Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Phaeton clipped on M6  (Read 3978 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Phaeton clipped on M6
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2013, 22:33:55 »

Sorry to hear of this. Lovely car the Phaeton.

It might be worth calling the police, just to see if anyone made themselves known as a witness. People tend not to stop on motorways.
You really dont think sometimes, do you?  ;D

If it was a Beemer I wouldn't give a rats wasname. ;)

I'm sure the a phaeton will be lovely once more Esta. Now ef off ya pedant! ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 November 2013, 22:39:33 »

Nobody else stopped and so no independent witnesses...no point in spending time arguing on hard shoulder in busy lorry traffic which is so dangerous.
I'm afraid I take a very dim view of someone trying to kill my family.

I agree completely.  Normally I am nice gentle fella, but bring harm on to my family, friends or myself and it's Jekyll and Hyde

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 November 2013, 10:29:03 »

psococoa , I'm glad no one was hurt..  car can be repaired anyway..
Yep....That is always the most important thing. :y

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 November 2013, 12:55:45 »

Insurers are Sainsbury Bank but claim is actually handled by Direct Line who were trying to get my car into Rainbow Bodyshops at Slough. Managed to get it switched to a proper VW dealer who reckons damage can be fixed for £500 which is incredible. It almost rubbed out but there a couple of areas which cannot be left. I really do not understand how little damage occurred - just waiting for a call which starts "unfortunately.......".

VW also found some minor corrosion near a door trim which is a known fault and they are fixing this also - where aluminium meets steel screw - they replace fixing with new mount. VW bodywork is warrantied for 12 years.

Enterprise bringing an S Class Merc this afternoon as part of the Sainsbury insurance package.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 November 2013, 13:23:20 »

Insurers are Sainsbury Bank but claim is actually handled by Direct Line who were trying to get my car into Rainbow Bodyshops at Slough. Managed to get it switched to a proper VW dealer who reckons damage can be fixed for £500 which is incredible. It almost rubbed out but there a couple of areas which cannot be left. I really do not understand how little damage occurred - just waiting for a call which starts "unfortunately.......".

VW also found some minor corrosion near a door trim which is a known fault and they are fixing this also - where aluminium meets steel screw - they replace fixing with new mount. VW bodywork is warrantied for 12 years.

Enterprise bringing an S Class Merc this afternoon as part of the Sainsbury insurance package.

Should be interesting  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 November 2013, 15:47:33 »

Should be interesting  :y

Yes......every cloud and all that.... :y :y

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 November 2013, 18:59:14 »

S6 has arrived but too dark to see much. Funny handbrake and auto gear stick set up but I will survive.

Other party has admitted liability.

chrisgixer

« Reply #22 on: 21 November 2013, 11:31:33 »

S6 has arrived but too dark to see much. Funny handbrake and auto gear stick set up but I will survive.

Other party has admitted liability.

Good stuff. Looking forward to review ;)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 November 2013, 15:19:46 »

S Class has got this stop start technology which is not my thing at all. Have not had chance to get to grips with the Command System as yet so confined to listening to radio until I can get handbook out. Doors seem lighter than Phaeton and indicator clicks noisily but certainly drives well but no chance to get on open road today. I prefer the auto gear stick in centre console not on steering wheel as with this car.

Apparently my car will be fixed and ready tomorrow night so expereince will be short lived.

chrisgixer

« Reply #24 on: 21 November 2013, 15:27:56 »

Handbook? That's no fun. ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 November 2013, 19:31:58 »

..... I prefer the auto gear stick in centre console not on steering wheel as with this car. ....

Why? :-\ Yours, like my R Class's, is just an electric version of column changes from yonks back and it clears a space in the middle for other things.  :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 21 November 2013, 19:43:40 »

I was pondering this the other day.

There no reason at all, that I can think of at least, why the gear lever needs to exist at all. It's purely an electrical input on the end of the lever linkage.

In fact it could be a simple switch on the dash. ...or indeed, placed anywhere, like a flappy padle behind... No ignore that. ;D

MR MISTER

« Reply #27 on: 21 November 2013, 19:44:16 »

S Class has got this stop start technology which is not my thing at all. Have not had chance to get to grips with the Command System as yet so confined to listening to radio until I can get handbook out. Doors seem lighter than Phaeton and indicator clicks noisily but certainly drives well but no chance to get on open road today. I prefer the auto gear stick in centre console not on steering wheel as with this car.

Apparently my car will be fixed and ready tomorrow night so expereince will be short lived.
Turn it off.

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 21 November 2013, 19:46:46 »

..... I prefer the auto gear stick in centre console not on steering wheel as with this car. ....

Why? :-\ Yours, like my R Class's, is just an electric version of column changes from yonks back and it clears a space in the middle for other things.  :y

But it does force the drivers wrist into an awkward, almost gay, angle. ;)

I presume the Merc has its auto box gear display in the dash? One with the other, so to speak. ..?

05omegav6

« Reply #29 on: 21 November 2013, 19:54:28 »

I was pondering this the other day.

There no reason at all, that I can think of at least, why the gear lever needs to exist at all. It's purely an electrical input on the end of the lever linkage.

In fact it could be a simple switch on the dash. ...or indeed, placed anywhere, like a flappy padle behind... No ignore that. ;D
You could make the Omega a push button system, but you would need to replace the selector switch/linkage on the gearbox with a servo of some description...

Yellow Corvette on American Hotrod had such a system fitted iirc :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.