Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Yesterday at 13:15:50 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by ronnyd
Why are we talking about lawnmowers?  ???    It's 'No Mow May!' :D

Let the flowers grow....  Save the bees!  :)
Does that include my lawn, sorry, i mean weed patch?  :D

on: Yesterday at 13:13:31 
Started by Andy H - Last post by ronnyd
Used to have an good indy motor factors near me, i see it's now Wilco. Time will tell i suppose.  :-\

on: Yesterday at 13:10:11 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by ronnyd
Some times I think car designers lose the plot.  The new 7 Series has the most hideous headlamps I Have seen on recent cars.

Plus going back to even the Lotus Carltom.  Wheels, same rotatation design on both sides, so looks the biz from the passenger side and the drivers side just looks wrong.  With CNC tech these days, just click a button, mirror the patern, click start.
The whole front end can be described as that.  ;)

on: Yesterday at 12:50:47 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
Why are we talking about lawnmowers?  ???    It's 'No Mow May!' :D

Let the flowers grow....  Save the bees!  :)

on: Yesterday at 12:38:32 
Started by Varche - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Amazon item due by next Tuesday with a courier called YDH.

Went for a pee, gets a knock on the door (Twice)  I shouted 3 times trying to get thier attention.  Got to the door to see a red van drive off, waved but didnt see me. No note through the door.

Not expeting any other parcels.
Nothing left outside.
Amazon Tracking has shown as dispached for 2 days now.

Wonder what happens now, do they redeliver or does the fun start now (If of course it is the Amazon package)

on: Yesterday at 12:09:53 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by Doctor Gollum
So, near as I can tell the Bini had a simple radio cd as standard.

Previously someone changed it for a Pioneer Bluetooth lump and whilst it turned on/off I couldn't figure out how to use it and it looked hideous.

I had a touch screen unit kicking around so went to fit that instead but have run into an issue...

Connected directly to the battery it powers up fine, but using the adapter lead it doesn't even pretend to. I've tried swapping the red and yellow leads on the head unit side but no difference.

The adapter harness that came with the car was a mess, but the car side is unmolested. And whilst the pins on the new adapter are what you would expect to see, it's obviously not happy.

From the pinouts I can find online, the factory unit uses the CAN+ as a verification to turn on the power to the radio. To bypass this, do I need to return it to CAN- or ground?

Fitting an aftermarket unit should be plug and play, but that's clearly not the case :-\

These are the pinouts as on the car...
https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Audi-BMW/MINI_Boost_Head_Unit_pinout.shtml

https://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/MINI-stereo-wiring-diagram.htm

on: Yesterday at 08:37:08 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by YZ250
……..
Personally I think they should have come like this as standard.

I agree, it looks so much better.  I’d be well happy with that.  :y

on: 15 May 2024, 23:08:55 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Some times I think car designers lose the plot.  The new 7 Series has the most hideous headlamps I Have seen on recent cars.

Plus going back to even the Lotus Carltom.  Wheels, same rotatation design on both sides, so looks the biz from the passenger side and the drivers side just looks wrong.  With CNC tech these days, just click a button, mirror the patern, click start.

on: 15 May 2024, 21:03:26 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
Chav my zorsts.  :y

In photo one I thought they looked on the large side but in photo two they look great.  :y  Looks like a proper M car now.  :y

Some of the backward facing baseball cap wearing 'max power' boys probably go for 4 or 5 inches......but these are 3.5 inches which is the same as standard on the M2. :y

Personally I think they should have come like this as standard.

on: 15 May 2024, 21:01:18 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by johnnydog
I agree - the tips in pic 2 look great, far better than the originals :y. A pair of chromed twin tipped tailpipes look the 'dogs' :y :y
Nearly as good as the original stainless angled twin tips on an original fitment GM tailpipe on the 3.2 Elite....! :y

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 14 queries.