Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Genuine or fake?  (Read 2499 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Genuine or fake?
« on: 10 March 2022, 19:17:09 »

£60,000 or £500.

Top end fakes are pretty good these days.

Interesting video if you're into expensive watches.

https://youtu.be/faTFFSsOJ7o

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Genuine or fake?
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2022, 08:50:46 »

Allthough that watch is high value I wouldnt even go £500 it was a genuine item.  :-\
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2022, 13:07:53 »

Allthough that watch is high value I wouldnt even go £500 it was a genuine item.  :-\

Being poor I make do and mend with a ten quid Casio (complete with a ten year battery guarantee)......still going strong after 5 years on the original battery. :y. It's battered to f*uck but still 'ticking'. ::)

I also have a Pulsar which I rarely wear. Cost about £60

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2022, 13:54:31 »

Always liked watches have two Longines & Tagheure all are worth far more than what I paid for them , was thinking about getting an Omega Seamaster but prices have increased dramatically.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2022, 14:29:02 »

Always liked watches have two Longines & Tagheure all are worth far more than what I paid for them , was thinking about getting an Omega Seamaster but prices have increased dramatically.

Well engineered watches. :y

Never been fond of Rolex though. They have the uncanny knack of making a £10,000 watch appear indistinguishable from a garish ten quid watch bought from a petrol station. :-\

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2022, 15:36:12 »

Well engineered watches. :y

Never been fond of Rolex though. They have the uncanny knack of making a £10,000 watch appear indistinguishable from a garish ten quid watch bought from a petrol station. :-\

A friend of mine years ago won a Rolex for his amount of sales
( Office equipment) it was forever going back to the service center with various faults. I also have a  professional Seiko divers watch which I purchased in 1972 been serviced once & still works perfectly.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2022, 17:01:35 »

£60,000 or £500.

Top end fakes are pretty good these days.

There becomes a point where the price is just ridiculous, regardless of how wealthy you are.   :)

Any fakes of Gucci watches will be a million times better built than the genuine Gucci tat.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2022, 17:53:06 »

I bought a 'Rolex Submariner' for ten quid off a man on the street in Manila a few years ago!  :)

It seemed pretty robust, and lasted about 5 years.  I even wore it when diving.  :y

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2022, 18:31:49 »

I bought a 'Rolex Submariner' for ten quid off a man on the street in Manila a few years ago!  :)

It seemed pretty robust, and lasted about 5 years.  I even wore it when diving.  :y

I imagine  for £10 it was a piss poor copy. :D

I certainly wouldn't spend £60,000 on a watch......£500 high end copy of a £60,000 watch, perhaps. ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2022, 18:44:33 »

I certainly wouldn't spend £60,000 on a watch......£500 high end copy of a £60,000 watch, perhaps. ;)
You'll end up getting hit over the head for you Chinese copy.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2022, 19:08:37 »

Yes I'm sure that anyone who knew about these things would have spotted it a mile off.  ;)

I know nothing about expensive watches (or expensive anything come to that!) and bought it for a laugh.  My mate had a collection of broken fake watches that he'd picked up in various Asian flesh pots and was gutted that my 'Rolex' lasted so long!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2022, 14:32:35 »

Yes I'm sure that anyone who knew about these things would have spotted it a mile off.  ;)

I know nothing about expensive watches (or expensive anything come to that!) and bought it for a laugh.  My mate had a collection of broken fake watches that he'd picked up in various Asian flesh pots and was gutted that my 'Rolex' lasted so long!  ;D

Did you buy it off a ladyboy?..... :o :o :o ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2022, 15:09:13 »

You seem to have an unhealthy fascination with ladyboys.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2022, 15:12:45 »

I have been thinking that for some time Steve ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2022, 15:25:09 »

They must be everywhere in Barnsley. It's the type of 'Asian fleshpot' town as described by Tigger. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.