Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157456 times)

STMO123

Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #615 on: 29 May 2012, 19:13:25 »

U still alive u old beggar ;D ;D

....and kicking mate :y

Have missed u so much, but just have'nt had the time lately, u still using the k-y gel ::)

Yes. I'm still in the 'clique'. ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 29 May 2012, 20:33:35 »

U still alive u old beggar ;D ;D

....and kicking mate :y

Have missed u so much, but just have'nt had the time lately, u still using the k-y gel ::)

Yes. I'm still in the 'clique'. ;D

But apparantley you upset Albs recently for changing from k to y gel, at least thats what a pm from vamps and broocie indicates :-\

sandune

• Omega Baron
  • Essex Southend
    • 2.6 Omega Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 30 May 2012, 09:12:41 »

Having read through the posts relating to the subject,most members would prefer the forum to be to be where they find answers to omega problems,but the forum has been evolving into a more social network that allows us to let off our frustrations of the day whether it with cars or the weather.
So IMHO there is no need to instigate any changes the system caters for that. ::) ???

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 08 June 2012, 09:53:42 »

copied to more appropriate thread from www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103914.0

I would have loved to be there but I am still thinking and can't get past what has happened to the forum over the past few months. What happened should have been nipped in the bud. It wasn't and someone was punished and forced into 'resigning' which would have been a great loss to many of us who rely on him and his great skill,  knowledge and willingness to help. It was needless and probably due to the sheer spite of one member in particular who thankfully is no longer present. I faced the same vitriol from the same corner at an earlier point in time so speak from experience.
If I get banned for these comments it will only serve to prove that my thoughts are correct.
Maybe next time the 'court' will be an open one and the members allowed to decide because it is after all..........our club.
hey Bionic...

Not resurrecting your 'other' account to add weight to your arguments again?

Yes, Ive not forgotten your bullying tactics.

Our club?  No.  You will find its the Admin Team's club, and everyone else are guests.

For the record, as far as I am aware, everything has been dealt with and all have moved on, and only 1 person was forced into anything.  She is no longer here.  Raking this up at any opportunity is not helpful at all.

I am posting this openly and not as a PM because I feel that the comments made in the response to my post were unjustified.
Nothing was 'raked' up to be nasty or malicious, it was my personal honest and fair comment on how I feel about attending the meet and my reasons for that feeling. I expected a response in the same vein as mine, a fair one.
The response to the post has only served to prove that my feelings are justified. Strange though how the bit about my wife was raked up too. She quit because of the responses to me being on the receiving end of bullying too by that same person who it appears possibly had a protected position until the actions became far too out of control and caused the uproar that then began. Why were those comments not seen before the posts were posted? Same situation as me possibly because I too was unaware of what my wife had posted in a vain attempt to support me until I read it later and had I seen it prior to its posting I would have stopped it being posted.
Surely some of the main qualities expected in a moderator would be those of diplomacy, impartiality and also fairness for everyone regardless of their standing? 

I also find it a little suspicious you are using this as an excuse not to attend the lakes when you have been a member for 5 years and have never shown any interest in any meets until this point.

So, you believe it is ok for you to rake things up about a past member, but I am not allowed to do the same. (FYI I have reread the thread in which you (and your alleged wife) launched a joint unprovoked attack at her when she was just bantering with STMO as they often did.

Ljay is no longer here to defend herself, so I will do it for her when I feel it is necessary, as I do in this case as I feel you are being deliberately malicious and never had any intention of attending, and you have just jumped on a bandwagon to try and spread more bad feeling again.

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 08 June 2012, 18:16:03 »

Quote from: Jimbob on Yesterday at 08:01:08

hey Bionic...

Our club?  No.  You will find its the Admin Team's club, and everyone else are guests.

For the record, as far as I am aware, everything has been dealt with and all have moved on, and only 1 person was forced into anything.  She is no longer here.  Raking this up at any opportunity is not helpful at all.

jimbob   i must disagree with the comment you made about whos club /forum it is.
yes the mods and admin may run things but its for the members,no members there would be  no need for mods or admin!!!!!! so please remember the members are members guests just show as guests have a look at whos online thought you would have known that being Boss mod and all
what was that ??????

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #620 on: 08 June 2012, 19:43:14 »

Quote from: Jimbob on Yesterday at 08:01:08

hey Bionic...

jimbob   i must disagree with the comment you made about whos club /forum it is.
yes the mods and admin may run things but its for the members,no members there would be  no need for mods or admin!!!!!! so please remember the members are members guests just show as guests have a look at whos online thought you would have known that being Boss mod and all

Agreed - suprised Jimbob, as a moderator, you would say that.  Guess your attitude explains a lot  ??? ??? :(
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 08 June 2012, 19:54:42 »

to clarify....I dont count myself as admin team, but a helper :y
point being a club takes a lot of running, resources and staff to do it.
ie, the admin team (4 members), who fund it, make all the decisions, decide software, hardware, hosting, mods, helpers, etc
in my opinion, it is their club, of which we are all welcome guests.  Their club, their rules, their decisions.
in a way, yes it is everybodys club, as we are all members, but it does have 'owners'

not quiet sure what is being insinuated tbh.
« Last Edit: 08 June 2012, 19:58:13 by Jimbob »

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 08 June 2012, 20:44:32 »

Jimbob
Global Moderator

Chester / Flintshire

Third nipple removal completed succesfuly
52 MV6 Estate

you are as it says a" Global Moderator" how can you say you are "just a helper" is it not true you have the power to move posts moderate and also ban "members"??

a helper does not have all these powers.

as to your comment quote:not quite sure what is being insinuated tbh un quote

think you should take a step back and read what you have writen in response to other posts ,  and then tell me what you would think if any of the posts you have writtern had been directed at you....... dont bother answering that you would have hit the ban button as your just helping out,sounds very much like do as i say dont do as i do.not botherd what has happend in the past as you will see if you bother to read what i have said on ljay subject (i said reinstate her and warning on feature behveure)as i would with any member who sent abusive mesages not going to get in a slaging match over thats past now but tbh jimbob as i said above think you should take a step
back and look at how you come across to people
TB  can you let us all know as you are the daddy is it a club or forum as very different animals
« Last Edit: 08 June 2012, 20:46:32 by trainmanone »
what was that ??????

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 08 June 2012, 20:48:25 »

Jimbob
Global Moderator

Chester / Flintshire

Third nipple removal completed succesfuly
52 MV6 Estate

you are as it says a" Global Moderator" how can you say you are "just a helper" is it not true you have the power to move posts moderate and also ban "members"??

a helper does not have all these powers.

as to your comment quote:not quite sure what is being insinuated tbh un quote

think you should take a step back and read what you have writen in response to other posts ,  and then tell me what you would think if any of the posts you have writtern had been directed at you....... dont bother answering that you would have hit the ban button as your just helping out,sounds very much like do as i say dont do as i do.not botherd what has happend in the past as you will see if you bother to read what i have said on ljay subject (i said reinstate her and warning on feature behveure)as i would with any member who sent abusive mesages not going to get in a slaging match over thats past now but tbh jimbob as i said above think you should take a step
back and look at how you come across to people
TB  can you let us all know as you are the daddy is it a club or forum as very different animals
Omega Owners Forum Self-explanatory ???
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 08 June 2012, 20:49:58 »

yep thats what i thought  :y

not an old boys club
what was that ??????

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 08 June 2012, 21:05:57 »

to clarify....I dont count myself as admin team, but a helper :y
point being a club takes a lot of running, resources and staff to do it.
ie, the admin team (4 members), who fund it, make all the decisions, decide software, hardware, hosting, mods, helpers, etc
in my opinion, it is their club, of which we are all welcome guests.  Their club, their rules, their decisions.
in a way, yes it is everybodys club, as we are all members, but it does have 'owners'

not quiet sure what is being insinuated tbh.

Yes, I would agree with you there James.

In my view this Forum has been raised, funded and maintained by the Administrators - whether or not all were present at its geneses is irrelevant, but the four people presently occupying the position of Administrator have complete control over how when and why this Forum operates.

The people who decide to become members are, providing they supply certain information for verification purposes and agree to behave within the (very generous) framework of rules, granted the privilege of being able to post and to reply to topics and contact one another by means of private message - nothing more.

Guests have merely have ability to read the information posted and avail themselves of a free database of information concerning the maintenance of Omega vehicles and many other things unconnected with road vehicles.

Of course the success of this Forum results from the diverse nature of the membership and I think that fact has made it a resounding success so, in essence, the core of this forum lies within the membership, the moderators, the technical contributors and the posters of the weird and wonderful but, insofar as executive decisions are concerned, the only people who have the ability to generate strategic change are, in my view, the Administrators - in effect the owners.

From a personal perspective I am very glad that the Administrators take the time to provide the framework that keeps this Forum alive and of so much relevance to so many people.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 08 June 2012, 21:15:13 »

One more thought for those who want take a pop at James - he is giving his time to help moderate this Forum (as is Kevin Wood), a task many would not be bothered with: In doing so both he - and Kevin – have my wholehearted support and thanks.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 08 June 2012, 21:38:27 »

re-reading through the 600+ posts in this thread, and the odd post that pops up in other threads, I am rapidly coming to several conclusions .. none of which are particularly palatable ...

1) There is a small core of "members" who appear to want the forum to fail, and will stir the pot by deliberately taking offence and causing animosity

2) There is a small core of "members" who are anti-JB - for whatever reasons - and will keep raising this matter in the hope of either provoking him to leave or the Admin staff remove him (IMHO hell should freeze over before either happens)

3) There is a small core of "members" with the mistaken belief that they are more important than anyone else

Now, if those 3 "small cores" are the same people or not, I don't know (or care), what I do see, is that, in virtually every case, at some point in the past they have tried to get their own way and failed.... and have never gotten over it.

With 11000+ members I, for one, am exceedingly glad this is NOT a democracy, as given some of the views expressed at times it would degenerate to rubbish in days.

Thank you to the Admin Team, and the Mods, for all you do for the rest of us  :y :y
« Last Edit: 08 June 2012, 21:45:16 by Entwood »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #628 on: 08 June 2012, 21:40:19 »

all agreed Den..   :y

honestly speaking, I cant clarify the intention of opening the old debate and attacking an old member and/or a mod whose spending a lot of time for the forum..  what has happened, has happened and we cant reverse things..but fuelling an old fire, sure wont bring any relief imo..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 08 June 2012, 22:13:20 »

Incorrect ;)

Anyone on the "2 rings" of the Admin Team will confirm its a 100% democracy within the teams. Some decisions are taken purely within the Administrator "ring", some decisions are taken within the Admin Team.

Believe me, I certainly do not have any extra rights/priviledges/standing than the other 3 Administrators. Nor would I want to have.

As to who 'owns' OOF, IMHO (ie, my PERSONAL VIEW) is:
Technically, its owned by the 4 Administrators. They are listed as the owners of the NPO, and have defined roles (even though we cross cover each other in reality). We have the ultimate say on things, and are responsible for it.
However, this is everyone's forum. Outside of dealing with people who won't play with the rules, and making behind the scenes decisions on the running of the club, financials etc etc, the Admin Team (Admins and GMods) are the same as everyone else.  And that includes allowing the Admins/GMods to have their own opinion on subjects.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.