Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BANNED.........  (Read 2223 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
BANNED.........
« on: 08 November 2023, 17:42:55 »

Mmmmmm........
Not sure what's going on here but when I attempt to log in on my desk PC I get a window telling me,
" Sorry Olympia5776, you are banned from using this forum !
this ban is not set to expire. "
It first occurred several weeks ago and I put it down to me using  VPN on the PC so I switched it off and all was OK.
It has happened again but switching it off has no effect now.
The mystery is that both my tablets ,laptop and phone have no problem logging in even though they have the VPN in use too.
Can Admin look into it please ?

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: BANNED.........
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2023, 18:27:40 »

can anyone else read this
all I see is BANNED MEMBER BEGGING ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2023, 19:23:47 »

Yes they should keep the riff raff out!  :o    >:D    ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2023, 22:20:39 »

I'm now pondering whether I want it fixed . :(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2023, 22:30:02 »

You'll have to have it fixed, Don. General election in the offing, we'll need your famous rants balanced opinions sometime soon  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2023, 22:45:34 »

You'll have to have it fixed, Don. General election in the offing, we'll need your famous rants balanced opinions sometime soon  ;D

Don's thoughts if Sinn Fein win the next election in the republican part of Emerald Ilse will be something to behold!  :o  :-X                                     ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2023, 23:41:00 »

This happened to me when I tried to access the forum last time I was sent to China. Iirc at the time TB mentioned it was probably down to me accessing from one of a range of blocked IP addresses. I'm guessing your VPN did the same.

In my case the problem resolved after I changed work laptops, not sure what the cure would be in your case. But I'm sure someone smarter than me will be a long presently to explain. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2023, 00:14:23 »

Don's thoughts if Sinn Fein win the next election in the republican part of Emerald Ilse will be something to behold!  :o  :-X                                     ;D

Very similar to my own I would imagine.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2023, 00:17:04 »

Migalot had something very similar a while back. Im a technophobe so cant diagnose the problem, but I think it may have been to do with him using a VPN possibly ?
Im sure TB will be able to help fix it.
Its not as if he has much else to do these days, now we dont all argue and squabble like kids in a playground.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2023, 04:00:59 »

This happened to me when I tried to access the forum last time I was sent to China. Iirc at the time TB mentioned it was probably down to me accessing from one of a range of blocked IP addresses. I'm guessing your VPN did the same.

In my case the problem resolved after I changed work laptops, not sure what the cure would be in your case. But I'm sure someone smarter than me will be a long presently to explain. :y
If I go to China, I will probably leave my phone turned off/at home.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 November 2023, 07:30:00 »

Sounds like a cookie set on your pc is intererring with it.

Try a different browser to normal Edge / Chrome / Firefox etc or a private / ingognito window, and I suspect you will be ok.
If so, delete any OOF relarted cookies in your normal browser, they all have a way of doing it, which should permanently fix.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 November 2023, 11:25:14 »

Its fair to say most VPNs will have the majority of their IP ranges banned now.  Aside from some very niche things, like trying to watch iPlayer from abroad, Internet to Internet VPNs do nothing useful anyway (and usually quite the opposite of what they claim to).

Olympia5776 - next time it happens can you get me the exact time and date, ideally to the nearest second, and I'll look at the logs to try to understand why. Unfortunately, looking more than about 20s either side is like pissing in a Force 10 needle-in-haystack due to all the spam traffic, particularly since the Ruski's got a bit pissed off with the rest of the world.

If you flick between real Internet and VPN you really need to fully clear cookies between the sessions (which will mean logging in again), thats what Migalot's issue was.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 November 2023, 14:15:05 »

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I'll get on it tonight and try and fix it. I'm certain it's been the vpn that I have to use to view BBC iplayer et all.
TB, I'll do that and let you know. :y

You all seem very tame , are you all OK.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 November 2023, 14:27:49 »

You know Sir T, I really don't care much now as I have zero regard for politicians and parties as a whole, they are all of a lesser breed now . As long as my generous Irish pension ( my best investment ever ) drops into my account each week they can get on with it. :)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 November 2023, 21:09:53 »

Its fair to say most VPNs will have the majority of their IP ranges banned now.  Aside from some very niche things, like trying to watch iPlayer from abroad, Internet to Internet VPNs do nothing useful anyway (and usually quite the opposite of what they claim to).

Olympia5776 - next time it happens can you get me the exact time and date, ideally to the nearest second, and I'll look at the logs to try to understand why. Unfortunately, looking more than about 20s either side is like pissing in a Force 10 needle-in-haystack due to all the spam traffic, particularly since the Ruski's got a bit pissed off with the rest of the world.

If you flick between real Internet and VPN you really need to fully clear cookies between the sessions (which will mean logging in again), thats what Migalot's issue was.

TB,   9/11.  @   21.01.15.  :y
One of my tablets is showing same message now..I'm in quicksand and sinking  :-\
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.