Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157287 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #510 on: 27 May 2012, 21:03:25 »

You are wrong.
Why don`t the admin team grow a pair and put it into type exactly why it`s "wrong" then or does this "phantom clique" exist within the confines of their ivory tower aka "chat room" ??? ??? ???
I would imagine there are quite a few members awaiting the admin take on all this, or is it going to be a case of "sometime never"
RobG - seems you've definately got a bee in your bonnet about something. Which is good, and precisely what this thread is about :y.

However, not quite sure I understand what your are getting at  :-[. Can you ask the question/query again, in a way a dimwit like me would understand ;D
Don`t do "dimwit" so I`ll search the forum and get an idea what a dimwit is ::)
What do you want me to explain the "grow a pair" post or the "stealth" one
Rob.  I really do not mean this to be antagonistic or in any way condascending so please do not read it as such.

But.

If you have a hair up your arse regarding what you percieve as a problem on here then please, by all means, use simple words and phrases rather than speaking in off-hand riddles and conjectures.   It will save several pages of faff and the need to subsequently seperate wheat from chaff.   :y
???
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 27 May 2012, 21:08:30 »

What puzzles me is the fact you still actually think you did this fairly

Because....You were provocative, she was reactive.

without provocation, there would be no reaction.

imho anything else would not have been fair.

simples

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 27 May 2012, 21:19:47 »

simples

So why did you let Ljay bully Ali which she did?
Why did you let Ljay get away with the "provocative" one word comments she has used several times? I used the exact same words that she has, so whats the difference?
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 27 May 2012, 21:22:39 »

digging up ancient history there!...Not even sure I was a mod its that far back.  I totally fail to see the relevance

but the answer is simple....Ali (or anyone) else could clicked alert mod, and it would be dealt with, as I have stated....Alert mod HAD been used against her in the past, and punishments administered (by other admin)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 27 May 2012, 21:25:29 »

simples

from what i was reading that night there was such as thing as being over reactive.......do i think Ljay should have been banned NO but once you decided to ban DLK you have stopped Ljay from continuing to slate DLK and do the dirty washing on open forum in fact a few other members copped a response when posting

ok not party to PM s but if you decide to make comments like those on open forum in my opinion you need to be silenced and that did not happen to Ljay

as i said there were no winners everyone lost that night i sat reading in amazement at the shite storm that was developing in front of my eyes shacking my head in disbelife

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 27 May 2012, 21:28:20 »

digging up ancient history there!...Not even sure I was a mod its that far back.  I totally fail to see the relevance

but the answer is simple....Ali (or anyone) else could clicked alert mod, and it would be dealt with, as I have stated....Alert mod HAD been used against her in the past, and punishments administered (by other admin)

I fail to see how you can not see the relevance
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 27 May 2012, 21:31:15 »

simples

from what i was reading that night there was such as thing as being over reactive.......do i think Ljay should have been .......

You could say over reactive....but if loo-knee had not posted.....there would have been NO reaction.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 27 May 2012, 21:33:21 »

Personally, I think its good that Admins aren't visible, as I've seen before that those wishing to cause trouble waiting until no Admins are online
  :-X
Bit of a contradiction there TB. If you`re saying that troublemakers will "strike" when no admin are showing as online, stay out of stealth mode and by your line of thinking troublemakers won`t strike, seemples
The way I see it is people don't know when admins are online, rather than completely advertising none are.

Do you think its an issue?
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 27 May 2012, 21:36:40 »

ok we seem to be banging heads again.

What are the views of the Admin Team?

Jaime? Broocie? Barry? Mark?

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 27 May 2012, 21:36:53 »

Apart from it being years ago, and I wasn't on the moderation team..... how was it anything to do with me?  as far as I remember it was dealt with by H21.  crime done, time done. over, history.

You provoked a member who was doing nothing wrong, and hadn't for a long time.  I moderated as I saw fit at the time.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 27 May 2012, 21:38:35 »

Apart from it being years ago, and I wasn't on the moderation team..... how was it anything to do with me?  as far as I remember it was dealt with by H21.  crime done, time done. over, history.

You provoked a member who was doing nothing wrong, and hadn't for a long time.  I moderated as I saw fit at the time.

No you did not, you reacted as you are the husband of Ljay

feeutfo

« Reply #521 on: 27 May 2012, 21:39:33 »

Personally, I think its good that Admins aren't visible, as I've seen before that those wishing to cause trouble waiting until no Admins are online
Bit of a contradiction there TB. If you`re saying that troublemakers will "strike" when no admin are showing as online, stay out of stealth mode and by your line of thinking troublemakers won`t strike, seemples
The way I see it is people don't know when admins are online, rather than completely advertising none are.

Not when is got (+1 hidden) at the top of the page. Does seem are rather pointless way of being (hidden) though tbh.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 27 May 2012, 21:43:38 »

ok we seem to be banging heads again.

What are the views of the Admin Team?

Jaime? Broocie? Barry? Mark?
Speaking purely 100% as a member, not an Administrator here, Ljay overreacted to a simple tit-for-tat reply. I thought Jimbob overreacted to the non-incident, potentially due to other pressures, creating an incident out of nothing.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 27 May 2012, 21:45:13 »

Not when is got (+1 hidden) at the top of the page. Does seem are rather pointless way of being (hidden) though tbh.
As said, thats a functionality difference between the old and new software that is (a long way down) on my list of things to fix. But seems people see stealth as a far bigger problem than I ever thought it could be?  :-\
Grumpy old man

OOMV6

« Reply #524 on: 27 May 2012, 21:45:58 »

I speak from the sidelines in the sense of knowing nobody on OOF personally.

With the amount of members there are coming from all parts of the world, cultures, backgrounds, upbringing, beliefs ...... there is always room for arguments. That is of course, if people continue not to accept others have different views, opinions and beliefs on any particular subjects.

Acceptance is what is needed. Everybody needs to accept that people will have different likes and dislikes. Some will repeatedly come up with the old boring cliches, some will spout their political views strongly, whilst others love or hate the royal family. You cannot and will not change someones opinion. It is up to them to change it if they choose to. And frankly, why the hell would you want to change someone's opinion? So they agree and support you? Because you feel so strongly about the given subject so everybody should feel the same? NO.

The Loo-knee, Jimbo thing. It ain't resolved. So, those directly involved need to sort it. Or not. That's their choice. And the rest of us need to stay the hell out of the way. It's nothing to do with us, even if you know one or more of the people personally. No reason why anybody should be naffed off except those involved. If others feel strongly about it, stay away from GenDiss and just consult OOF when you need car help.

There are lots of better things to be doing, and perhaps more pressing things to be concerned about, than worrying about the views of somebody you may have never even met.

Personally, I am not particulary patriotic, not particulary interested in the royal family and don't really care what happens in British politics as I don't live there. As a result, I make a choice as to whether to get involved in discussions. That said if there are those that have opposite views, then great, good for them. We may not understand each other, or we may understand but not agree, but so what. Each to their own. I may be judged for those views. So what. I won't judge you though, that's my main point. Live and let live.

It has been said more than once. OOF is a great forum and credit due to the Admin / Mods who look after it, as well as the members who participate.

If you don't like the chat area, find another website to chat on.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.