Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2003 Manual GLS Estate  (Read 3586 times)

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
2003 Manual GLS Estate
« on: 06 May 2012, 14:10:51 »

Its got to go as wifey says it smells !   This will be my description when i post it up on Ebay in the next few days.This rain means i have not been able to take pictures yet but hope to later today.If anyones interested here i'll post them up.I have cleaned the car out yesterday so it doesn't really smell anymore ! I have no idea what its going to fetch really but i was thinking of a reserve to at least be a bit more than the scrap value,anyone know what that might be ?

Here is my Vauxhall Omega 2.2 GLS,Petrol and Manual.I have had this car for about 5 years and purchased it from a reputable dealer in Sussex,i believe up to then it had been a ‘fleet car’ so serviced regularly up to then.Since then i have continued to have it serviced at my local garage.I have used it as my ‘work horse’ during the week and  scrubbed it up for family use at the weekend.It has not been used for towing or carrying anything particularly heavy,just my tools and equiptment and light materials.It still scrubs up reasonably well but is now a little tatty round the edges so i have upgraded to a newer car now and this one has to go.This car starts first time,runs well and stops true.It is probably due a service and a bit of tlc but i have dealt with and paid for several major issues in the last year or two which at least you shouldn’t need to worry about.
Here are the bad bits.It does have some scratches here and there ,some on the roof and others elsewhere,many are just surface and may well polish out some may not.One or two places around the front and rear bumpers there are small areas of missing paint.There is a scratch on one rear post which has gone a little rusty but not too bad.There is a little rust under the rear wash/wipe.Most of those things i don’t think would particularly bother you if your looking for a cheap car to runaround.Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago i scrapped along a low ‘hidden’ stone wall disguised by a bit of ivy and did some damage to the cill and lower corners of the passenger door.I would say its a little more than superficial but certainly not a bad dent,i have put a bit of touch up paint on it for now but think someone a bit handy could do a job on it.The insides are ok but could do with a good clean,the catch on the glove compartment is a bit loose but still works.Last week i noticed a bit of ‘hair’ hanging out of the rear exhaust so i guess the box is breaking down inside and will probably need replacing soon.
Here are the good bits.I have a fair amount of service history and in the last couple of years i have spent a good deal of money on major items as follows.
Jan 12.   Head gasket/cambelt £680
Aug 11. Service.  £162
Jan 11.  New clutch £511
July 10. New Battery
May 10. Service and new exhaust manifold £580
Also have some other bills and it had a new Air Con Radiator/condenser in Aug 08 £467
I mention these only because any car with 100k + miles on the clock is going to be getting to the point of having some major issues if they havn’t been dealt with prior.
 The tyres are all good with plenty of wear left on them including the spare.
I have tried to give as good a description as i can and photographs to help,please do not bid if you are not sure,contact me to come and have a look and test drive if you like.
If you win the auction you must pay by paypal or cash on collection and take the car away within a couple of days please. 

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: 2003 Manual GLS Estate
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2012, 14:54:00 »

If you`re going to sell it on the bay, why post it here ??? ??? ???
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2012, 15:22:01 »

I thought i'd post it here first to see if any here was interested and if not then put it on flee bay later.Just that i'd typed up a description ready to put wherever really.Are you interested then ?

albitz

« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2012, 15:24:48 »

Cant see a price.I am due a visit to specsavers though. :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2012, 16:01:18 »

I thought i'd post it here first to see if any here was interested and if not then put it on flee bay later.Just that i'd typed up a description ready to put wherever really.Are you interested then ?
Nope. Others might be if pics were on and as per forum guidelines, a price.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2012, 16:28:10 »

add a price or this will be deleted sorry.

pics will help too.

we are not an auction site, and links to auctions for your own items are deleted.

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2012, 18:22:46 »

OK i was just thinking to take any sensible offer so as it was one of the last of the 'line' i'd say £800 ish and post pics later when it stops raining.

Tax runs out end of this month and MOT goes to 15th July.Hope that helps for now.

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2012, 18:56:18 »

Forgot to say 109000 miles.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2012, 01:42:07 »

:o :o I don't know who has been repairing your car, but imo they have taken you to the cleaners given the prices you quote..........and I think you price is ambitious for a GLS manual...... :-\ :-\

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2012, 18:34:45 »

OK i was just thinking to take any sensible offer so as it was one of the last of the 'line' i'd say £800 ish and post pics later when it stops raining.

Tax runs out end of this month and MOT goes to 15th July.Hope that helps for now.
So.  Price is £800 then?

As per guidelines, any 'ish' would be down to negotiation face to face but unfortunately, not on the forum.

Guidelines are born out of neccessity and experience of online selling on the forum and not simply there to be a bollockache to sellers.  Much to the surprise of some....   ::)

Thanks for your understoodment......   :y

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2012, 19:07:25 »

OK Thanks. I'll try and post a couple of pics but for me thats a bit of a challenge so here goes..(I'll probably leave it here till Saturday and then go to flee bay).......

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2012, 12:39:36 »

That looks like a very tidy car, and a lot of car for the money. Good luck with the sale :y

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2012, 21:44:57 »

Car now sold so this can be deleted if you like. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.