Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carbon Monoxide Detectors  (Read 243 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
« on: 26 March 2011, 09:50:28 »

Need to get a couple of good ones, but seen some cheapies on Ebay.  Anyone know where to get the cheaper ones from a local retailer, Argos do them but online only.

Girlfriend has been really ill last 2 day, perked up a bit yesterday, so spent afternoon/evening with har then took her home in the early hours, Her headache that she had whilst ill had gone, but returned within an hour of being back home,  Not saying the heating is at blame, but contacting landlord ASAP, heating turned off for now, and looking at getting the cheapie detectors today if possible and better quality ones on line.

Neither of us are taking any risks.

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Carbon Monoxide Detectors
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2011, 09:54:35 »

My parents made the 'mistake' of buying one that was too good.

It alerted whenever any appliance was turned on!

had the gas board round etc, and all was well within safety margins, thery had had it before with some detectors.  So maybe worth seeking the professionals advice on whats good to go for.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2011, 09:59:43 »

My parents made the 'mistake' of buying one that was too good.

It alerted whenever any appliance was turned on!

had the gas board round etc, and all was well within safety margins, thery had had it before with some detectors.  So maybe worth seeking the professionals advice on whats good to go for.

Good point about being to good JB, I like the advice on here as well though, as the amount of members that do post replys is some times a good way to find out what it good or bad purchase.  :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2011, 10:01:54 »

insulated type windows are the no #1 guilty for headaches..As I have the breathing problem, and had a bad experience in mothers home , I used only wood structured windows in my home.. Even thats not adequate and I let windows open frequently at even -10 :-?  ( and also let the windows open in my bedroom before I go sleep for at least an hour)

Our homes are not like old homes that have 6 meter ceilings so oxygene finishes up quickly and carbon monoxide , dioxide is heavier than air acumulates from down to up..( so I always open holes in pets boxes even if its 10 cm high) 
« Last Edit: 26 March 2011, 10:03:55 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.