Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Genuine or fake?  (Read 2396 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Genuine or fake?
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2022, 15:40:24 »

I bought a 'Rolex Submariner' for ten quid off a man on the street in Manila a few years ago!  :)

It seemed pretty robust, and lasted about 5 years.  I even wore it when diving.  :y

I imagine  for £10 it was a piss poor copy. :D

I certainly wouldn't spend £60,000 on a watch......£500 high end copy of a £60,000 watch, perhaps. ;)

Yes I'm sure that anyone who knew about these things would have spotted it a mile off.  ;)

I know nothing about expensive watches (or expensive anything come to that!) and bought it for a laugh.  My mate had a collection of broken fake watches that he'd picked up in various Asian flesh pots and was gutted that my 'Rolex' lasted so long!  ;D

Did you buy it off a ladyboy?..... :o :o :o ::)
You seem to have an unhealthy fascination with ladyboys.

They must be everywhere in Barnsley. It's the type of 'Asian fleshpot' town as described by Tigger. :)
You're confusing Barnsley with Bradford  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2022, 16:19:34 »

I bought a 'Rolex Submariner' for ten quid off a man on the street in Manila a few years ago!  :)

It seemed pretty robust, and lasted about 5 years.  I even wore it when diving.  :y

I certainly wouldn't spend £60,000 on a watch......£500 high end copy of a £60,000 watch, perhaps. ;)

Yes I'm sure that anyone who knew about these things would have spotted it a mile off.  ;)

I know nothing about expensive watches (or expensive anything come to that!) and bought it for a laugh.  My mate had a collection of broken fake watches that he'd picked up in various Asian flesh pots and was gutted that my 'Rolex' lasted so long!  ;D

They must be everywhere in Barnsley. It's the type of 'Asian fleshpot' town as described by Tigger. :)
You're confusing Barnsley with Bradford  ;D

When  a group of people gather here it's like a polite rally for the EDL..... ;)

........or Britain in the fifties. ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2022, 17:40:15 »

I was thinking more Bangkok, Manila or Saigon than Barnsley to be honest.  ::)  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 March 2022, 17:47:05 »

I was thinking more Bangkok, Manila or Saigon than Barnsley to be honest.  ::)  :)

Are you suggesting Barnsley can't cut it as a location for Fleshpots? ::) ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2022, 18:04:38 »

I've never been to Barnsley.  Have you?  ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2022, 18:23:30 »

Not that I can remember. It's on my bucket list though, along with Slough. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2022, 18:26:04 »

You should go before you kick that bucket then.  :y    I'm sure Uncle STEMO would be delighted to show you round!  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2022, 18:26:23 »

It's only open from 8:30 to 19:00, so plan your trip carefully  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 March 2022, 18:30:14 »

You should go before you kick that bucket then.  :y    I'm sure Uncle STEMO would be delighted to show you round!  :)

I hear that people are more friendly in the north. I lived and worked in Surrey where people were not friendly at all. Perhaps all bed-wetting shandy drinkers are like that. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 March 2022, 18:45:01 »

He'd better plan his trip soonish before he kicks that bucket. Can't be long now!  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2022, 18:52:40 »

He'd better plan his trip soonish before he kicks that bucket. Can't be long now!  ;D
Not sure his sigmund would make it this far, it's getting on a bit now. Not unlike the man himself  :)
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 March 2022, 20:20:34 »

Not sure his sigmund would make it this far, it's getting on a bit now. Not unlike the man himself  :)

True. Both turning to dust as we speak.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 March 2022, 13:54:43 »

Don't put me in the same age bracket as your elderly uncle. Twenty years between us, at least. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 March 2022, 16:32:30 »

Don't put me in the same age bracket as your elderly uncle. Twenty years between us, at least. :)

For a young chap in his twentyfifties you're awfully touchy about your age M'Lud!  :P   :)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2022, 09:16:13 »

I think any Rolex is assumed to be a fake these days, I treated myself to a Tudor Black bay a couple of years ago and am terrified of wearing it in case it gets scratched
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.