Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Project EP3  (Read 3308 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Project EP3
« on: 28 November 2007, 12:53:09 »

Project EP3 arrived last week, I bought an MV6 off Ebay sight unseen and was described as in good condition with a suspected head gasket failure but the good thing about the car was the full Irmscher Kit in the same colour as my car which is why I bought it and paid £700 :o

The seller said he had a receipt for a recent cam belt change and the milage was only 110,000 but when the car arrived there is no paper work and the milage is 142,500 miles. I called him and asked him for the receipt for the cambelt change which he said he would post on Friday and guess what no receipt yet and he's now stopped answering his phone. Its a good job I didnt buy the car to repair and sell on to make a few quid.

Yesterday I removed the front bumper and fitted it to mine and im going swap all 4 door and tailgate as they are excellent with no rust and the alloys are in good condition with new tyres. So once the parts are swapped and a new oil cooler is fitted its back on ebay to see how much money I can recoup :y

Front bumpers swapped

Rear bumper and tailgate to go on

Pimped glass, I might put the clear glass in the front windows

I dont know if im going to keep the Irmscher rubbing strips or fit the facelift ones which have no chrome strip

And good wheels and tyres
« Last Edit: 28 November 2007, 13:19:16 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Project EP3
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2007, 12:58:01 »

There's some robbing gits about!  Sounds like a luck escape, will make getting rid a bit trickier through at that mileage :(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2007, 13:03:54 »

There's some robbing gits about!  Sounds like a luck escape, will make getting rid a bit trickier through at that mileage :(
Im not too bothered about that it was the body kit in the same colour which made me bid so much, the added bonus is the doors, wheels and tailgate are all in excellent condition :y
Retired

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2007, 18:33:53 »

Looks like there is a foreign object on the bonnet Pete :y..................Still a good deal with the kit :y

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 November 2007, 18:46:42 »

as said, sounds like a good enough deal, even tho he was a devious lying git who needs his hands chopping off!

Missy_MV6

« Reply #5 on: 28 November 2007, 21:19:16 »

The Irmscher kit is really nice...I dooooooooo like :y

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2007, 15:40:34 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aye, I was gonna say, never noticed front and rear irmscher bumpers on prefacelift before, looks lovely  :)

The tyres on the newie look in reasonable knick as well. Has it got parking sensors? and does the preface MV6 Estate have self-levelling? I think with a good polish up, you could get the beastie looking good!?! Is the engine worth fixing then?

All the best  :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2007, 19:39:22 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aye, I was gonna say, never noticed front and rear irmscher bumpers on prefacelift before, looks lovely  :)

The tyres on the newie look in reasonable knick as well. Has it got parking sensors? and does the preface MV6 Estate have self-levelling? I think with a good polish up, you could get the beastie looking good!?! Is the engine worth fixing then?

Its just the oil cooler so its quite an easy job and for the little time I have run it, it sounds OK :y
Retired

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2007, 12:15:39 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its just the oil cooler so its quite an easy job and for the little time I have run it, it sounds OK :y

Notice theres a bigger gap between the grille and the bonnet, compared to the normal meega front ::)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2007, 15:58:51 »

Yes, i have the same front air dam and the gap is huge compared with the original grill but i does not look silly though. :)
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2007, 16:06:22 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Notice theres a bigger gap between the grille and the bonnet, compared to the normal meega front ::)
Yhe other thing that supprised me is its all one piece, grill, bits under the headlights and bumper.
Retired

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2007, 16:47:09 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yhe other thing that supprised me is its all one piece, grill, bits under the headlights and bumper.

Still, it looks very nice :y

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2007, 18:33:11 »

I didn't notice that on viewing. Don't think it looks too out of the norm. Good job :y I'd say it was for increased airflow  ;D

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2007, 22:17:57 »

The fit of this air dam is not a very good fit either, both sides where it joins the wing just under the indicator, tend to splay out causing a poor gap under the head light as can be seen in the front pics. Quite poor from irmscher considering the amount of money they charge for it, but then the other parts that i have from irmscher are top quaility. :y
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2007, 22:25:54 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't spot that either but think I see now! You mean it doesn't sit flat and tight against the mounting behind? Couple of bolts perhaps!?!  ;D  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.