Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fob Problems  (Read 747 times)

jorton

• Hull
    • View Profile
Fob Problems
« on: 27 September 2007, 00:17:35 »

Hi guy's, been having difficulty lately with my remote fob, opened it up and found the solder joints had snapped. i have been looking on ebay for a decent replacement and came across the zafira flip key fob.

The question is does any one know if the zafira flip key fob will work on a 99(T) omega cdx ??

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
Re: Fob Problems
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2007, 10:37:48 »

If it looks the same it will work but it will need to be programmed to the car using a tech two I forgot to see where you where located there are a couple of people on here who could help you with this other than that its a vx dealer . Oh and you will also need the car pass for your car they need the secturity number to be able to help you. Can you not resloder the joints I managed it on mine ok    

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2007, 10:39:32 »

Try and find someone that is good at soldering and repair youe one, i did this to both of my fobs ;)
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2007, 12:23:43 »

Hi guy's, been having difficulty lately with my remote fob, opened it up and found the solder joints had snapped. i have been looking on ebay for a decent replacement and came across the zafira flip key fob.

The question is does any one know if the zafira flip key fob will work on a 99(T) omega cdx ??
It needs to be same make (Bosch/Megamos/Delphi etc) and model (with/without LED) and technology (IR/RF).  If RF, it will need programming with a Tech2 machine as well.
Grumpy old man

jorton

• Hull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2007, 12:30:24 »

cheers for the reply's guy's.

I would of tried to solder the break but both sides of the battery terminals have broke of and its broke flush with the plastic battery holder so not sure if the pins come out of the plastic casing. Ive super glued it as a tempory measure as i only have one key and it wouldnt let me in the car without the alarm going off..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2007, 12:32:35 »

cheers for the reply's guy's.

I would of tried to solder the break but both sides of the battery terminals have broke of and its broke flush with the plastic battery holder so not sure if the pins come out of the plastic casing. Ive super glued it as a tempory measure as i only have one key and it wouldnt let me in the car without the alarm going off..

Shame you are so far away - I sell keys and can program to your car (leaving you just to get the key mechanically cut by any key cutter)  :'(
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2007, 13:40:01 »

Before buying another fob open it up and put some tissue on top of the battery then close it up again, I found that the tissue pushed the battery and its cradle far enough down to work :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 18 queries.