Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Phaeton clipped on M6  (Read 3929 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: Phaeton clipped on M6
« Reply #30 on: 22 November 2013, 09:53:35 »

..... I prefer the auto gear stick in centre console not on steering wheel as with this car. ....

Why? :-\ Yours, like my R Class's, is just an electric version of column changes from yonks back and it clears a space in the middle for other things.  :y

But it does force the drivers wrist into an awkward, almost gay, angle. ;)

I presume the Merc has its auto box gear display in the dash? One with the other, so to speak. ..?

definitely do not like stalk gear system even with gear selection in display. When tight parking you are checking selection a lot to make sure you have it right.

« Last Edit: 22 November 2013, 09:58:37 by pscocoa »
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 November 2013, 12:29:37 »

I was pondering this the other day.

There no reason at all, that I can think of at least, why the gear lever needs to exist at all. It's purely an electrical input on the end of the lever linkage.

In fact it could be a simple switch on the dash. ...or indeed, placed anywhere, like a flappy padle behind... No ignore that. ;D

Some automatic trucks have done away with the 'gear lever' in the centre.  An MAN I drove once had a rotary switch on the dash.

I'd never seen one before so sat there for a bit thinking 'How the f... do I drive this?' :-\ , before spotting the switch and having the 'lightbulb' moment!  ::)  ;)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

MR MISTER

« Reply #32 on: 22 November 2013, 13:08:45 »

IIRC, Suzuki vitara has a rotary dash switch for gear ratios

There no reason at all, that I can think of at least, why the gear lever needs to exist at all. It's purely an electrical input on the end of the lever linkage.

In fact it could be a simple switch on the dash. ...or indeed, placed anywhere, like a flappy padle behind... No ignore that. ;D
IIRC, Suzuki vitara has a rotary dash switch for gear ratios.

Some automatic trucks have done away with the 'gear lever' in the centre.  An MAN I drove once had a rotary switch on the dash.

I'd never seen one before so sat there for a bit thinking 'How the f... do I drive this?' :-\ , before spotting the switch and having the 'lightbulb' moment!  ::)  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: 22 November 2013, 13:13:37 by STEMO »

chrisgixer

« Reply #33 on: 22 November 2013, 13:11:23 »

Cone Esta sort it put. You been up all night watching the cricket?

MR MISTER

« Reply #34 on: 22 November 2013, 13:12:27 »

Hu

Pardon? ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #35 on: 22 November 2013, 13:39:42 »

Hu

Pardon? ;D

Oh Bollards ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.