Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I May Be Coming To The End Of The Omega Experience  (Read 4389 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: I May Be Coming To The End Of The Omega Experience
« Reply #30 on: 13 February 2011, 20:08:54 »

Wow TB, Squealey inherited an immaculate bargain there! what a smashing looker & obviously much loved & pampered by you! :y

Kosovans!  ::) ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 February 2011, 21:53:11 »

Wow TB, Squealey inherited an immaculate bargain there! what a smashing looker & obviously much loved & pampered by you the Kosovans! :y

Fixed that for you Phil ^^^^ ::) ::) ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

russ0205

• northants
    • mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 February 2011, 22:10:35 »

Needs must m8 family comes first and all that good luck with it tho.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 February 2011, 08:16:47 »

Needs must m8 family comes first and all that good luck with it tho.
Roughly translated for those of us out of our teenage years...

Needs must mate,family comes first and all that, good luck with it though.

There are reasons why our guidelines say no mobile/text speech, and to try to use some punctuation - the written word is notoriously difficult to read, both for humans and for computers ;)
Grumpy old man

unclelicklug

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 February 2011, 21:47:21 »

Hope the Lucida is going well, I ran one for a year or two some years ago.

Couldn't be beaten on the people and luggage carrying side - seating permutations were great fun while the kids were young!

No great shakes to drive, but very easy with auto and high driving position.

I don't think it was especially economical even with diesel but probably on a par with anything else in the class.

I suffered the h/g problem which I was pleased to let someone else fix - the engine is very well buried - but not a cheap repair.

Best of luck with yours.

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 March 2011, 16:37:56 »

had our estima (94 plate) 9 years now and can say it has been one of the best buys ive had. Paid 5k back then for auction grade 4.5 with 34k on the clock. Ours is the 7 seater moonroof option. Dont believe all the old cr*p about "grey imports" either, though there are still those who will try and charge you the earth for parts there are some very reasonable and good parts dealers. Got ours because with 5 kids we needed a car with space and the import version was both higher spec and also diesel.Economy wise they arent great (they are on the heavy side!) and tbh if I use it for work I probably spend slightly less using my 2.5v6 miggy. True, there is an issue with headgaskets but invest in a mason alarm and it'll help forewarn you of any potential problems. For me, ours has been a great car. As with here, I thoroughly recommend you join the TEOC forum as have always found them both very friendly and helpful. For spare parts I always use bbc spares. There are a lot more of them about now so this helps parts wise. Yes they are getting on a bit but Toyota build quality is good and with prices so low you get a lot of car for the money. :y

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 March 2011, 22:56:37 »

Well, im just over two weeks into being an ex-omega owner and must say I really really love the new found freedom the Lucida has given us.

Driving wise, compared to the Elite, it is pants. Its (a lot) slower, noisier and the handling is on par with a boat. But I went into this with my eyes open and knew this would be the case, plus swmbo is the main driver so it isnt a major concern to me.

Its general condition is still surprising me. I have so far (touching a load of wood with crossed fingers ;D) had no nasty surprises. It starts on the button and has a really smooth diesel lump (although it could do with more sound proofing) and it is HUGE inside (8 in it the other day with a single and a double pram and still space to spare!!)

Fuel wise, we have covered about 800 miles in it so far and although its not as economical as the Elite, its in no way a disgrace (I would guess an average 27mpg). But when you think on a few of these journeys we would have had to use two cars, then it starts making more sense.

The biggest downside I have discovered is constantly being overtaken. The Elite used to be comfortable cruising at 70+, this is more comfortable at 55ish, so I have become the old man on the road (but I get to give company Jag XFs and Mercs a spanking every week so I dont really care ;))

So, i'll still be coming in to see you lot. The teoc website is ok, but there can be days between replies so doesnt seem even slightly as busy as this great site.

Thanks once again everyone for all your help over the past few years, I cant begin to tell you how much help youve been. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Wayne

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 March 2011, 08:27:29 »

Glad your new wagon is suiting your needs.

After going out for a spin with Omegatoy yesterday, it got us talking about the old tractor ;D
Grumpy old man

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 August 2013, 19:29:20 »

Well how time flies! Been checking out my old postings and discovered this goodbye post from me all those years ago so I thought I'd give you a bit of an update.

We still have Bertie Bus and 60,000 km's later he has honestly been a revelation. We have had such amazing value for money from him and I'm sure should swmbo and I get divorced then he'd be higher up the settlement than the kids!

We have moved house twice and not needed to hire a van, I help neighbours with moving large items, we regularly take out more than 6 people and he tows my caravan brilliantly.

Costs? Well he had a new radiator 18 months ago for £80, new rear shocks last year for £35, and two sets of front a/r bar links for about £30, and other than regular servicing, that's the lot!!

Mpg wise I was on a real economy drive the other day driving 100 miles to clacton and I somehow managed a truly calculated 36mpg. But this is not the norm and I usually struggle to get 28mpg.

To drive is exactly like previous comments, not great for the most part with overlight steering, massive body roll, skinny tall tyres with no grip whatsoever and a tad noisy. It's not happy at anything over 65 mph too.

But it's honestly such a great car and I would say has saved us a fortune in not having to take two cars or not hiring vans. My wife has promised that when the time comes for him to die she wants him placed in our back garden as a plaything for the kids. Personally I would love to treat my missus to a full 'custom my ride' for it. Why can't discovery do that over here???

And the best part is it's probably worth more now than when we got it!!!

Cheers all

Wayne

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 12 August 2013, 20:15:26 »

Why would anyone want to drive 100 miles to Clacton ?  :-\ :D ;D............the only good thing to come out of Clacton is the A120. ;D

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 August 2013, 20:25:38 »

Cheap holiday, and to someone living near Boston anythings got to be an improvement!!!

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #41 on: 12 August 2013, 23:05:43 »

. Why can't discovery do that over here???

they did,  Tim westwood hosted.... 

it was diabolically, painfully, totally frigging awful......    and canned very quickly. 
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 August 2013, 09:44:16 »

Why would anyone want to drive 100 miles to Clacton ?  :-\ :D ;D............the only good thing to come out of Clacton is the A120. ;D

I was just about to say the same thing. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.