Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: omega 16v auto gearbox problem can anyone help????  (Read 454 times)

keithymac1

• View Profile
omega 16v auto gearbox problem can anyone help????
« on: 27 February 2011, 12:50:08 »

ive got a problem the gear selection indicator lights all come on when in drive. sometimes when in 3rd to. then they all go off when i park up. in drive it seems to be in limp mode but in 3rd the gears change perfectly. i havent checked the gear box oil as i dont know how to. the gear stick seems wobbly. the computer is saying check oil levels but it doesnt come up with a gearbox problem. can anyone help????

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: omega 16v auto gearbox problem can anyone help????
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2011, 12:59:43 »

ive got a problem the gear selection indicator lights all come on when in drive. sometimes when in 3rd to. then they all go off when i park up. in drive it seems to be in limp mode but in 3rd the gears change perfectly. i havent checked the gear box oil as i dont know how to. the gear stick seems wobbly. the computer is saying check oil levels but it doesnt come up with a gearbox problem. can anyone help????

welcome to the forum  :y

You need to get under the car to check gearbox ATF level http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152783586

All the lights on the gearbox selector is very likely to be ....... http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1267956397 and it will be the reason for being in limp mode.

Your oil check is refering to engine oil. If all is OK on the dip stick it could be the level sensor, but the lower sump needs to come off to get to it.  :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2011, 13:23:39 »

yup, sounds like those 3 problems as listed by Andy...

selector knackered, or linkage loose

check the autobox fluid,

check your oil level (and replace sensor if needed)

keithymac1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2011, 13:56:08 »

thanks for that, ill take it to my mate tomorrow to get it sorted, the gear stick had been wobbly since i got it only when going over bumps it seems to shakey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.