tried re running all the wires, just for the 4 Channel amp, and no joy, im going to take my car to a mate of mine, if he has a spare amp and try using it....

As for photos, i tried taking some with my Phone Camera, and well they are not clear, i will try and get them to you as soon as i can.

Thanks in advance :D

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2013, 14:24:33 »

Hi guys, i fixed the issue :D

I got a new amp and it works... Although i am getting slight interference but its not as bad, and it becomes more depending on where i place the Amp, so if i place it flat on the floor of the boot, i get no interference what so ever, unlike the old amp which never worked at all, no matter where i placed it LOL

So im going to keep the new amp, and place it on the floor of the boot, and its all ok :D
« Last Edit: 08 February 2013, 14:27:58 by Ninda »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2013, 18:31:31 »

Hi guys, i fixed the issue :D

I got a new amp and it works... Although i am getting slight interference but its not as bad, and it becomes more depending on where i place the Amp, so if i place it flat on the floor of the boot, i get no interference what so ever, unlike the old amp which never worked at all, no matter where i placed it LOL

So im going to keep the new amp, and place it on the floor of the boot, and its all ok :D
Curiouser and curiouser.... the aerial amplifier is hidden between the metal panel and the fibre panel beneath the rear window.

The amplifier probably uses a switch mode voltage transformer to generate a high enough voltage to get decent power out of 4ohm speakers. A combination of the frequency chosen and the quality (or lack of) shielding & filtering would explain the RF interference.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 February 2013, 00:14:24 »

Ok, Andy thanks :)

Im not sure if i should start a new thread for this but i have a light issue in my 3.2 Elite. When i turn the lights on the switch smoked, and made a buzzing noise, and well smelled of buring. All the headlights and rear lights work fine, but all the lights inside e.g the dash board and lights on/near the great stick do not, as well as most other places where it should on the inside and i was told by the garage that i usually get my car serviced from that i need to replace the switch, i changed it and well it smoked up just like the previous one, and still no lights on the inside. Although when i turn the lights off, the light near the gear lever come, according to the gear im in. ( Super Confused ) I also had a problem of when i put the car into reverse the rear fog light in the dash board would light up, but very faint. I have replaced the Lights at the back and put in new holders for good measure and that problem has gone, but maybe this is linked with my no inside lights problem?

Also not only that, but as i have been going to and from work in a train and public transport it seems to have started to vibrate when the engine is on, never happened before or while i was putting all the speakers and what not in, but it seems to be running a little rougher than normal, and vibrating through out the whole car, not sure if its really bad its bad enough to make the doors and boot shake a little when they are open.

Any suggestions on the two above issues, and im sorry if i should of started a new thread
« Last Edit: 10 February 2013, 00:27:06 by Ninda »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #25 on: 10 February 2013, 16:25:35 »

I`d bet good money that the interference on the amp is as a direct result of a poor earth

I`d also place a bet that the lights issue is as a result of a trapped wire or incorrect connection from the recent stereo swap.

Strongly suggest to get a profesional installation done on your system, not by one of your mates, but by an Audio shop.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 February 2013, 11:27:19 »

Poor Earthing of amps? Errm i have both amps earthed to under the parcel shelf, and when the new 4 channel amp was placed on the floor of the boot there was no interference what so ever. But its the amps are working ok now so im happy with it :D, but i can get it all re-checked by another Audio Shop that i know off.

Its just the dash board lights and what not, that are bugging me now. I will pull out the headunit and see if anything has move behind it, but im prity sure nothing did. Although the previous owner (before my dad) did say he had the whole center console as in around the the original headunit taken out as he was trying to fix something, cant remember what he was fixing but he did inform us about it.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #27 on: 11 February 2013, 11:40:20 »

i have both amps earthed to under the parcel shelf,

Confirms my theory then - thats a really lousy place to earth them !!

Needs to be earthed to the floor - as close to the chassis rails/mouldings as possible.

www.dndservices.co.uk

Ninda

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 February 2013, 20:08:23 »

I had both amps re-earthed elsewhere, but i still had the same problem. I will try closer to the chassis rails/mouldings, and see what happens.

So is this poor earthing connected to how far i place the amps from the shelf ? So as i said before the further i placed the 4 channel amp the clearer the signal became :D

Thanks a lot Dave DND mate :D

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #29 on: 11 February 2013, 23:31:17 »

Ideal earth location for a rear mounted amp is the chassis floor near the base of the rear suspension turrets. Floor is thick here and does not have many welded joints between here and the battery earth. Every welded panel stuffed with seam sealer will zap precious power return. Nice big self tapper inserted through nice shiney metal (remove paint) and try to keep the earth lead as short as possible.

99.9% of interference faults are down to bad earth connection or poor choice of earth location.

www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.