Author Topic: Parts  (Read 4097 times)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Parts
« on: 23 January 2015, 20:59:51 »

1..Been driving it round town and temp gauge seems lower than the 2.2 and temp not as good.. Then i hit the motorway today and down the needle came to the bottom.. So feel sure thats thermostat jammed open.....Am i Right ?

2..Also Got to get the cam belt done on this.

Where from, and which ones do i get..

Do i need anything else with thermostat..
is it belt tensioners pulleys etc   TIA

Do i get water pump although the timing belt dont drive it like the 2.2 (I Think)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Parts
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2015, 22:38:17 »

1..Been driving it round town and temp gauge seems lower than the 2.2 and temp not as good.. Then i hit the motorway today and down the needle came to the bottom.. So feel sure thats thermostat jammed open.....Am i Right ?

Do i get water pump although the timing belt dont drive it like the 2.2 (I Think)

You dont need to change the water pump but if it was me i would .. sounds like your stat and you want the tranfer pipe an housing . Full timing kit inc belt .
Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2015, 23:31:38 »

You dont need to change the water pump but if it was me i would .. sounds like your stat and you want the tranfer pipe an housing . Full timing kit inc belt .
ok seen the transfer pipe pics with its 2 .O. rings.. Also need to no where to get that from  :-\ :-\

I think i should go on the assumption that the pumps never been changed...is 75 000 time to change then  :-\
« Last Edit: 23 January 2015, 23:43:40 by BIGtime »

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2015, 00:28:53 »

Makes sense to do it all while you're there :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2015, 00:36:29 »

ok seen the transfer pipe pics with its 2 .O. rings.. Also need to no where to get that from  :-\ :-\

I think i should go on the assumption that the pumps never been changed...is 75 000 time to change then  :-\

Doing mine this weekend. Got all the parts from the dealers on trade club, still a big bill  :'( By Wednesday this week I hope to have it all done then I can go out and play.

cam belt
water pump
wishbones (with poly's)
track rods
steering idler
drop links
rear discs and pads
breathers
cam cover gasket on 246  :o
« Last Edit: 24 January 2015, 00:39:30 by joff »

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2015, 00:42:54 »

meaning pump too Al  :-\

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2015, 00:47:03 »

Doing mine this weekend. Got all the parts from the dealers on trade club, still a big bill  :'( By Wednesday this week I hope to have it all done then I can go out and play.

cam belt
water pump
wishbones (with poly's)
track rods
steering idler
drop links
rear discs and pads
breathers

Shut up  ;D ;D ;D ive got enough to think about......its a new path of thought when you move over,... thermostat used to be 2 bolts a stat a gasket and some red glug .not now.. its a bleeding day job  ;D ;D ;D

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2015, 00:49:52 »

cam belt
water pump
wishbones (with poly's)
track rods
steering idler
drop links
rear discs and pads
breathers

Shut up  ;D ;D ;D ive got enough to think about......its a new path of thought when you move over,... thermostat used to be 2 bolts a stat a gasket and some red glug .not now.. its a bleeding day job  ;D ;D ;D

Oh for the love of Omega's

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2015, 00:50:34 »

.... thermostat used to be 2 bolts a stat a gasket and some red glug .not now.. its a bleeding day job  ;D ;D ;D

I had a 1700 diseasal Astra, and its thermostat was a 20 min job including boiling the kettle for a brew ........ I've no idea where my Merc's thermostat is  :-[

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2015, 01:01:24 »

cam belt
water pump
wishbones (with poly's)
track rods
steering idler
drop links
rear discs and pads
breathers

Oh for the love of Omega's
Just come up with a great idea  :D :D I could come to your house and you can do them together  ;D ;D 

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2015, 01:03:38 »

.... thermostat used to be 2 bolts a stat a gasket and some red glug .not now.. its a bleeding day job  ;D ;D ;D

I had a 1700 diseasal Astra, and its thermostat was a 20 min job including boiling the kettle for a brew ........ I've no idea where my Merc's thermostat is  :-[
i remember the black and white days too Andy...... 3 bolts and your starter moter and bendix hit the kurbside.. ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2015, 01:07:18 »

i remember the black and white days too Andy...... 3 bolts and your starter moter and bendix hit the kurbside.. ;D ;D

My 1700 diesel Astra wasn't that long ago  ;) .... but I know what you mean  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2015, 01:15:06 »

meaning pump too Al  :-\
Indeed. Especially as the car is new to you...as Joff will testify, do it all once and not worry about it :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2015, 09:05:18 »

You do really. Like all Merc owners, you know its under that large metal panel that extends from the windscreen forward to the headlights...  ...that access panel that nice man in Mercedes Benz overalls uses to "do things".
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2015, 09:25:26 »

You do really. Like all Merc owners, you know its under that large metal panel that extends from the windscreen forward to the headlights...  ...that access panel that nice man in Mercedes Benz overalls uses to "do things".

I've never looked for it ......  and mine is a plastic panel  ;) As for Merc overalls.......... I'm not paying £100+ an hour labour rates when there are independants out there  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2015, 09:39:05 »

I've never looked for it ......  and mine is a plastic panel  ;) As for Merc overalls.......... I'm not paying £100+ an hour labour rates when there are independants out there  :y
Well, exactly, you have a man to do that sort of grubby thing :P ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2015, 10:48:05 »

Mercedes are strange devices. The foot operated handbrake is weird to begin with but actually works quite well.

My CLS came with two batteries. The main one was 96 A/H (I think)...but there was also a 'motorcycle sized' 14 amp battery hidden away underneath.

Weird shit, man. :)
« Last Edit: 24 January 2015, 10:54:06 by Doctor Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2015, 10:50:16 »

Absolutely. :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2015, 10:55:56 »

I'll re-phrase that  ;) ..... I've never needed to look for it  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 January 2015, 10:59:23 »

Mercedes are strange devices. The foot operated handbrake is weird to begin with but actually works quite well.

My CLS came with two batteries. The main one was 96 A/H (I think)...but there was also a 'motorcycle sized' 14 amp battery hidden away underneath.

Handbrake/parking brake? That's P on the transmission isn't it?

After 18 months I discovered mine has two batteries as well .......... not that I've seen (or looked for) either of them. http://rk.mb-qr.com/en/251/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2015, 12:03:56 »

I'll re-phrase that  ;) ..... I've never needed to look for it  ;)
Exactly my point. As a Merc owner, why would you. You have a man that deals with all that stuff

(Applicable to Audi, Beemer, Lexus etc owners as well)
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2015, 12:19:54 »

Handbrake/parking brake? That's P on the transmission isn't it?

After 18 months I discovered mine has two batteries as well .......... not that I've seen (or looked for) either of them. http://rk.mb-qr.com/en/251/

Both under the seat.

Easy to get to......or not?

On my CLS the main battery was in the boot. The smaller one on hidden away under the bonnet.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2015, 12:48:47 »

cam belt
water pump
wishbones (with poly's)
track rods
steering idler
drop links
rear discs and pads
breathers

Have you done it yet  ::) ;D ;D ;D You will need some plasters  :P
Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2015, 13:28:00 »

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2015, 13:32:37 »

Got one before Christmas, Eurocarparts were much cheaper, and had the waterpump too

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2015, 13:36:55 »

Got one before Christmas, Eurocarparts were much cheaper, and had the waterpump too
I will go and look jimbob.. Take it there recommended on here and not VX pump..

Who do i go to for the stat and transfer pipe  :y

Edit yep £95 there for same belt kit  :y
« Last Edit: 24 January 2015, 13:40:24 by BIGtime »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 January 2015, 13:39:59 »

Both under the seat.
I knew where they were, but I have never been inclined to dig them out

Easy to get to......or not?

It's difficult to even see the main battery, let alone remove it. I believe the seat has to come out & the carpet cutting to remove it ..... obviously fitted before the carpet. A bloke on the Merc forum was quoted £300 for supplying & fitting a battery to his R Class  :o

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 January 2015, 13:44:13 »

two choice of water pump at europarts  a circoli @ £21.90     KWP@ £26.04    is there a difference  :-\

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 January 2015, 13:58:47 »

I beleive the KWP is the recommended one, and what I 'had' fitted, the flange is slightly thinner than Oe so requires 3-4mm to be chopped from the bolts.

Pipe - Dealer,
Stat - Ebay, most Ive seen have the GM filed off :y

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 January 2015, 14:00:06 »

I beleive the KWP is the recommended one, and what I 'had' fitted, the flange is slightly thinner than Oe so requires 3-4mm to be chopped from the bolts.

Pipe - Dealer,
Stat - Ebay, most Ive seen have the GM filed off :y
Thanks jimbob  :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 24 January 2015, 14:04:16 »

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 January 2015, 14:06:16 »

Think the stats to go for are wahler

Going by history think this is what I last fitted
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-OMEGA-VECTRA-SINTRA-SIGNUM-CALIBRA-V6-THERMOSTAT-HOUSING-NEW-/370148171910?hash=item562e8ce086
Yes ive seen in a thread on the old site mark DTM saying that one   :y

Transfer part #90411629

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 January 2015, 18:29:17 »

I used a euroshiteparts kwp waterpump.  It works, but you have to shorten the 3 waterpump pully bolts as the idiot you designed it got it wrong
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 January 2015, 18:29:38 »

and I said idiot, not idiot, bloody word filter
Grumpy old man

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 January 2015, 23:07:10 »

what is the difference in these two  :-\ trying to order to collect tomo

http://www.eurocarparts.com/timing-belt-kits

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 January 2015, 23:15:58 »

Those were the days, de-coke at 60k miles, and as long as you had suck, spark and fuel you had a good chance of getting home............... :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 January 2015, 00:03:03 »

You work it out by your engine number BIGtime.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 26 January 2015, 00:12:57 »

Should be on the V5 if the engines not been changed... might even be on the Car Pass :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 January 2015, 00:17:07 »

Should be on the V5 if the engines not been changed... might even be on the Car Pass :-\
Yes it's on the Car Pass.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 January 2015, 08:25:37 »

Yes it's on the Car Pass.  :y
got car pass here ,with chassis number on.. but thats not much help.. them two engine numbers they quote mean nothing here  :-\ :-\

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26 January 2015, 09:14:45 »

Whats your reg, assuming original engine I can look it up, PM if you like.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.