Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate change,You must be joking!  (Read 40563 times)

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
Re: Climate change,You must be joking!
« Reply #150 on: 11 January 2010, 07:54:21 »

Good morning to you and all other oofers
Don't wee on the electric fence

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 11 January 2010, 09:25:49 »

I could, if I was so inclined, give this thread a turbo boost with an interesting link, such as

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/10/un-ipcc-chief-pachauri-under-fire-in-india-for-conflicts-of-interest/

...but perish the thought!  ;) ;D ;D

It is indeed an interesting link Nick that warrants attention as however doubtful the bona fides of those such as Pachauri now appear to be, we can be sure that there are those in our own legislature who will choose to 'plough' on regardless.

Meanwhile, those unmitigated fools, aka Members of Parliament, on the environmental audit committee have urged the UK Government to cut emissions more quickly at home – to prove to other countries Britain was serious about backing up its attempts to get an international agreement [on global warming] with action.

Read more;

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2010/01/god-laughed.html
« Last Edit: 11 January 2010, 10:59:18 by Zulu77 »

Nickbat

« Reply #152 on: 11 January 2010, 10:26:07 »

I could, if I was so inclined, give this thread a turbo boost with an interesting link, such as

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/10/un-ipcc-chief-pachauri-under-fire-in-india-for-conflicts-of-interest/

It is indeed an interesting link Nick that warrants attention as however doubtful the bona fides of those such as Pachauri now appear to be we, can be sure that there are those in our own legislature who will choose to 'plough' on regardless.

Meanwhile, those unmitigated fools, aka Members of Parliament, on the environmental audit committee have urged the UK Government to cut emissions more quickly at home – to prove to other countries Britain was serious about backing up its attempts to get an international agreement [on global warming] with action.

Read more;

Dear Lord, is there no end to this madness?

:( :(

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 11 January 2010, 10:52:51 »

seemingly not  ;)
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 11 January 2010, 10:56:50 »

It is indeed an interesting link Nick that warrants attention as however doubtful the bona fides of those such as Pachauri now appear to be we, can be sure that there are those in our own legislature who will choose to 'plough' on regardless.

Read more;

Dear Lord, is there no end to this madness?

:( :(

Apparently not, but aside from the bunker mentality of this stance the stated intention will have to be paid for in the form of taxes, levies and a fundamental change demanded in the way we all presently lead our lives - enforced by legislation.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 11 January 2010, 10:57:51 »

seemingly not  ;)

Are you being naughty bj?

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 11 January 2010, 11:05:09 »

oh I see, Nick was talking about the article....I thought he had gained a self awareness hitherto unseen  ;)

my apologies  :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 11 January 2010, 11:07:05 »

excuse me if this is on an old thread Zulu - but who's the avatar? looks a bit like a pre-trout lips Meg Ryan?

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 11 January 2010, 11:15:58 »

excuse me if this is on an old thread Zulu - but who's the avatar? looks a bit like a pre-trout lips Meg Ryan?

A bit wide of the mark bj, although the resemblance is there I must admit, this is of course the great mezzo-soprano Ann Sophie von Otter :-* :-* :-* :-* 8-) 8-) :y

http://www.bach-cantatas.com/Bio/Otter-Anne-Sophie-von.htm

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 11 January 2010, 11:17:46 »

oh I see, Nick was talking about the article....I thought he had gained a self awareness hitherto unseen  ;)

my apologies  :y

;D ;D I needed that wee chuckle  :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 11 January 2010, 11:23:11 »

A bit wide of the mark bj, although the resemblance is there I must admit, this is of course the great mezzo-soprano Ann Sophie von Otter :-* :-* :-* :-* 8-) 8-) :y

of course it is!.......... :-? - thanks for the link  :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 11 January 2010, 11:24:37 »

of course it is!.......... :-? - thanks for the link  :y

Always happy to oblige :y

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 12 January 2010, 02:59:48 »

Sorry, chaps.  I was quite happy to lay this thread to rest, but I just noticed an article in The Times which is very close to my point of view.  Unfortunately, it's by Giles Coren, who I find to be one of the most irritating men on the planet, but, for once, we're in agreement. 

Have a look at this:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/giles_coren/article6981487.ece

Feel free to skip over the bit at the end about cricket - interesting, but not germane - but have a look at the comments from readers.  Some of them have no relevance whatsoever to the original article; indeed, some of them seem to think the article says exactly the opposite of what it actually says. 

I'm beginning to think that this currently fashionable "have your say" culture has run its course and needs to be knocked on the head sooner rather than later.  It's bad enough that we are constantly bombarded with the innacurate and biassed opinions of columnists and lobbyists, but now we're also being exposed to page after page of complete b*ll*cks from ignoramuses with no understanding of grammar or spelling, let alone style.  It seems, now, that these buffoons are also lacking basic reading and comprehension skills.  And, of course, the current repository of all human knowledge is perceived to be Wikipedia

I'm very glad I'll be dead by the time today's teenagers come to power. :( :( :(
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

STMO999

« Reply #163 on: 12 January 2010, 07:16:34 »

but now we're also being exposed to page after page of complete b*ll*cks from ignoramuses with no understanding of grammar or spelling, let alone style.  It seems, now, that these buffoons are also lacking basic reading and comprehension skills.  And, of course, the current repository of all human knowledge is perceived to be Wikipedia.

OOF general discussion area. ;D

Nickbat

« Reply #164 on: 12 January 2010, 09:39:17 »

Sorry, chaps.  I was quite happy to lay this thread to rest, but I just noticed an article in The Times which is very close to my point of view.  Unfortunately, it's by Giles Coren, who I find to be one of the most irritating men on the planet, but, for once, we're in agreement. 

Have a look at this:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/giles_coren/article6981487.ece

Feel free to skip over the bit at the end about cricket - interesting, but not germane - but have a look at the comments from readers.  Some of them have no relevance whatsoever to the original article; indeed, some of them seem to think the article says exactly the opposite of what it actually says. 

I'm beginning to think that this currently fashionable "have your say" culture has run its course and needs to be knocked on the head sooner rather than later.  It's bad enough that we are constantly bombarded with the innacurate and biassed opinions of columnists and lobbyists, but now we're also being exposed to page after page of complete b*ll*cks from ignoramuses with no understanding of grammar or spelling, let alone style.  It seems, now, that these buffoons are also lacking basic reading and comprehension skills.  And, of course, the current repository of all human knowledge is perceived to be Wikipedia

I'm very glad I'll be dead by the time today's teenagers come to power. :( :( :(

Indeed, columnists like Coren who write such things as "Global warming will in the end interfere with the ocean currents, knock out the Gulf Stream.." are certainly inaccurate.

;)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 39   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.