Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lemforder wishbones from AllGerman  (Read 4492 times)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Lemforder wishbones from AllGerman
« Reply #45 on: 01 August 2011, 10:42:42 »

Yes, I have an early failure, but wont be returning them...too much hassle when I can just drop a bolt and poly bush em for the sake of £40.

Jason, how would you see a warranty swap working out of interest in this instance?

Would lemforder just claim fitted / torqued incorrectly :-/

as TB has said, given we assume wishbones off the car for however long, then geometry set up needed again, I just imagine its too impractical.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 August 2011, 10:44:04 »

The bottom line is we are monitoring and seeing wear on the bushes plus we know they have been installed correctly.

In my case, it ws much easier to fit poly bsuhes a than bugger around with warranty claims, postage hassle and time with the car off the road.

The only part answer to the A4 issues are the Meyle reinforced stuff!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 August 2011, 11:50:39 »

The bottom line is we are monitoring and seeing wear on the bushes plus we know they have been installed correctly.

In my case, it ws much easier to fit poly bsuhes a than bugger around with warranty claims, postage hassle and time with the car off the road.

The only part answer to the A4 issues are the Meyle reinforced stuff!
WRONG!

The only answer is to sell the heap of kack ;). Shame he replaced it with a rather Laguna  :-X
Grumpy old man

All German Parts ltd

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 August 2011, 17:18:52 »

Hi there,
we normally have to send stuff back to ZF for inspection and if they are deemed faulty we can claim labour too-however whether they say it's faulty is anyone's guess. I can call them tomorrow and have a word. Obviously they have the final say over us. In all honesty we never get to test them.. We would normally sell a new pair if we got a claim then refund when we got a yes from the manufacturer. Having said that we do have a no qubble swap out agreement with a few manufacturers. We try to be fair and help anyone-if we knew there have been issues with a part previously we'd just swap it anyway and sometimes if the value is low we'd just send a new one out without needing the old one back. Obviously wishbones are a few quid and You can tell if people are being straight and we try to be the best suppliers we can. Thing is bad news travels better than good so we like to stay on the good side.

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 August 2011, 18:54:47 »

looks like the best idea is to go down the scrapyard and buy some arms then polybush them,then when yours fail its a quick swap.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01 August 2011, 20:03:41 »

My wishbones were replaced with OE about 5 years ago at around 110/112k. I've never really looked at what they're like, but it passed its MOT a couple of weeks ago with no comment.  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 August 2011, 20:20:40 »

I think Jason is being more than fair, and  would honour the statement he has made, so if they go in less than 2 years, and you don't want to go the poly route, do as he suggests, buy a new pair and wait for the refund. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01 August 2011, 20:58:16 »

I think Jason is being more than fair, and  would honour the statement he has made, so if they go in less than 2 years, and you don't want to go the poly route, do as he suggests, buy a new pair and wait for the refund. :y

Agreed... It is very fair :y Unfortunately the decision on the refund will be made by the manufacturer, not Jason, and I fear the reply would be that they were incorrectly fitted :-/ Or perhaps that's just the cynic in me ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #53 on: 01 August 2011, 21:02:06 »

I fear I may have to experience changing wishbones for the first time soon. Ive noticed the car seems to squirm off to the right when the suspension compresses under moderate braking.Doesnt feel like a sticky caliper, so Im assuming shot bushes.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01 August 2011, 21:11:39 »

I fear I may have to experience changing wishbones for the first time soon. Ive noticed the car seems to squirm off to the right when the suspension compresses under moderate braking.Doesnt feel like a sticky caliper, so Im assuming shot bushes.

Not actually too bad to do IMO... If timings work I'm willing to advise at my normal fee of tea and a buttie ::) :D

Especially if it means I get to meet the lovely Mrs Albs again ::) :y
« Last Edit: 01 August 2011, 21:12:17 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 August 2011, 21:13:35 »

A certain Lord of the Manor said to me "your clown tyres are causing that"...
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #56 on: 01 August 2011, 23:14:17 »

A certain Lord of the Manor said to me "your clown tyres are causing that"...

Random tracking was tyres on yours. They are mullered, both front shoulders on both sides missing. Rounded off. Rears flat in the middle. Classic spirited driving on Elite suspension. Put the rears on the front and the steering felt instantly stiffer as the contact patch was now bugger giving more resitance and the back was then wondering.

Jury still out on pull left under braking. As the bushes have been done by the master, I guess that leaves a brake imbalance, as opposed to a suspension imbalance. ESP as the idler if fine... Although it really needs a good check around under there too.

What's niggling me is the last time I witnessed similar was on a car with odd wishbones. Delphi on the drivers side. Brake and the car went left and the steering wheel turned right on it's own. Yours is nowhere near as bad but differant in that it pulls but have to steer into it to keep straight, the steering wheel doesn't move on it's own, it's just a pull left which has to be steered into....There is something further to diagnose with yours. Given the brake bleeding issues we had last time, I guess start there.... ?

05omegav6

« Reply #57 on: 02 August 2011, 00:07:55 »

OE on mine lasted approx 130k/6 yrs. Pattern lasted 20k/6months. Current set done 76 miles, with polybushed fronts, so a bit early to say on rear bush life expectancy :-/.
VX ones six times the price, so it would seem reasonable that they should last six times longer. :-/

p.s. worn shocks together with worn top mounts and worn bushes soon turn a well mannered car into an uncontrollable shed.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2011, 00:09:31 by 05omegav6 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.