Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CCR2006 stuck fast - won't come out!!  (Read 1557 times)

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
  • Deepest Darkest, Scotland
    • View Profile
CCR2006 stuck fast - won't come out!!
« on: 05 October 2007, 20:42:12 »

Hi,

Treated myself to a new mobile phone carkit today - Parrot CK3200LS - Thought all I had to do was reach up behind the glove box, pull out the wiring harness and splice a few wires.  :(

Removed the kick plate from under the glove box and a bunch of wires dropped out - not the harness I was looking for but a bit of a botch job the previous owner has had done to install a carkit previously (probably paid good money for it). So decided to remove these from their connections behind the radio because they would probably be scotchlok's.

Got the radio removal tools out, removed the 4 grub screws, inserted removal tools, pulled, wiggled, pulled some more... nothin. Removed all the switches arond the unit to give me something to grip - heave - knee on the dashboard stuff - nowt.

Been at it for almost 2 hours now and the bu88er aint for coming out.

Any ideas?

Dave
some day.....

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: CCR2006 stuck fast - won't come out!!
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2007, 20:44:53 »

more weetabix!

Try a different set of keys if you can, these can be a tight fit and hard to remove

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2007, 20:47:11 »

... will go have a bowl of porridge!  :y
some day.....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2007, 00:21:28 »

I found that if you remove the cd caddy and put a finger and thumb into the CD and tape openings you can feel for the chassis and gently pull on it. Obviously, be careful that it is the chassis you're pulling on. They are a bit tight.

Make sure the tools have gone in until they click into place too.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2007, 09:02:24 »

I found that if you remove the cd caddy and put a finger and thumb into the CD and tape openings you can feel for the chassis and gently pull on it. Obviously, be careful that it is the chassis you're pulling on. They are a bit tight.

Make sure the tools have gone in until they click into place too.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I've been trying that but still no good. Got to the stage that the whole thing is gonna break if I pull any harder. The tools are certainly in far enough - Ive taken the unit out of my other omega to compare.

I suspect the unit is fouling on the cage somewhere but I dont think there is any way of getting the cage out without first having the unit out.

Will nip round to the stealers this morning see if one of their grease monkeys have any ideas! :-/

some day.....

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2007, 10:59:14 »

when you push the pins in to remove the stereo, the clips on the stereo that you cant see, they move inward out of the way, then the stereo slides out, however, if the stereo's been removed once or twice before, and not too much care has been taken with the metal clips that hold it in, then sometimes when you slide the pins in, the clips are moving further outwards on the wrong side of the pins, instead of inwards, so you'd kinda have to put the pins into the holes slightly, then point them outwards away from the stereo (pin handles towards each other towards the middle of the stereo) and then see if you can ease the pins the correct side of the clips when pushing further in

does that make sense?

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2007, 16:35:47 »

Thanks for the advice guys.

Finally got it out but the fixing clips and the cage are in a mess. Looks like some cowboy has forced the unit unit with a big screwdiver then just forced it back in. Fortunately I found scrap merchant had an Omega in and I've been able to get a replacement cage and the spring clips from the side of the unit for a £1 !! :y

Now all I have to do is start installing the carkit!
some day.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.