Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windscren wiper problem  (Read 1162 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Windscren wiper problem
« on: 28 August 2012, 18:36:45 »

Hi all, slight problem with the Omegas wipers. They have started to park half way across the screen, they are still doing the correct sweep but coming to rest pointing straight up. I've checked if they are secure on the spigots which they are. Can anyone advise please.   

TIA
Tony
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
Re: Windscren wiper problem
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2012, 21:08:52 »

Thanks for the help, :y looks like a job for the weekend

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2012, 16:43:41 »

just tried to remove the wiper assembly without success, I referred to the Haynes "book of lies" to locate the fixing bolts, I have removed the four self tapping type bolt including the one near the centre of the scuttle panel but the assembly although it will move a bit still seems to be attached at the motor end. Am I missing something? :-\

JimE

« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2012, 20:12:35 »

just tried to remove the wiper assembly without success, I referred to the Haynes "book of lies" to locate the fixing bolts, I have removed the four self tapping type bolt including the one near the centre of the scuttle panel but the assembly although it will move a bit still seems to be attached at the motor end. Am I missing something? :-\

It is mounted at the rear at the right of the motor so you need to slide the assembly to the left towards the wing its a bit tight so careful of your paintwork.

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2012, 20:30:22 »

There's a mounting peg on the right.
Pull the left side out, you will have to semi force or sqeaze it past the servo. Out above the wing, then slide it left, so the main body comes out between the servo and the plenum.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2012, 16:04:12 »

Hi all me again, I've managed to remove the wiper assembly, but I must have been on the stupid pills, I cannot identify the plate or the alignment marks that Andy refers to. The only place that I can see that could be loose and affect the park  position  that hold the  a nut that secures the gearbox shaft to the actuator arms,  which seem rock solid, Help please  :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2012, 19:08:46 »

..... The only place that I can see that could be loose and affect the park  position  that hold the  a nut that secures the gearbox shaft to the actuator arms,  which seem rock solid, Help please  :-\

That's the nut you need  :y. If you look on the ally casting below the arm, that's where the >   < marks are.   ;)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 September 2012, 16:29:30 »

Still having problems. I cannot find any marks resembling > < . the only marks I can see on the casting are R D , a symbol that resembles a capital A with an extended cross bit and a mark that looks like a square root sign. As stated in my previous post the 13 mm nut that holds the arm onto the drive shaft seemed rock solid, I removed it to find a lock washer that shows no sign of movement on the casting. I there any other possible reason for this malfunction? It's got me stumped.  :-\

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2012, 15:42:07 »

As stated in last post no reference markings to go off, so I decided to set it up by trial and error. The problem now is that when I was setting it up I used the screen wash option and although fine on the first two sweeps the final one stopped short of the park position, Any advice please because this is really starting to "do my head in" >:(

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 September 2012, 18:29:06 »

Hi all still having problems with wipers, had a chance today to try and sort them out. I adjusted the arm from the motor as suggested but it still isn't working out. The park position isn't as bad as it was but what is happening is the wipers stop at about 20 degrees to the bonnet but when you start a new sweep the wipers continue downward and run off the screen at the bottom. If you try to compensate for this the wipers don't do a full sweep of the screen. I can't see as anything mechanical could be at fault  :-\ could it be anything electrical like the switch that cuts off the power at park? Help please it starting to do my head in  :'(

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 September 2012, 18:36:07 »

I struggled to get mine quite right when I replaced the motor and linkage, didnt work as it should straight off....

in the end I fitted motor and links

ran a few 'wash wipe' cycles to reset everything, then put on the arms and tightened up.

Everything worked perfectly.

could be worth trying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.