Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 20:09:29 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
Dare I say I prefer the originals, more subtle

They look like something you would find on the arse end of something that won't rev past 5000RPM and belches out thick black smoke. :)

on: Today at 18:57:38 
Started by Varche - Last post by countrywoman
One of them days, nearly ran out of welding wire, ran out of filler and then the battery was flat in my angle gauge. Gave up and went home.

on: Today at 18:38:18 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
Checked both cars over and started them up for the first time after having both my hips resurfaced five weeks ago today.  :)

The V70 started first time, but the Mondeo's battery was flat and as I didn't think was a good idea to go hauling batteries out of cars at the moment while on crutches, I jump started it off the V70 and left it running on the drive for half an hour or so. It took a bit of cranking to get it started though.  :-\

Anyway, it should have put enough charge into battery to get it going next week when I can officially drive again.  :y

on: Today at 17:52:42 
Started by DrAndyB - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
I fitted a pair of ECP Brembos to my Omega a few years ago. The inner faces corroded a lot faster than any other discs Ive ever had on an Omega.

on: Today at 17:51:04 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
The rest of the car isnt exactly subtle though.  :)

on: Today at 17:33:00 
Started by Jan Suhr - Last post by Jan Suhr
Ign on should be enough.

Are you getting power on the ODBII port with ign off?  Should have perm 12v supply to it.

Yes it gets power when everything is off, but the reader needs ignition on to connect and link to the car.

Everything looks OK with IGN on until I want to read codes or erase codes then it says it can't link to vehicle.

Same problem had the guy at the inspection.

Just before the inspection I got connected with engine running to see if there was any codes that could cause a notification at the inspection. And it works as expected then.

I'll check on my other 2.6 Omega and see how it behaves.

on: Today at 17:24:12 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by dave the builder
Most vehicles have stalks either side of the steering wheel to operate various lights and indicators
these stalks almost always* are strong enough to support the weight of a magic tree air freshener  ;)
thus negating the need to block the view through the windscreen .

*hanging actual fill size trees from the stalks may cause problems and may invalidate any warranty  :P

on: Today at 17:03:49 
Started by Varche - Last post by TheBoy
I used to frequent an ex BT van in a similar state ;D
Mine? ;D

When I used to do a real job, my van must have stank of chip shops and pie shops....    ....and the morning after last nights ruby Murray....
I hope they never put you on subs maintenance 😳
I spent about 3 years doing subs mtce before they tried multi skilling us all to cover everything, completely ruining what was a half decent job....    .....so I moved on.

on: Today at 17:00:27 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by TheBoy
One is not amused....

on: Today at 16:57:06 
Started by Migalot - Last post by TheBoy
It's filled with PAS fluid, so can obviously leak.  I'm sure seals could be replaced, but the factory workshop manual would say replace steering box.

Loads of Omega spares about, so shove on a known good one, once you've checked it is coming from the box.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.