Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157400 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #525 on: 27 May 2012, 21:48:47 »

ok we seem to be banging heads again.

What are the views of the Admin Team?

Jaime? Broocie? Barry? Mark?
Speaking purely 100% as a member, not an Administrator here, Ljay overreacted to a simple tit-for-tat reply. I thought Jimbob overreacted to the non-incident, potentially due to other pressures, creating an incident out of nothing.

simples  :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 27 May 2012, 21:52:43 »

The genie appears to be out the bottle on this at long last.

Speaking as a member, not an admin, I feel Ljay should have been banned quite some time before she was due to her bullying methods and post contents to assorted members on a number of occassions prior to the ruccus in question.  I cannot be botherered at this time to research particular examples but descisions were made on a collective admin level, more than once, in her favour in fear of making or creating a rift within a family containing a member of the admin team.  What I will also say is her online persona is quite some way different to her face to face one and I am for one, glad to have made her aquaintance at meets but she and I did but heads, more than once, online and for that I am quite sad as it does not reflect her otherwise lovely nature.  And I do mean that.

As to JB, I feel he made a wrong call at too short notice which was the proverbial fisrt spadefull into a hole.  As the saga unfolded, he became deeper and deeper into said hole which was a difficult place to be, given personal and work/family circumstances.

I have no wish to air any further laundry in public, other than to say that subsequent descisions were made in the admin team as a whole and the resultant status is as a majority vote.

Personally, if the situation was to be redone with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, i would. in all honesty, be otherwise minded.

And on that note, I will say NOTHING further in this thread. 

Damage done. 

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 27 May 2012, 21:53:39 »

as you know they took action to avoid it happening again with the rule "noone on the team can have an active partner on the forum."

what do you actually want?  a hanging over one moderation decision?

dont forget it was your actions that kicked off the whole sorry affair.

feeutfo

« Reply #528 on: 27 May 2012, 21:55:23 »

Jimbob, Ljay was impossible to get along with on some days here. She would blow up over nothing. She had to apologise to me on line on occasion iirc. There does come a point where there simply is no point trying to appease a person, as it's not possible, so people give up trying.
 From what I saw, nothing anybody did that day was provocative. Nor was there, on any of the numerous other occasions when Ljay went warrior on here.
 If Ljay was upset, only Ljay seems to know why. Hence, afaict, the bitter after taste generally. It's as if she was trying to cause I rift within oof. (I don't know that she was, it just appears that way from what was visible here)

It would appear that she has succeeded, "IF" that was the case.

OOMV6

« Reply #529 on: 27 May 2012, 22:02:04 »

Speaking as a long standing member here, rather than a Moderator...

Is it me? Or has the 'fun' element gone from OOF?  I used to come on here every time I had a spare 5 mins, and enjoy every second of it, whether it be interesting reads on the antics around those doing up cars, or just the chat having me rolling around on the floor, much to the amusement of Mrs TB.

Now, I seem to be struugling to find the energy and enthusiasm to even log on. Our stats show I'm not alone, as we have fewer online now.

So, whats gone wrong? And more importantly, what can we do?

Now, here's your chance for your say. As a moderator, I will do what I can to keep all post to this thread visible, unless its legally irresponsible to. Essentially, this thread will be left unmoderated.

So have your say - it may influence the futures of OOF :y

But please try to keep this one serious and on topic, else its a wasted opportunity. And I don't think we can afford to waste it ;)

Popcorn ready.
TheBoy

The Admin team still bickering. That's what's wrong. As this moment it is pretty much admin / mods chatting. Take it off the open forum please

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 27 May 2012, 22:06:21 »

She has been banned.  I think you can stop attacking her now.

its clear various people need to agree to disagree and move on.

As far as I am concerned there is nothing more to be said on the matter.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 27 May 2012, 22:07:25 »

What happened, and how it happened, is, to a great extent, no longer relevant IMHO.

What IS relevant can be summarised in a few words.

LK believes he was badly treated. JB believes he did the right thing, LJAY left the forum.

Now, I would love all three to attend a meet, sit in the far corner of the field on their own for 30 minutes with a beer and discuss/sort the problems out about how they feel about each other.

But it won't happen, views have become too entrenched, and that antagonism continues to spill over. Human nature being what it is .. each one wishes to be proved "right" and win the argument.

Actually, there can be no winner, everyone loses, and until all three get together and work out how to declare the matter a draw and closed, it will continue ....    :(

and even now "points" are trying to be scored .....   :(
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 22:09:13 by Entwood »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 27 May 2012, 22:11:11 »

What happened, and how it happened, is, to a great extent, no longer relevant IMHO.

What IS relevant can be summarised in a few words.

LK believes he was badly treated. JB believes he did the right thing, LJAY left the forum.

Now, I would love all three to attend a meet, sit in the far corner of the field on their own for 30 minutes with a beer and discuss/sort the problems out about how they feel about each other.

But it won't happen, views have become too entrenched, and that antagonism continues to spill over. Human nature being what it is .. each one wishes to be proved "right" and win the argument.

Actually, there can be no winner, everyone loses, and until all three get together and work out how to declare the matter a draw and closed, it will continue ....    :(

I tend to agree Nige.

Ljay I don't have any problem with.
Jimbob I do.
I am happy that at long last some of the admin team have said what they thought. Perhaps this should have been the discussion that should have happened a few months ago instead of brushing in under the carpet as it were.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 27 May 2012, 22:12:20 »

Jimbob, with all respect mate you may well have made a bad call under pretty impossible circumstances, it's not like I haven't done something similar many times, I always throw my hand up if I have and admit it as it preserves self respect and often earns respect from others. Have a think on this one anyhow.

Daz... stop throwing dummies, you may get repetitive strain!! ;)

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 27 May 2012, 22:14:47 »

Is it me? Or has the 'fun' element gone from OOF?  I used to come on here every time I had a spare 5 mins, and enjoy every second of it, whether it be interesting reads on the antics around those doing up cars, or just the chat having me rolling around on the floor, much to the amusement of Mrs TB.

Now, I seem to be struugling to find the energy and enthusiasm to even log on. Our stats show I'm not alone, as we have fewer online now.

Now, here's your chance for your say. As a moderator, I will do what I can to keep all post to this thread visible, unless its legally irresponsible to. Essentially, this thread will be left unmoderated.

But please try to keep this one serious and on topic, else its a wasted opportunity. And I don't think we can afford to waste it ;)

Popcorn ready.
TheBoy

The Admin team still bickering. That's what's wrong. As this moment it is pretty much admin / mods chatting. Take it off the open forum please

The Admin team are not bickering, Admins are different to Mods.

A Mod and Ex-Mod are doing the bickering.
I like red cars

waspy

« Reply #535 on: 27 May 2012, 22:18:02 »

Personally, I think its good that Admins aren't visible, as I've seen before that those wishing to cause trouble waiting until no Admins are online
  :-X
Bit of a contradiction there TB. If you`re saying that troublemakers will "strike" when no admin are showing as online, stay out of stealth mode and by your line of thinking troublemakers won`t strike, seemples
The way I see it is people don't know when admins are online, rather than completely advertising none are.

Do you think its an issue?
Not when is got (+1 hidden) at the top of the page. Does seem are rather pointless way of being (hidden) though tbh.
As said, thats a functionality difference between the old and new software that is (a long way down) on my list of things to fix. But seems people see stealth as a far bigger problem than I ever thought it could be?  :-\

I have the ability to also be in Stealth Mode on the HSV forum, but I never use it as I feel it distances me from the regular members.
I would much rather be seen as just a member & not someone that hides in the back ground waiting to pounce.
I also appear in the same colour as other members as not to also distance my self. I could go Admin colours, I just choose not to.

OOMV6

« Reply #536 on: 27 May 2012, 22:19:07 »

Popcorn ready.
TheBoy

The Admin team are not bickering, Admins are different to Mods.

A Mod and Ex-Mod are doing the bickering.

Apologies. I stand corrected, but you got the essence of my message.

albitz

« Reply #537 on: 27 May 2012, 22:22:24 »

Whats gone wrong ?
Imo quite a lot of whats gone wrong is self evident in this thread - and theres a pattern.
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103479.0

waspy

« Reply #538 on: 27 May 2012, 22:25:09 »

You wana know what's partially wrong with OOF???
Dragging up old squables doesn't help at all. Put it behind you & bury the hatchet.
I for one was sick of it the first time around & for a second time it's just NOT NEEDED.

feeutfo

« Reply #539 on: 27 May 2012, 22:27:19 »

Whats gone wrong ?
Imo quite a lot of whats gone wrong is self evident in this thread - and theres a pattern.
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103479.0
Go on.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries.