Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed - Facelift & Preface lift differences  (Read 282 times)

SJKOO01

Help needed - Facelift & Preface lift differences
« on: 18 April 2009, 20:08:28 »

Hi Chaps (& lasses).

Wonder if anyone can help with this question.

Not long had my facelift 2.2 Auto. Not bad car, now I've fixed the little gremlins. However my confidence has gone owning this one, and to be honest I long for a preface lift GLS model with a V6 in it (should of got that in the 1st place). Thought I'd be happy with the facelift, but now realise I should of got a car without the electric toys in it, so now longing for something in basic trim.
Mind you I may end up getting the 4cyl 2.0 if I can't get a good condition V6 ?.

Anyway, the thing is I'm a disabled driver using hand controls, and I need to know if the preface lift steering column & pedals are the same, and are they interchangeable between each other (my pedals have been modified to fold up out the way when I'm using the car). And my plan is to get the hand controls & the pedals swapped over from my facelift to the preface lift, and not having to spend more money getting controls yet again.

Anyone know the answer to this ?. And would appreciate any help / advise if you can ?.  :-? .

Thanks in advance  :) .

Regards,

M

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed - Facelift & Preface lift differences
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2009, 20:09:42 »

the early prefacelifts steering columns werent adjustable, think they became the same at 98
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.