Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First class Autoglass!  (Read 1042 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

First class Autoglass!
« on: 03 July 2009, 18:48:14 »

Once more I have had need to use Autoglass, this time due to some chips in the windscreen and a previously small crack, growing!! ::) ::) ::)

Anyway today I took advantage of my comprehensive policy with w/s cover and had it replaced for £60 excess.  Brilliant job, with them turning up early for the appointment with them giving my a lovely UV replacement!  No fuss, no problems, great tidy job done! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

Admins:  How about placing Autoglass on the recommended supplier list??  Most if not all members I have seen comment on windscreen replacement have all given the thumbs up to Autoglass! ;) ;)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: First class Autoglass!
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2009, 18:51:32 »

We've had about 3 screens, all from autoglass

All been fine, and job well done.

1 car had a different 3rd party screen, that cracked one hot day, no one near the car!
1 car had a refund from RAC windsceens, they had made such a mess of the job!

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2009, 20:37:51 »

Next job on mine, got a chip that seems to be getting bigger with small cracks appearing around it.
Was going to check out Autoglass first.

Mick

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2009, 21:19:16 »

Once more I have had need to use Autoglass, this time due to some chips in the windscreen and a previously small crack, growing!! ::) ::) ::)

Anyway today I took advantage of my comprehensive policy with w/s cover and had it replaced for £60 excess.  Brilliant job, with them turning up early for the appointment with them giving my a lovely UV replacement!  No fuss, no problems, great tidy job done! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

Admins:  How about placing Autoglass on the recommended supplier list??  Most if not all members I have seen comment on windscreen replacement have all given the thumbs up to Autoglass! ;) ;)

Very good in Ashford they seem first class  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2009, 09:32:16 »

as with most nationwide companys i find, often quality is very much branch specific. Personally found the Reading branch good. Slough branch was a mare but is now closed. High wycombe also heard good reports.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2009, 09:33:38 by chrisgixer »

KillerWatt

« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2009, 10:17:34 »

Guildford branch did our screen.
Had a few cock ups to start with (for which they waived half my excess), but when they did eventually turn up, all done & dusted in the hour.

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2009, 23:27:32 »

I had the High Wycombe branch put me in a sparkly new UV screen last week. Did a very good job but won't warrant leakage as it had a 2p size rust spot on the bond line by the mirror and in both lower corners (very common he said). To his credit he wire brushed and rust cured it but still no warranty.

Some years ago when my old firm still had miggy company cars I watched the Slough mobile fitter crack 2 screens trying to fit them, sounds like closure was inevitable  ;)

On a side note first time out after the install my wife complained that her reactolite glasses were not changing  :D :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.