Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stomach ulcer  (Read 5485 times)

STEMO

Stomach ulcer
« on: 17 March 2017, 13:54:03 »

Are any of you guys being treated for a stomach ulcer? What medication are you on...omeprazole....esomeprazole (nexium)....other? I'd be interested in your thoughts as I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information and there's nothing like first hand knowledge.
Thanks.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: Stomach ulcer
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2017, 14:08:55 »

Have had a stomach ulcer for several years now and have been taking omeprazole,as prescribed by the consultant.

Tends to keep things under control so best of luck with yours :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2017, 14:18:47 »

Are any of you guys being treated for a stomach ulcer? What medication are you on...omeprazole....esomeprazole (nexium)....other? I'd be interested in your thoughts as I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information and there's nothing like first hand knowledge.
Thanks.

I had something called Lansprole for acid reflux. I only took it for a week or two. Also used for a stomach ulcer so I'm told.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2017, 14:21:47 by Doctor Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2017, 14:20:37 »

Correct spelling.....Lansoprazole. :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2017, 14:21:43 »

Go with whatever your doctor says. Most medications for this are what are known as PPIs (Proton Pump Inhibitors) which all work in a very similar way.

However, internet advice is really not a good idea on health matters. Sorry but . . . .
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2017, 14:24:04 »

Have had a stomach ulcer for several years now and have been taking omeprazole,as prescribed by the consultant.

Tends to keep things under control so best of luck with yours :y
Hi amba. The thing is, when I was prescribed this stuff by the doctor, I naturally started mentioning it to family and friends. I was amazed at how many people are actually taking it, including my brother and sister who are, more or less, on it for life. It says on the nexium I bought (basically the same stuff you're on, and made by the same company) that it shouldn't be used for any more than 14 days.
I was also amazed at the way people accepted that the ulcer was caused by acid and that a bacterial infection such as h pylori was not investigated.
I've been on this for about six weeks now but, reading some of the horror stories online, I'm not prepared to accept that I should just keep taking them.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2017, 14:24:07 »

Thanks.

Junk food.....too much alcohol......excessive worry. :)

If you were a young man this wouldn't be a problem. You're not. ;)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 March 2017, 14:25:23 »

Thanks.
That's what I'm on. It's an acid inhibitor. Has fewer side effects than lansaprazole. Works wonders for me. I've an ulcer just above my stomach and a sliding hietas hernia.  :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2017, 14:27:23 »

Thanks.

Junk food.....too much alcohol......excessive worry. :)

If you were a young man this wouldn't be a problem. You're not. ;)
Sorry, Opti, but young or not so young, I am/was fit and well with only a pain under my breastbone. The assumption that it's an ulcer and the dismissive attitude shown by dishing out PPI's like smarties to all and sundry just doesn't sit well with me.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2017, 14:27:32 »

Is this going to turn into a thread about old people waiting to die? ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2017, 14:28:30 »

Thanks.
That's what I'm on. It's an acid inhibitor. Has fewer side effects than lansaprazole. Works wonders for me. I've an ulcer just above my stomach and a sliding hietas hernia.  :y
My pain was higher up but, apparently, one of the side effects of this stuff is......stomach pains  :o

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2017, 14:30:14 »

Thanks.
My pain was higher up but, apparently, one of the side effects of this stuff is......stomach pains  :o

You may require an endoscopy for confirmation. I had one without sedation. Not a nice experience.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2017, 14:31:08 »

Thanks.

You may require an endoscopy for confirmation. I had one without sedation. Not a nice experience.
I may have to insist on just that.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2017, 14:32:31 »

This is all saying that a stomach ulcer can't be cured. I was under the impression it could. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2017, 14:34:39 »

Thanks.

My late father had similar. It was gallstones.

Are are jaundiced?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.