Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3074637 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22140 on: 28 April 2021, 17:20:25 »

At least the foreigners use snow foam before attacking it en masse.  ;D
I see you live in a posh area ;D.

A bucket and a gritty sponge is what we get ;D
Grumpy old man

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #22141 on: 01 May 2021, 01:32:12 »

Down at my FIL`s place in Southsea Friday afternoon fitting a new alternator to his very original GSI Cav  :y at about 3.30 pm fog horns started blasting across the city & summat low & fast flew over the top. After we walked across the common we were just in time see the new carrier  8) making her way down the solent & being fussed about by her tugs. No aircraft visible on deck I guess they`ll join her at sea

« Last Edit: 01 May 2021, 01:38:50 by 78bex »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22142 on: 01 May 2021, 07:39:48 »

Towed the caravan back from Battle after a few days away, nice relaxing drive back in the Range Rover 21mpg not bad.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

woolley11

• Intermediate Member
  • York
    • 3.0 MV6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22143 on: 03 May 2021, 08:51:59 »

Well yesterday actually.

Two of the instrument panel bulbs on my Pfl MV6 heater/fan display were out - so I undertook the mammoth task of stripping everything out to get to 5 x 1.2w bulbs costing no more than £10. Replaced them all whilst in there.

Stereo out, ashtray out, all “push in” buttons out, plug in wiring out. Then struggling with that daft handle that’s pretty near on impossible to pull down to release the instrument cluster.

Anyways all back together now and lit up 😊
Omega 3.0 MV6 pfl
BMW Alpina B10 3.3 Touring
VW Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign, Triumph Dolomite Sprint

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22144 on: 03 May 2021, 08:56:00 »

Well yesterday actually.

Two of the instrument panel bulbs on my Pfl MV6 heater/fan display were out - so I undertook the mammoth task of stripping everything out to get to 5 x 1.2w bulbs costing no more than £10. Replaced them all whilst in there.

Stereo out, ashtray out, all “push in” buttons out, plug in wiring out. Then struggling with that daft handle that’s pretty near on impossible to pull down to release the instrument cluster.

Anyways all back together now and lit up 😊

A very satisfying feeling having the instrument panel illuminated correctly , had to do the same on one of my vehicles a few years ago.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22145 on: 03 May 2021, 09:21:28 »

I found fitting 2 long cable ties on the metal T bar release the first time I had to remove things aided future maintenance.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22146 on: 03 May 2021, 09:26:09 »

I found fitting 2 long cable ties on the metal T bar release the first time I had to remove things aided future maintenance.

Cable ties & WD-40 two of the greatest inventions in my opinion .😁

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22147 on: 03 May 2021, 11:26:48 »

Almost given up on the French contraption now. Every time a fix an oil leak a new one appears.
This suggests excessive crankcase pressure, normally caused by worn or stuck rings apparently.
Ive tipped a little ATF into each cylinder and left it to soak in overnight, as apparently this can free up stuck rings.
If that doesnt work, it will probably be on ebay for "spears or rapiers".  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22148 on: 03 May 2021, 13:14:50 »

Almost given up on the French contraption now. Every time a fix an oil leak a new one appears.
This suggests excessive crankcase pressure, normally caused by worn or stuck rings apparently.
Ive tipped a little ATF into each cylinder and left it to soak in overnight, as apparently this can free up stuck rings.
If that doesnt work, it will probably be on ebay for "spears or rapiers".  ::)
PCV valve ? breathers clear ?
or you could vent it to a catch can and see how that goes for a month  :-\

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22149 on: 03 May 2021, 13:39:00 »

Check all the exhaust system is clear as it’s had a lot of oil and crap in it from the broken turbo
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22150 on: 03 May 2021, 15:05:18 »

Ive dismantled the PCV valve and cleaned and checked it. Al there is inside is a rubber diaphragm and a spring, which were both fine.
Breathers cleaned, although they werent blocked. but a bit dirty.
After soaking the cylinders in ATF last night it pumped lots of blue smoke out the exhaust this morning as it burnt it off. Im pretty sure the exhaust is all clear.
ATF soak could have freed up stuck rings, but I will have to fix the latest leak before I find out.
Using a catch tank (if it works) is a last resort option, which I will go with if I cant fix the problem.
I could run it like that until MOT time at the end of the year.
I did run it with the dipstick lifted an inch or so yesterday in the hope that might prevent another leak appearing, but one appeared anyway.
Not completely convinced that excess crankcase pressure is the problem, but at the same time, struggling to come up with an alternative answer.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22151 on: 03 May 2021, 15:39:08 »

Ive dismantled the PCV valve and cleaned and checked it. Al there is inside is a rubber diaphragm and a spring, which were both fine.
After soaking the cylinders in ATF last night it pumped lots of blue smoke out the exhaust this morning as it burnt it off. Im pretty sure the exhaust is all clear.
ATF soak could have freed up stuck rings, but I will have to fix the latest leak before I find out.
Using a catch tank (if it works) is a last resort option, which I will go with if I cant fix the problem.
I did run it with the dipstick lifted an inch or so yesterday in the hope that might prevent another leak appearing, but one appeared anyway.
Not completely convinced that excess crankcase pressure is the problem, but at the same time, struggling to come up with an alternative answer.
We know what the problem is, Albs, but you bought it anyway  ;D
Diesel till I die

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22152 on: 03 May 2021, 16:55:20 »

Attempted to top up wiper fluid but snapped the bonnet release lever >:(

Replacement ordered but car now bings as thinks it is open. Grrrrrrr

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22153 on: 03 May 2021, 17:04:18 »

At least my lifelong prejudice has been proved to be correct, which is some comfort.  ;D
My moment of misjudgement in buying the lump of French shite, will have to be put down to experiance and not repeated.  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22154 on: 03 May 2021, 17:34:05 »

At least my lifelong prejudice has been proved to be correct, which is some comfort.  ;D
My moment of misjudgement in buying the lump of French shite, will have to be put down to experiance and not repeated.  ::)
Are you 'H'?  :-\
Diesel till I die

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.