Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A sad day at the office  (Read 1964 times)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
A sad day at the office
« on: 09 July 2012, 12:58:12 »

As some of you may have read from one of my previous posts, the company I work for is in administration. Well, the good new is that I still have a job when we restart the business under a new owner, but it's been a really sad day saying goodbye to some of my colleagues that I've worked with for over 20 years that didn't escape the chop. :'(

I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: A sad day at the office
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2012, 13:19:47 »

yes, mixed emotions Im sure....

All the best for the future!

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2012, 13:35:25 »

Good workmates become your best mates. always sad when you have to part company. hope all goes well with your new bosses

Kendo1690

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 52 3.2 Elite,08 Zafira150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2012, 14:22:12 »

Well done,but I feel for your workmates,let's hope their is something around the corner for them,all the best.... :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2012, 15:08:48 »

Yes, to say goodbye in those circumstances is always difficult - all the very best with your new employer Bob, I hope things settle down and you can look forward to the future with some confidence. :y

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2012, 15:43:31 »

When this happened at the firm I worked for,believe it or not one of the owners went around with a big tray of cream cakes to congratulate those who were staying - while the ones who were going were still at their desks. >:(
Apparently it was like something Ricky Gervais would have done in The Office. ::)

STMO123

« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2012, 15:45:12 »

They obviously value you Bob, I'd ask for a pay rise.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2012, 16:14:35 »

Good to hear you are secure and it is sad when others are not, been there. Some animosity is natural and settles after a while.

I guess you will be made redundant though for a day or so, you should still be entitled to statutory redundancy pay. 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2012, 21:25:06 »

i know you dont feel good about it Bob but as others say they must feel you have something to offer and i am sure you do ( besides a nice burgger) hope the future prospects are good for you mate sorry for your work mates but glad to hear your moving forward :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2012, 21:29:25 »

Lots of losers in these circumstances .... glad you kept a job when others did not, but there are more losers than just them ... all the firms owed money by the "failed" firm that just wipes its debts and restarts ... how many of them will have to lay off workers as well ??? or small family firms that may actually close ??

IMHO firms that fail should NOT just be allowed to restart under a new owner/name with all the debts just wiped away, someone, somewhere is paying for that ... :(

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2012, 21:36:42 »

agree with you in some respects Nige building trade renowned for it under limited company but when a new owner steps in with fresh funds imho i think its a good thing even if they brought the company cheap at least they pay something.........seen companies run up accounts make false promises knowing they will be bust the next week and able to restart under a slightly different name with same clients but wife as director etc

thats why i trade as proprietor risky but i am responsible for all m :yy debts

albitz

« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2012, 23:18:53 »

Lots of losers in these circumstances .... glad you kept a job when others did not, but there are more losers than just them ... all the firms owed money by the "failed" firm that just wipes its debts and restarts ... how many of them will have to lay off workers as well ??? or small family firms that may actually close ??

IMHO firms that fail should NOT just be allowed to restart under a new owner/name with all the debts just wiped away, someone, somewhere is paying for that ... :(

Couldnt agree more.My last employer (of 20 years) still owes me £15,000 but I have no legal means of getting it,due to the fact that they went under and then started up again under a slightly different name a short time later, and carried on regardless. >:( >:(

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2012, 00:16:21 »

my last employer owed debts to the tune of £5million and fed me shite as a senior manager that all was well and my friends subcontractors i had known for years should not worry about money owed. lady luck smiled when all thier cheques bounced so the holding company issued duplicate cheques which cleared then the bounced cheques were re presented and also cleared but even so ,so much money owed to some very hard working individuals that could never recover the loss and as such fell victim unessisarily

on a plus note the back stabbing no balls comercial manager got a little slap which dismissed me from the company and my 4k final invoice, the recivers did send me a cheque for 56p in settlement alas it spelt a departure from an industry i love so much

in a nut shell its not who you slap but who they know :( if only my name was smith ;D ;D

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2012, 00:49:29 »

Our stuation is a little different Nige as we are in CVA (controlled voluntary administration). All our suppliers have all been paid up to date, it's HMRC that haven't. It's all a bit complex to explain in a post on here, so I'll not bore you all by attempting to. ;)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.