Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dad in hospital.  (Read 1381 times)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Dad in hospital.
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2010, 00:32:38 »

Give him our best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2010, 07:08:17 »

All the best mate  :y

Welung666

« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2010, 07:50:50 »

I'm glad he's OK Guy, keep your chins up ;) :P :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2010, 08:11:49 »

It's only natural to worry Guy but I'm sure that things will go well. :y

My best regards to your father (and mother).

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 November 2010, 08:16:31 »

sounds like he'll be fine but as you say it makes you think about the inevitable, my father only tells me once he's out of the hospital about his problems, enjoy your Chrimbo with your family and i always think drink in the good times whilst you have them as you never know which curve ball life is going to pitch to you next.
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2010, 09:37:44 »

Thankfully only routine for varicose vein removal. Mum did'nt tell me till yesterday. Dad's in his 80's. Still sharp, drives etc. but it's a worry. Just thinking i'd phone Mum & ask after him when she phoned me. Never been so scared, i was terrified  but she only phoned to say he's out from the op, chipper as ever & loving the nurses! They have private health care & friends from across the lane are collecting him from Chichester tomorrow. Apperently he can't wait to get back to his chair & have a cocktail & a cigar!!! I remember as a 14 year old he'd wrestle a bull to feed it some concoction that looked like porridge out of a bottle, (he was a vet) so to see him so frail now is worrying to say the least. I can't wait to see them over chrimbo.
    Sorry to go on but i worry every phone call will be the dreaded one.

Sounds like a tough old boy Guy... He'll be fine :y :y

When you going to be "Darn Saaf" over Crimbo? We'll be between Shoreham and Brighton after driving across from Portsmouth :y :y
Hi Paul, just pulled myself together.. So are you in Hove or Portslade then? Hoping for a couple of days between chrimbo & new year. Limited hols left due to hernia op in feb. but i'll go either way, alot can happen in another year & i'd like to see my son Scott (25 now!!) as well Plus some friends of mine run the Hampden Arms in Sth heighton (Nr. Newhaven) & i can stay over so alot to cram in!!!!...GASP! 8-)

We'll be in Southwick... Should be travelling over from Portsmouth on Christmas Eve and heading home on Boxing Day, possibly the morning of the 27th because I'm on nights on the 27th

Think I've got your mobile number somewhere, although that's not much help is it? ::) ::) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 17 November 2010, 09:38:36 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2010, 11:56:55 »

Hope all goes well...sure things will be fine  :y :y. best wises to your dad :y
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 November 2010, 12:33:19 »

Hope everything goes smoothly, Guy. Sounds like There's nothing to worry about. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 November 2010, 17:00:04 »

I'm really glad your dad is ok Guy, push the maudlin stuff to the back of your mind mate. Take & enjoy every day as it comes. :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 November 2010, 17:51:49 »

nice to hear hes ok guy, my dad is the same, not the shadow of the huge man he used to be and it is sad seeing them decline like that. as long as they are happy so should you be. :y

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 November 2010, 23:37:06 »

Thankfully only routine for varicose vein removal. Mum did'nt tell me till yesterday. Dad's in his 80's. Still sharp, drives etc. but it's a worry. Just thinking i'd phone Mum & ask after him when she phoned me. Never been so scared, i was terrified  but she only phoned to say he's out from the op, chipper as ever & loving the nurses! They have private health care & friends from across the lane are collecting him from Chichester tomorrow. Apperently he can't wait to get back to his chair & have a cocktail & a cigar!!! I remember as a 14 year old he'd wrestle a bull to feed it some concoction that looked like porridge out of a bottle, (he was a vet) so to see him so frail now is worrying to say the least. I can't wait to see them over chrimbo.
    Sorry to go on but i worry every phone call will be the dreaded one.

Sounds like a tough old boy Guy... He'll be fine :y :y

When you going to be "Darn Saaf" over Crimbo? We'll be between Shoreham and Brighton after driving across from Portsmouth :y :y
Hi Paul, just pulled myself together.. So are you in Hove or Portslade then? Hoping for a couple of days between chrimbo & new year. Limited hols left due to hernia op in feb. but i'll go either way, alot can happen in another year & i'd like to see my son Scott (25 now!!) as well Plus some friends of mine run the Hampden Arms in Sth heighton (Nr. Newhaven) & i can stay over so alot to cram in!!!!...GASP! 8-)

We'll be in Southwick... Should be travelling over from Portsmouth on Christmas Eve and heading home on Boxing Day, possibly the morning of the 27th because I'm on nights on the 27th

Think I've got your mobile number somewhere, although that's not much help is it? ::) ::) ;D ;D
Hi Paul. I was close with Hove/Portslade then!! My folks love meeting my friends. If the dates match you & Emma could pop in for lunch on your way home. I'll pm you over the weekend. Guy. XX (For Emma)!!! :y
Curry makes the world go round!

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 November 2010, 23:45:46 »

Thanks to you all for your kind comments. I was a bit teary lastnight, not too proud to admit it.
   I've made some good friends here over the years. Some i've met, some i hav'nt, some i've argued with but it's good to know despite everything you're all here when it counts. Guy. :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 November 2010, 23:51:43 »

we can all have our moments guy, i worry about my 80+ year old parents. not nice seeing them getting older at all, & when they are 120 odd miles away is even worse. hope your dads ok mate. best wishes n all.
jon.  :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 November 2010, 00:58:35 »

Thanks to you all for your kind comments. I was a bit teary lastnight, not too proud to admit it.
   I've made some good friends here over the years. Some i've met, some i hav'nt, some i've argued with but it's good to know despite everything you're all here when it counts. Guy. :y

Guy, here if needed......... :y

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 November 2010, 22:50:03 »

Ok. Time to draw this to close. The old boy is home & the old girl is looking after him...i feel so much better as they are 250 miles away. Thanks again to ALL of your for your support, i'd do the same for you.
    Paul & Emma, you are invited for a journey break on the 27th if it all ties in. I've lost your no. too but we'll sort things over the weekend as promised. Guy. :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.