Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Inappropriate  (Read 1666 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Inappropriate
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2008, 20:52:00 »

Dunno about your current place of employ but, at my last (you know where) there was no such a thing as 'private' drawers' or lockers.  It was all the property of the firm and there were duplicate/master keys held centrally.

Also, if something was known to be locked away and was needed as a matter of extreme urgency (notebook or similar) then the drawer/locker was simply forced.

I would confirm via contract or terms of employment what the standpoint is and if unclear, report a theft/break in/OLP to your line amnager and consider their reaction.

Well, in my civvy job... everyone has a personal set of draws, and holds the keys as such. No centrally held keys.

I will chat with my boss first, but I really cannot believe she wouldn't email me and at least let me know it happened, it's not like her  :-/

Personally if i had had summat locked away in a draw at work...and i wasnt in the office...and they needed it....i would expect a phone call asking me....if i could come and open it.....and if i wasnt in a position too....then asked if i minded if it got opened by force...to retrieve to item.....maybe me....but i think that would be polite way of dealing with it???  :-/

Absolutely - and in which instance, I would have immediately agreed, if I knew their purpose for wanting entry...

I don't have full facts so I can't condemn anyone yet, but, this smells of colleagues rather than theft, if you ask me...

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2008, 21:27:06 »

I am really starting to get upset with the way I'm being treated at work.

I am constantly undermined by my boss, since she has a new "favourite", whom appears to omit sunshine from his rear regions, despite the fact that he is a spiteful, foul mouthed b@stard.

This person has already manufactured grounds for a disciplinary against an employee who was VERY slightly underperforming (not all through fault of his own) by turning every little thing into a really big scecnario, accusing him of sabotage, and writing to HR about it.

Yet - I regularly hear him threatening (behind people's backs) to stand on people's necks, and bully them out of the door.

I know this guy doesn't like me either, and I am convinced there is constructive bullying going on where I work.

If I wasn't so determined not to let it get me down, I could have easily shed some tears earlier today...

I NEED a new job, there is just nothing about, locally. I'm considering a move of some distance, where an opportunity may possibly await me, but, it would mess up a few of my local commitments, so I'm unsure at this stage.  :'(

Leomas

• Intermediate Member
  • Boyne Valley (on loan)
  • Ooops what did I break this time?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 December 2008, 21:38:39 »

James...PM sent
Recently 'learned up' and being more careful now, honestly.
Ummm except for where I fix one thing and break something else

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #18 on: 01 December 2008, 21:46:52 »

I am really starting to get upset with the way I'm being treated at work.

I am constantly undermined by my boss, since she has a new "favourite", whom appears to omit sunshine from his rear regions, despite the fact that he is a spiteful, foul mouthed b@stard.

This person has already manufactured grounds for a disciplinary against an employee who was VERY slightly underperforming (not all through fault of his own) by turning every little thing into a really big scecnario, accusing him of sabotage, and writing to HR about it.

Yet - I regularly hear him threatening (behind people's backs) to stand on people's necks, and bully them out of the door.

I know this guy doesn't like me either, and I am convinced there is constructive bullying going on where I work.

If I wasn't so determined not to let it get me down, I could have easily shed some tears earlier today...

I NEED a new job, there is just nothing about, locally. I'm considering a move of some distance, where an opportunity may possibly await me, but, it would mess up a few of my local commitments, so I'm unsure at this stage.  :'(

James,

if your senses tell you the horizon is cloudy than get ready..

Make your plans and if become necessary change them..

but before try solving your current problems directly vertical.. ASAP

« Last Edit: 01 December 2008, 21:49:10 by cem_devecioglu »

SteveMJ

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 December 2008, 21:54:19 »

You seem to be implying that this may be building up to a dismissal. - unfairly possibly.  Note (and photograph) the situation and other events that may be relavent in case you need this information in the future.

Even though I think this has been said above: In one of my recent work sites the attitude was that there was no personal information - all was liable to inspection.  I was not convinced of that was legitimate, but it was never needed to be tested.

Good luck Steve
« Last Edit: 01 December 2008, 21:54:58 by SteveMJ »
Steve

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 December 2008, 21:56:16 »

You seem to be implying that this may be building up to a dismissal. - unfairly possibly.  Note (and photograph) the situation and other events that may be relavent in case you need this information in the future.

Even though I think this has been said above: In one of my recent work sites the attitude was that there was no personal information - all was liable to inspection.  I was not convinced of that was legitimate, but it was never needed to be tested.

Good luck Steve

I don't think it's leading to a dismissal. I just think it's a case of duff management to be honest.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 December 2008, 22:09:33 »

<snip>

Not too soon I hope !!!

Seriously ... My old man always said to me ... "don't throw a job away until you have one to go to" ... so make sure you plan everything before you burn your boats ......  

A few days of careful thought/planning may prevent several weeks of anguish .. :y :y :y

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 December 2008, 22:14:37 »

My first thought would be to discuss it with your boss and see who & why it was opened in the first place.

If there was a good reason, you can then explain that you had personal effects in there and you would have expected a call out of courtesy if nothing else.

If she didn't sanction it, then she needs to investigate who did it and why and take appropriate action.  If it's the snake in the grass then she may see him in a new light.

Don't lose sleep over it until you know the facts, then take action.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

albitz

« Reply #23 on: 01 December 2008, 22:19:55 »

Start to keep a diary of events,if this heads in a bullying direction,it will be invaluable further down the road.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 December 2008, 22:21:43 »

I am a little confused by this. I work in an office and everything has to be locked away at night, I have filing cabinets and a personal set of drawers, but all keys go in the key safe at night.  :)

If I or anyone was not in the office access may legitimately be needed to access files or other information but the keys are available. My personal drawers are mine, I have my bit and bobs in there but also some work stuff, an example being mostly my diary, again the key is available in necessary.

I don’t see how any filing cabinet or drawers, in a public organisation can be purely private,  :-/ without a duplicate key available for legitimate access.

When I went off sick a few months ago my colleagues kindly ate all my supply of chocolate bars and biscuits, they did tell me after the event, said they did not want them to go out of date.  ::) ::) ::)

When I returned to work my middle drawer was full of goodies. :y

Seems to me that there are some difficult office politics going on,  James I would find out why before jumping to conclusions, if there was work stuff in there someone may have had a good reason for breaking in.  :)    

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 December 2008, 22:22:27 »

Just my thoughts:
- If you smell sabotage they will say they thought something important was in the drawer and they needed urgent access and you were not contactable
- Look for another job (not easy I know) but keep everything sweet whilst at this one
- Don't burn your bridges even if you feel you will never need the company again. It is always best to part as amicably as possible
- I know you are sharing your experiences with us but please do not let everyones opinions cloud your judgement
- deep down i think you know what to do

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 December 2008, 22:38:59 »

Don't worry I'm not leaving without anywhere to go ;)

I just think that something really underhand is at play here... it's been afoot for a while .

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 December 2008, 22:46:48 »

I have been lucky, I have worked for the same employer for 9 years in different teams and roles and never had any such problems, I can’t even imagine what it must be like to not feel supported by your manager and colleagues.  :(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 December 2008, 23:01:51 »

I have been lucky, I have worked for the same employer for 9 years in different teams and roles and never had any such problems, I can’t even imagine what it must be like to not feel supported by your manager and colleagues.  :(

Lonely... isolated... and not easy to leave it behind at 5pm  :-[

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 01 December 2008, 23:11:02 »

You need to get proof about nobend and get him fired before he does any more harm
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.