Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: why does it still hurt so much.  (Read 1878 times)

kris9128

Re: why does it still hurt so much.
« Reply #30 on: 28 July 2008, 21:27:36 »

many thanks to every 1 for your help and advice. it's good to know that there are others out there in the same situation. made the first move today and have contacted cruse so will see where it goes from here. once again, many thanks to every 1.

Good work, really is best to talk.

I found this out the (very) hard way  :y

All the best.

thats my problem. got this thing in my head about it being my problem and why should i burden others with my problems when they have their own. had a major talking session with the missus this weekend and she never knew that mums death had affected me as bad as it has. and we been together for 3 years. she actually had a go at me for not talking to her about it. got to get it sorted tho cos it slowly destroying me.
thanks again for all the kind copmments and encouragement. waiting for cruse to get back to me with details of my local/nearest centre. just hope i can get this sorted and eventually move on. thanks again to everyone,

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 July 2008, 21:29:26 »

many thanks to every 1 for your help and advice. it's good to know that there are others out there in the same situation. made the first move today and have contacted cruse so will see where it goes from here. once again, many thanks to every 1.

All the best.

thats my problem. got this thing in my head about it being my problem and why should i burden others with my problems when they have their own. had a major talking session with the missus this weekend and she never knew that mums death had affected me as bad as it has. and we been together for 3 years. she actually had a go at me for not talking to her about it. got to get it sorted tho cos it slowly destroying me.
thanks again for all the kind copmments and encouragement. waiting for cruse to get back to me with details of my local/nearest centre. just hope i can get this sorted and eventually move on. thanks again to everyone,

You dont know how similar that sounds!

kris9128

« Reply #32 on: 28 July 2008, 21:35:10 »

All the best.

according to the missus it a STUPID MAN THING.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 July 2008, 21:36:54 »

All the best.

according to my (female) doctor, it is a very normal male thing to do!
Still wrong though, goes against the grain to talk and open up, but it has been such a big help doing so.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 July 2008, 21:37:30 »

All the best.

She is right, but we are all guilty at times...................

HolyCount

« Reply #35 on: 28 July 2008, 21:38:06 »

All the best.

Speaking as a stupid man ... she's probably right !!!!  My missus always manages to catch me out when I am teary  ( the number of things I have had stuck in my eye is unbelievable!!)

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 July 2008, 21:45:33 »

Speaking as the wife of a 'stupid man' things got so much easier when james opened up and talked to me. not knowing how he was feeling and just what emotions were eating away at him made me feel completely useless and a failure as a wife. TBH it nearly wrecked our relationship.

Well done Kris for getting some help and best wishes to you and your family, hope things get better for you.
Been there, fallen over it!

Bandit127

« Reply #37 on: 28 July 2008, 21:54:37 »

Good luck Kris.

A simple fact here is that nobody deserves to feel like you have for that long. You deserve better and you have my sincere best wishes for the journey to getting it.

Once again, good luck. Keep us posted if you can.

Jim

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 July 2008, 21:58:21 »

I can only echo the sentiments of support which have been posted previously... Talking feels alien to us men but, from experience, it is by far the best thing you can do.

Good luck in sorting yourself out and feel free to use us all here as any form of relief you need. Even if it's just a rant you need, we'll be here to listen.  :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.