Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Childseat sensor location  (Read 5012 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Childseat sensor location
« Reply #15 on: 29 November 2010, 09:47:24 »

Yes, there are. And thisl light flashes. I remove foult code with "My Naff Code Reader", but as soon as someone sit it goes on again. Childseat is no problem, cause i have got no kids ( yet), and anyway here you must drive kids on the back. .  Looks like I'll have to change passanger seat just to shut this light down. . . . :(
Not sure if the ECU needs reprogramming, or if its clever enough to detect (doubt it), but is it worth just unplugging the connector for it?
Grumpy old man

speedy_ns

• Novi Sad Serbia
    • Omega B 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2010, 12:57:58 »

mayby, but i din' know what is it. There are conectors of heating, electro motors for seat and this, which one of those is it??

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2010, 16:02:13 »

mayby, but i din' know what is it. There are conectors of heating, electro motors for seat and this, which one of those is it??
I thought it was the yellow 20 pin connector with only 2 or 3 wires attached...
Grumpy old man

h4nter

• Poland
    • Omega B FL 2002 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 January 2012, 16:33:46 »

I thought it was the yellow 20 pin connector with only 2 or 3 wires attached...

So youve unplugged the sensor, and the old code went but a new one has appeared, is that right ?
On mine, I unplugged the sensor, cleared the fault code, and (after a couple of starts iirc) the light went out.
I presume your using a Chinese code reader, which we are not allowed to mention on here due to copyright laws ?

Thanks guys for posts and information but still for a month I have no clue how to fix this stupid Child Seat Detection Sensor.

I get the information on polish forum.omegaklub.eu that using original Tech2 in official Opel Car Service they can deactivate this sensor. So I went there, they charged me ~50euro for 1h "computer diagnostics" and said that they can not reprogram my airbag module :(
When I try with my "My Naff Code Reader" to change CSD sensor for Not In Use I get "programming failed". That's why I get to official Opel Service. 50euro for nothing.
So I tried your suggestions. I disconnected yellow flat connector, cleared in "My Naff Code Reader" the error codes, then refresh codes list and then I get "Seat Occupancy Pad 1 Not Present", but there is no CSD Malfunction error. I cleared the connection pins, put some WD40 and tied strongly the connector and then tried again to clear the codes. Now the situation is the same as at the beginning. I see only CSD sensor malfunction.

As far as I know, in the passanger seat there is inside this seat occupancy pad (like a rubber keyboard) with some chip + sensor for Child Seat Detection. It is all on 3 wires (yellow flat square connector). So whenever I disconnect this yellow connector and clear codes, I don't get CSD malfunction but the whole Occupancy Pad is Not Present. So it won't fix my problem but create bigger one. Am I missing something?

Summary for the moment:
- I'm unable to deactivate CSD sensor in "My Naff Code Reader"
- Opel Car Service (official) is unable to deactivate CSD sensor in Tech2 (or they don't know how)
- messing with Occupancy Pad/CSD sensor yellow flat square connector doesn't help

If only someone could describe his procedure step by step and on which Omega version it was done. Or some other suggestion/advice.
Mine is Omega B FL 2002 3.2 V6 Y32SE Executive caravan/combi.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 January 2012, 17:34:48 »

You need to change the seat sensor, or change the SRS ECU (as these are one-time-config units)
Grumpy old man

h4nter

• Poland
    • Omega B FL 2002 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 January 2012, 20:46:43 »

You need to change the seat sensor, or change the SRS ECU (as these are one-time-config units)
Thx for info. But I've just get message from a polish Omega Owner (forum.omegaklub.eu) that he visited a "magician" who did something in the wires under the seat and then disabled the CSD sensor in Tech2 (original for GM/Opel). So maybe it is doable but not only with Tech2/"My Naff Code Reader" but first disconnect yellow flat square connector from SensorPad/CSD?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 January 2012, 19:03:12 »

Thx for info. But I've just get message from a polish Omega Owner (forum.omegaklub.eu) that he visited a "magician" who did something in the wires under the seat and then disabled the CSD sensor in Tech2 (original for GM/Opel). So maybe it is doable but not only with Tech2/"My Naff Code Reader" but first disconnect yellow flat square connector from SensorPad/CSD?
It would likely be possible to lift the flash chip from ECU, put an unconfiged flash in its place, then program.

:-\
Grumpy old man

h4nter

• Poland
    • Omega B FL 2002 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 January 2012, 19:39:33 »

It would likely be possible to lift the flash chip from ECU, put an unconfiged flash in its place, then program. :-\
Are sure that it is in ECU (Engine Control Unit)? IMO it is in SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) (AirBag control unit). Am I right?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 January 2012, 19:41:26 »

SRS ecu, lives under centre armrest console
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90663.0
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 January 2012, 19:46:02 »

It would likely be possible to lift the flash chip from ECU, put an unconfiged flash in its place, then program. :-\
Are sure that it is in ECU (Engine Control Unit)? IMO it is in SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) (AirBag control unit). Am I right?
ECU (Electronic Control Unit) is generic term.  It is indeed the SRS ECU that needs reprogramming. This sits under rear cigarette lighter socket.
Grumpy old man

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 January 2012, 22:29:14 »

Looks to be the most straightforward solution (subject to availability of course).

The problem doesn't come up very often on the forum which implies that either very few UK cars have the seat sensor fitted or the seat sensors are generally reliable.

Maybe one of the breakers could supply a good used seat sensor  :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 January 2012, 22:32:20 »

I beleive last time we checked sensor was integral to the seat.

Rossi123?  had/has this issue too, sure theres another 1 or 2 as well.

proving an awkward one.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 January 2012, 22:32:34 »

If the car being broken never had a seat sensor then it would have an SRS ECU that wouldn't need to be reprogrammed of course...................
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 January 2012, 03:44:57 »

mine has it fitted but never really looked into it, light comes on when start car goes off after system check and thats good enough for me
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000

h4nter

• Poland
    • Omega B FL 2002 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 January 2012, 10:37:59 »

If the car being broken never had a seat sensor then it would have an SRS ECU that wouldn't need to be reprogrammed of course...................

Thanks for your reply! Anyway this issue is a real pain in the ass. Still don't know what to do to fix it in the simple way. I'm still waiting for a contact to a guy who fixed this CSD sensor issue by disabling it in SRS ECU. But my college from polish forum says that hid did also something under the seat and then used Tech2. It is strange for because in official Opel Car Service they told me that SRS ECU is one time config and they can not change anything. But it must be doable because somehow people on ebay offer to clear crash data from AirBag SRS ECU and to do other changes. What do you think about it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.