Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ecu problem [i think]  (Read 10844 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: ecu problem [i think]
« Reply #30 on: 04 August 2008, 22:22:34 »

hi phil, ive got an omega petrol manual [haynes] but these schematics are a bloody nightmare to follow especially as i dont have a microscope!, ive had a look at the blue plug that james mentioned & there are no pushed through pins or cut wires, as for those codes, well that is a slap in the face!, its not like ive got enough to sort out, i think im going to have to take a chance & get it to MARK DTM as this car is putting years on me & upsetting the mrs, also if its true what "the boy" says then nothing i do is going to change it anyway as the ECU is ignoring the new g/box [so it aint that clever after all], so has anyone got MARKS DTM FULL address & phone number so i can arrange it with him COZ ITS DRIVING ME INSANE :D :P

philhoward

• Staffs
  • Love the engines, so put one in something else..
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 August 2008, 22:38:06 »

Tim,

I wasn't having a pop - it was a genuine comment and not meant to add insult to injury.

I was just thinking out loud (and on a keyboard..).  High voltage on a sensor normally suggests the sensor is open circuit (meaning either dead, or a wiring fault), whereas voltage low suggests a sensor failure or a short circuit to ground.  It would normally be one or the other - that was what seemed wierd to me.

My profession is electrical/electronic, so i sometimes try and read too much into things...

Not sure if my next comment is going to cause (any more) offense, but changing the box to an AR35 can only be a good thing overall - for reliability and also allowing you the ability/safety to chip the engine ECU if you so decide - which (from what I gather) offers better driveability AND economy.  You haven't gone the "wrong" route in trying to fix this problem as 99.99% of the problems you have described are physical gearbox problems.  It does sound like (as you have said) it needs a severe talking to with the likes of a Tech2 given the usual avenue of attack hasn't worked in your case.

I am also going through my own headaches with my Mig...
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 August 2008, 22:40:09 »

If you want, I can try and decode into "long-hand" the TD specific parts of the ECU/Autobox wiring with colours, etc if that will help..i.e. pin x of y, Red/Blue to pin z of switch a
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 August 2008, 22:51:47 »

HI PHIL, I wasnt suggesting you were having a pop & im the same as you in some respects, when im doing my normal job [unemployed at the mo] im a qualified pinspotter tech [10 pin bowling machines to you!] which are a mass of mainly 12v circuits & an abundance of microswitches etc & i know that a iffy ground or indeed a bad crimp can resort in resistance problems, all im saying is that my eyes aint as good as they were & the diagrams aint the best, this is the first time ever ive been stumped by a car so its very frustrating to admit defeat, at least the car now has a name [winker,,,missprit!]

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 August 2008, 22:56:47 »

sorry phil our posts crossed, that would be helpful & i can have a play with my test meter, but i`ll still have to get it tech2`d as this useless electronic brain is as stubborn as my mrs, never had this problem with monzas or senators but the miggy is a different animal!

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 August 2008, 23:00:05 »

oh & i still need the full address of MARK DTM & phone number so i can get it over to him

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 August 2008, 23:02:26 »

Tim,

If its any consolation, a chap at work is having ECU issues with a VW (shusshhhhhh), and he used to install and commission said machines for AMF...apparently, he wrote their installation manual?

He's needing my assistance electrically..big style!

Will see what sense i can make of the diagram - might take me a couple of days as don't get much spare time at the mo...

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 August 2008, 23:05:59 »

well you know what AMF stands for,,another major f*** up!, i might know him as im also AMF, mind you alot of these bods got through on who they know rather than what they know,,,who is he?

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 August 2008, 23:11:41 »

well you know what AMF stands for,,another major f*** up!, i might know him as im also AMF, mind you alot of these bods got through on who they know rather than what they know,,,who is he?
Alwyn (think there's enough 'W's in it) Barton...

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 August 2008, 23:31:17 »

never heard of him,he must be getting on as these machines have been around since 1970 perhaps he was on the computer scoring side as opposed to the machines, anyhow im sitting here with a magnifying glass & the said drawings, would be handy as one sheet dont you think, flicking over pages & looking up component numbers just confuses the issue, but still need MARK DTM CONTACT DETAILS ANYONE, im running out of time as the car has got to be moved within a week & he`s moaning as i said it wouldnt take long,,,,ooooops!, i wouldnt mind but the car is no oil painting but its now become a challenge & i wont be beaten by it but have been tempted to do a basil fawlty on it once or twice ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #40 on: 05 August 2008, 00:25:25 »

pm him...again....?????

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05 August 2008, 06:15:16 »

Not being funny Tim, but the only person who will give you Mark's details, is Mark, would be a betrayal of trust for anyone else to pass them on.

Am sure he will see this today and be in touch.

He is a VERY busy man, and was away all weekend, which may explain the delay.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05 August 2008, 09:18:33 »

so has anyone got MARKS DTM FULL address & phone number

Don't mean to sound rude but, there is no way on earth I (or anyone else) would give that out!

Mark, like many of us is very busy, especially at the moment. He's a helpful and clever chap but he doesn't have time to fix every members problems and I am pretty sure he is going away for a bit soon.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05 August 2008, 09:20:47 »

oh & i still need the full address of MARK DTM

No you don't - not unless he gives it to you! Sorry to sound so blunt but you really shouldn't be asking this on a public forum.

Phils offer is the best one so far, and you should take him up on it.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05 August 2008, 10:40:45 »

well i consider myself reprimanded, i assumed he was a business as his name pops up so often, he did ask me to take the car over saying he was in west bridgord but that was it, there was another address on the email that said beeston but didnt know what this was about, anyhow i must apologise to MARK but i wasnt to know, im now going to beat myself with wet celery & rub french mustard into the wounds as ive been "a very naughty boy" :),,,,,,[well youve got to spoil yourself every now & again aint ya!]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.