Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Triangular screws????  (Read 3634 times)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Triangular screws????
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2006, 18:54:49 »

If you aint gonna take it back how about filing/grinding a slot in to take a normal driver.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2006, 18:59:38 »

looks like a tri-wing bit to me, the ones on a seat belt I had to strip looked the same.

Maplin to two kits - a cheaper one at £7.99 or a more comprehensive pricey one at £19.99 that comes with a ratchet handle.

I went for the latter ... does pretty much every "secure" screw I've seen ...

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2006, 19:31:01 »

Bought a set from fleabay - 100 security bit - quality bit iffy - but to intend using them very often

Same as this set? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Pc-SECURITY-POWER-BITS-SCREWDRIVER-BITS-SET_W0QQitemZ160066329344QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20792QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160066329344

But does not have any tri-angle bits - does have various size ' tri - wing ' bits

Do you mean 'tri - wing ' ?

This is the offending screwhead:

Oh those Thomases - not the OO versions, quite possibly knackered, I suggest an upgrade to the proper one with motor iin the loco.

Nickbat

« Reply #18 on: 29 December 2006, 00:17:00 »

Bought a set from fleabay - 100 security bit - quality bit iffy - but to intend using them very often

Same as this set? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Pc-SECURITY-POWER-BITS-SCREWDRIVER-BITS-SET_W0QQitemZ160066329344QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20792QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160066329344

But does not have any tri-angle bits - does have various size ' tri - wing ' bits

Oh those Thomases - not the OO versions, quite possibly knackered, I suggest an upgrade to the proper one with motor iin the loco.

Someone told me tonight that they have seen the screw bits in B&Q. Might be worth a short trip to see.

Thanks to iggy21uk for the link. That may be worth a shot, although sometimes these people have minimum order value that may make it not worthwhile.

Martin, I'd love to have a proper OO version set, but frankly my little ones would wreck it within days. I aim to get a proper train set when my little boy gets to about 5 or 6.  :yI never had a train set when I was young and I've always hankered after one, even at my ripe age. There used to be a model shop nearby where they sold those really detailed tiny locos and carriages (often German or Swiss, I seem to remember) They appeared to be really well engineered and being so small, the sets didn't take up so much space. Seem to recall they were ridiculously expensive though, even in those days.  

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 29 December 2006, 11:22:25 »

Someone told me tonight that they have seen the screw bits in B&Q. Might be worth a short trip to see.

Thanks to iggy21uk for the link. That may be worth a shot, although sometimes these people have minimum order value that may make it not worthwhile.

Martin, I'd love to have a proper OO version set, but frankly my little ones would wreck it within days. I aim to get a proper train set when my little boy gets to about 5 or 6.  :yI never had a train set when I was young and I've always hankered after one, even at my ripe age. There used to be a model shop nearby where they sold those really detailed tiny locos and carriages (often German or Swiss, I seem to remember) They appeared to be really well engineered and being so small, the sets didn't take up so much space. Seem to recall they were ridiculously expensive though, even in those days.  

Well the UK market has completely changed in recent years, Lima went under by overcharging for cheap stuff and the market is now mainly split between Hornby and Bachmann, with Dapol also doing a bit, Peco for track, and masses of kit companies

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 29 December 2006, 11:23:38 »

Whoops forgot to day the battle was over quality and most cheap stuff is now branded Thomas

Nickbat

« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2006, 01:15:29 »

would this be any good for Thomas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/33-PCE-SECURITY-REMOVAL-SET-TRI-WING-TORX-ETC_W0QQitemZ150073668647QQihZ005QQcategoryZ20769QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for that, but I don't think a tri-wing would help. It needs to be a triangular bit.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2006, 10:37:23 »

Success!

No1 Tri-wing bit does fit and unscrews thomas!

Get yourself that set and fix away!

Have fun

Nickbat

« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2006, 13:36:41 »

Success!

No1 Tri-wing bit does fit and unscrews thomas!

Get yourself that set and fix away!

Have fun

Thanks Jimbob, I'll get one.

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2006, 13:47:37 »

If you are going to try and use a tri-wing better off getting the 100% piece set I got bid price £5.29
see earlier log, it has various  tri-wing bits ? Your choice though?
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.