Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Central locking doors lock when drivers door interior light pin switch is closed  (Read 4554 times)

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • 2003 Omega CD 2.2 dti Est
    • View Profile

Hi. I have a strange fault on my 2003 Vauxhall Omega 2.2 dti estate. The central locking and deadlock system works fine, on the key and by hand. My problem is, that as soon as the drivers door is opened, and the doors are unlocked, the doors and boot centrally lock. This can be annoying when the engine is left running and the doors lock themselves upon leaving the vehicle... My observations are detailed below.

-    The problem seems to not be affected by the central locking, but rather the pin switch for the interior light. You can open the door whilst holding the pin switch closed, but as soon as it is released, the doors lock. Further presses and release of the door pin switch, only switch the interior light on and off. If you unlock the doors by hand via the door button, they stay unlocked until the drivers pin switch is pressed and then lock upon releasing.
-    The malfunction only happens when the vehicle isn't locked. If the vehicle is locked, nothing unusual happens.
-    The problem isnt evident on any other door pin switch.
-    Sometimes the interior light stays on.

Thankyou for reading.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2013, 18:12:51 by andymp »
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile

That is an odd one. :-\

There are 2 things that can cause the central locking to activate other than the remote fob, as far as I can recall, and that's the switch behind the driver's door lock barrel which senses the key turning and a microswitch in the driver's door locking motor that senses the position of the driver's door lock button.

My guess is that one of other of these is reporting to the central locking ECU that the driver's door is locked when it's not. The ECU will respond by locking all the other doors, as if the driver's door has been manually locked. Not sure why the driver's door PIN switch is involved. It could be that the door has to be closed before the locking will operate.

I would check the above two first. It's also worth checking that the wiring from the door into the door post is in good condition. There's a multi-pin connector into the door pillar that you can remove and clean up. Might be worth a try. Failing that, it might be a general problem with the central locking wiring such as a bad chassis ground near the central locking ECU, perhaps?

A look at the system with a tech 2 might help. This will at least tell you if the state of all the inputs from the switches is correct.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

IIRC, someone else had this issue recently :-\

Suggestion was to change the switch on the 'A' post, as the drivers door one switches two circuits, and can do strange things when it starts to play up :y

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile

Hi Guys, Thankyou for your replies. I have today tried swapping the pin switches with very little difference. However, I have noticed that with the door locked, and closed (or the drivers door pin switch pressed) that with the ignition key in the ignition barrel on position 1, there is a feint muffled buzz/beep alarm from near the clutch pedal, similar to the lights on alarm noise, but different. Also the interior light comes on. When unlocked, the noise stops and the interior light goes out?

Scratching my head...

Thankyou in advance.

05omegav6

That will be due to a current leak triggering the key reminder buzzer :-\ how you solve it is for someone brighter to answer :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile

That will be due to a current leak triggering the key reminder buzzer :-\ how you solve it is for someone brighter to answer :'(

Hmm. Might well be worth checking the chassis ground where the alarm/CL ECU ground connects. Not sure where that is, but might be able to follow the wires  from the ECU (behind driver's kick panel)?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile

Yes. I'm thinking a earth fault somewhere. Or maybe a sensor in the door lock motor. I have purveyed a service manual CD which should hopefully give some clues. . . Thankyou guys. I shall post the fix when I get to the bottom of it...
Thanks again

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile

There's a guide to refurbing the lock motors on here. Just strip them down and replace the 2 microswitches.  :y

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90642.0

kevin xf

• Oxford
    • omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile

I've got exactly the same problem with mine.  Ever since the battery was drained and changed......... Buzzer when key in ignition 1 and doors locking once I open drivers door..  :-[

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile

Come to think of it, mine has been since I changed the vehicle battery?

kevin xf

• Oxford
    • omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile

I forgot to mention sometimes the central locking locks when I switch the headlights off .   

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile

I haven't noticed that symptom yet, but the wiring diagram CD has just arrived, so I am tracing the wiring for the interior light.

kevin xf

• Oxford
    • omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile

Good luck.  :y

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile

According to the diagram, there are two wires leading from the drivers door pin switch, a blue, and a grey/white.

The grey/white leads off through the drivers and passenger door pocket lights and back to the interior light time delay relay

The blue one leads off to the interior light delay relay, the window lifts, the anti theft alarm system, the memory, mirror and seat adjustment and the central locking....

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile

Also, ever since the battery was changed, the alarm has played up and i had to disconnect the powersounder under the drivers side scuttle panel?

Hmmm...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.