Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 111   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 149020 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #975 on: 30 August 2023, 13:23:13 »

Talking of DHL deliveries - DHL delivered the Creality doors, they also delivered a parcel with car service parts. Amongst other things, I ordered a single pattern air filter and received 2 genuine ones :).  Makes up for another minor cock-up on the order from that seller ;D
I'm waiting for a DHL delivery at the moment, so you lot have really filled me with hope.  ;D
Don't Handle Logistics
Don't Handle Luggage
Don't Handle Limpio
Don't Handle Lotsofthings  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 30 August 2023, 13:40:45 »

Talking of DHL deliveries - DHL delivered the Creality doors, they also delivered a parcel with car service parts. Amongst other things, I ordered a single pattern air filter and received 2 genuine ones :).  Makes up for another minor cock-up on the order from that seller ;D
I'm waiting for a DHL delivery at the moment, so you lot have really filled me with hope.  ;D
Don't Handle Logistics
Don't Handle Luggage
Don't Handle Limpio
Don't Handle Lotsofthings  :-X

Drop, Hide, Lose

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 30 August 2023, 14:43:10 »

Arrived on time and no damage, well, they were pillows.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 30 August 2023, 18:27:21 »

I rarely have trouble with DHL. Or any other couriers that haven't gone tits up.

My problem is bone idle lazy eBay sellers.  I can only assume that selling an item on egay causes you have have to go to hospital unexpectedly, or from your granny to die again...
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 30 August 2023, 21:38:54 »

As a customer perhaps, but try working there :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 02 September 2023, 10:20:29 »

All couriers make their staff properly work for a living, and I doubt any one is worse than the other.  A mate of mine used to work at Shittylink, and her was always having to deliver 2 man deliveries on his own, and working until late because he hadn't finished delivering stuff.  And all for a pittance.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 02 September 2023, 11:23:25 »

We see all the well known delivery firms round here until 22.00 hours at least most days, must be a hard way to earn a crust personally we've never had any problems with any orders so hats off to them for the work they do.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 02 September 2023, 12:50:57 »

Ordered rear springs for the V70 last Monday notified that they'd been despatched on Tuesday and according to tracker[they're coming by Hermes]they're still showing as despatched,not even to "in Transit" let alone out for delivery! Well they are coming from London >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 02 September 2023, 13:10:26 »

All couriers make their staff properly work for a living, and I doubt any one is worse than the other.  A mate of mine used to work at Shittylink, and her was always having to deliver 2 man deliveries on his own, and working until late because he hadn't finished delivering stuff.  And all for a pittance.
Limited sympathy as there are always alternatives.

Done my time multidropping  for TNT. Good days/bad days but UL 60+ hours a week got tedious.

My two positions at Don't Handle Lots of things were agency roles specific to their aviation functions but for claiming to be the best logistics company in the world, they have a lot to improve on.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 02 September 2023, 15:50:55 »

I've got to change the cat on Deb's Golf.

Why are five of the six manifold flange nuts one size, and the front middle one different? I'll tell you: it's so they can pretend it makes more room to get a socket on it. Which it slightly does, but then there's no straight access to turn it so it still snaps off. The other five will have to do.

With that undone and the clamp beaten off, you have to move the pipe backwards and turn through 180degrees to get it out. Which would be fiddly on a lift, but the ground gets in the way when doing the job in the street. I sorted that by lopping the end off, but have to figure out some way of getting the car higher to fit the new one.

Germans: they shouldn't be allowed to design things without an adult armed with a big stick supervising them

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 03 September 2023, 08:52:57 »

People parking in our flats only car park, one space per flat and there are 2 flats with 2 cars and now 2 more that dont live here. Trouble is they have not marked up designated spaces.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 03 September 2023, 09:29:24 »

Ordered rear springs for the V70 last Monday notified that they'd been despatched on Tuesday and according to tracker[they're coming by Hermes]they're still showing as despatched,not even to "in Transit" let alone out for delivery! Well they are coming from London >:(
Is this egay?  If so, "Dispatched" means they have printed the label (and thus generated the tracking number) via Ebay's label system.  Whilst Herpes tracking is frequently delayed by a few hours, it's not days out.

This is exactly what I see all the time with that crap online tat bazar.  No doubt if you chased them, they suddenly had to go to hospital in an emergency, or their gran died again.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 03 September 2023, 15:21:33 »

Internet passwords. >:(

Youtube

As much as I agree there has to be security on the net, the banking system protecting our cash should obviously be very high.

But after a week of PC issues and yet another install I keep having to resign into sites with my information.

Opti posted a YT link so went to have a nosy, decided to have a nosy round and tried to sign in as one of the vids I went to look at was faded out and required age verificzation.  Date of birth no probs, but wanting photo ID to see a video is going a bit tooooooo far.

These sites are getting too intrusive into our personal information (Makes me wonder what they actually dowith it) :-X

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 03 September 2023, 18:28:26 »

Yes TB it is an e-bay purchase. looked again this morning and the tracker is still showing nothing more than despatched.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 04 September 2023, 17:32:05 »

Internet passwords. >:(

Youtube

As much as I agree there has to be security on the net, the banking system protecting our cash should obviously be very high.

But after a week of PC issues and yet another install I keep having to resign into sites with my information.

Opti posted a YT link so went to have a nosy, decided to have a nosy round and tried to sign in as one of the vids I went to look at was faded out and required age verificzation.  Date of birth no probs, but wanting photo ID to see a video is going a bit tooooooo far.

These sites are getting too intrusive into our personal information (Makes me wonder what they actually dowith it) :-X
I can't watch Faceachebook videos. Because I choose not to have a Faceachebook account.

The only people who have an issue with age verification are kids and people trying to hide something. If you had a YouTube account then you would be able to watch the videos. Pretty groundbreaking as concepts go ::)

I should add that I only ever log into any account from my own devices.
« Last Edit: 04 September 2023, 17:37:21 by Doctor Gollum »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 111   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.