Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: adding tc button...  (Read 4062 times)

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
Re: adding tc button...
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2008, 13:14:45 »

so does anybody have either 90444662 or 90541367 tc/abs ecu :P
thanks theboy
V8!!!!

woodsy_mv6

• West Sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2008, 10:13:42 »

Have to ask why you want it fitted.

Fugging useless piece of kit. Allows you to step completely out, before cutting the power once you've caught it......not even any good in the wet.....Emergency services will be pulling you out of a hedge and the TC will finally twig :-/

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 October 2008, 11:41:35 »

Have to ask why you want it fitted.

Fugging useless piece of kit. Allows you to step completely out, before cutting the power once you've caught it......not even any good in the wet.....Emergency services will be pulling you out of a hedge and the TC will finally twig :-/
I disagree. It does what it says on the tin. No more, no less.  It is an aid, not an inhibitor to reckless driving.

Mine has curtailed a few slides from over ambitious exits from corners, but never tried it beyond what I think the chassis and I can manage.
Grumpy old man

woodsy_mv6

• West Sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 October 2008, 13:35:55 »

I know that.

And it rarely kicks in, as im not a recless driver, but its sooooooooo slow, and if your an in experienced driver it allows the car to completely go before cutting the car. Is very dangourous if inexperienced drivers try to make a quick getaway from wet junctions.

PS. I take one of my migs drifting on a regular basis, and know both my and its limits.
I never put it into practice on the road what I do on the track, but in my opinion, the device is too slow, which makes it dangerous.

But thats my opinion :y

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2008, 15:02:55 »

I know that.

And it rarely kicks in, as im not a recless driver, but its sooooooooo slow, and if your an in experienced driver it allows the car to completely go before cutting the car. Is very dangourous if inexperienced drivers try to make a quick getaway from wet junctions.

PS. I take one of my migs drifting on a regular basis, and know both my and its limits.
I never put it into practice on the road what I do on the track, but in my opinion, the device is too slow, which makes it dangerous.

But thats my opinion :y
I can boot mine from a standing start pulling out of junction, and if I'm an idiot and keep my foot planted, mine will bog down with reduced engine power, as it should.  No tail flicks.

If I slightly overcook going around a roundabout, it cuts in and keeps it in line.  Never tried purposely overcooking roundabouts/corners with TC on (with it off, maybe ::)).

I wonder if yours isn't working right  :-/

Obviously, on the roads, like the ABS etc, the idea is to drive within capabilities of chassis/tyres, so electronic aids not required.  Well, thats the theory, anyway ;D
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2008, 16:23:31 »

I tend to agree with The Boy here myn works exactly the same as TB describes his

1 question to cure my curiosity does a 3.2/2.6 mig have a t/c button as the vectra GSi/SRi 2.6's had t/c but you couldnt switch it off unless you rewired a switch in

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2008, 16:38:43 »

You knew the answer already I'm sure but yes I have one here...ABS/TC unit with ECU in good working order :) From an N reg elite...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2008, 16:47:09 »

I know that.

I'm with you Alex. TC is On or OFF & IMHO it should allow a bit of slip before butting in to prevent the bogging down as you describe. Christ knows what TC would be like in a manual where you don't have the slip that you do with an auto. An even bigger PITA! ;) ;)

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2008, 17:25:18 »

my mv6 is a manual and as i say in a manual it works excellent!

woodsy_mv6

• West Sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2008, 18:54:27 »

Behaves the same in all 3 of my manuals (one's fitted with a slipper), and my auto :-? .....

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2008, 19:11:00 »

Behaves the same in all 3 of my manuals (one's fitted with a slipper), and my auto :-? .....

lol wish i had an lsd :P
got stuck a few times in fields with one wheel spinning. i'v read that there's a percentage lockup on the standard diff but it wasnt enough in a wet field! lol

in my experience in gm's or chevrolets (this is based on my dads old camaro) it kicks in after a "few" moments- which is usually after youve got the wheels to spin and have fun. so in some cases it could catch you out i spose but most of the time performed well enough as it was only an aid!
anyway i thought my 2.0 was quite easy to cope with-have to let you all know what happens when i get it running with the 2.5 in ;)
V8!!!!

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 October 2008, 17:51:19 »

i added the TC button to my 2.2 only because i CANT STAND blank switches or unsymetrical dash boards lol. it doesnt do nowt, although it does light up with  the side lights, so there must be some kinda wiring there.

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 October 2008, 17:57:08 »

i added the TC button to my 2.2 only because i CANT STAND blank switches or unsymetrical dash boards lol. it doesnt do nowt, although it does light up with  the side lights, so there must be some kinda wiring there.
lol i dont really like the blanks but iv not got to the point where they have to be symetrical lol!

i'll have to have the central console/climate control thingy bit off lol and see if i can find the plug for the tc switch in there
V8!!!!

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #28 on: 15 October 2008, 20:36:56 »

all v6 should have the tc button anyway, only 4 cylinder and diesels dont

some early models with satnav option didnt come with tc button; tc is wired into place as normal but no button connected, so permanently on. you can get smaller centre dash button from later model and connect it as they have the same spades if satnav etc in the way of original large button placement. i think you told me that come to think of it TB! if no satnav is in place and no tc button is in place (and the storage compartment is there), and you think you've got tc on the car then look for these behind the storage compartment. you should be able to wire a big button up where it belongs no problem.

look for these behind big button blanks / sat nav / storage compartment:

« Last Edit: 15 October 2008, 20:43:57 by ilovemyelite »
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 October 2008, 21:18:37 »

all v6 should have the tc button anyway, only 4 cylinder and diesels dont

some early models with satnav option didnt come with tc button; tc is wired into place as normal but no button connected, so permanently on. you can get smaller centre dash button from later model and connect it as they have the same spades if satnav etc in the way of original large button placement. i think you told me that come to think of it TB! if no satnav is in place and no tc button is in place (and the storage compartment is there), and you think you've got tc on the car then look for these behind the storage compartment. you should be able to wire a big button up where it belongs no problem.

look for these behind big button blanks / sat nav / storage compartment:

i looked for them the other day dan and couldnt see them :( unless they're pushed out of the way
V8!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.