Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Back from Newent  (Read 3247 times)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Back from Newent
« Reply #45 on: 05 September 2011, 18:51:23 »

Cant stop talking about such an enjoyable meet.

Only spoilt by getting stuck behind a very slow caravan when leaving the site  :'(   ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 September 2011, 18:58:09 »

Only spoilt by getting stuck behind a very slow caravan when leaving the site  :'(   ;D ;D ;D

Not all caravans are slow, it took CaptZok till the Thelwall Viaduct to catch me up  ;) ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05 September 2011, 20:32:35 »

My deepest apologies for the late reply - I was lead astray last night, so didn't get on the site  :-[

Mrs TB and I had a fantastic time, from the second we arrived until we left.  We were chatting and laughing about it all the way home, so much so, I missed the turn, and had to go through Cheltenham instead of up Birdlip ;D.

We have to thank many...

Once again, Darth Loo-knee did a flawless task of organising another successful meet, I know its a lot of running around behind the scenes, and not as simple as it looks.

Chef Dent, doing what he does best - drinking and BBQ'ing - assisted by both Dents Jnr

Taxi Driver for taking the 'OOF Widows' into Gloucester shopping, which save a lot of messing around due to the unexpected problems with mine.  Also for the pickled eggs, which according to Mrs TB, made my breath smell of a spring meadow, or something like that ::).  And also for the killer Ribena you were dishing out.  It was moreish, I had to sneak a refill  :-X

Chef DTM and the Widows for putting on breakkie for a huge number of people, sorry I was unable to help Sunday morning, it could have gone either way  :-[

Nurse Melchet, for his home brew, a ploy for me to forget what he did to my car...

But everyone deserves a mention, from the longest standing member such as MDTM to relative newcomers such as BobG and paul.lovejoy, for making the meet, and OOF, what it was/is :y. I am honoured to have made so many friends :y

On a personal note, a special personal thanks to those who helped me with my car over the weekend, Marks DTM Calib, VXL V6, chrisgixer, Darth Loo-knee, Guffers and Kevin Wood :y
Grumpy old man

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 September 2011, 21:24:00 »

must have had winter tyres on :o :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 September 2011, 05:37:20 »

Took you by surprise though, with the acelleration on the slip road leading to the M50, took you a good 1/2 mile to pass me ;) :P
I like red cars

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06 September 2011, 07:05:58 »

Took you by surprise though, with the acelleration on the slip road leading to the M50, took you a good 1/2 mile to pass me ;) :P

Had to join the motorway so slowly, took some time for a gap in the outside lane  :y  bloody pikeys  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

In honesty, ive been behind far worse caravans, and your fuel consumption is no mystery  :y

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06 September 2011, 22:54:15 »

Reading all the threads regarding this meet it was a real good one. Sad I missed it but really looking forward to the next one  :)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

astroblaster

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • 2.6 petrol auto cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07 September 2011, 01:26:56 »

Just like to say a big thank you to everyboby for making it a great weekend once again you made us feel welcome me and the other half had a great time roll on the next one :y

And a special thanx to chris for sorting out my donut bushes she feels like a new car :y
Do it today cause tomorrow it might be Illegal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.