Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FTAO people who have bought chips off us...  (Read 2866 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: FTAO people who have bought chips off us...
« Reply #15 on: 27 April 2007, 00:53:14 »

You seem to come highly recommenced on the 2.5/3.0 engines... when you can chip/flash/remap 2.6/3.2 engines, I'd be interested...
Alas, no more Omegas....

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 April 2007, 09:05:53 »

Without appearing to be rude, how much better is your chip than the German one on e-bay for £40ish?????

No offense taken.

However, I would doubt you'd get any backup in the event of a problem with the chip from eBay.

Also, the chips off eBay will not be 100% correct for your car.

We do not have a rolling road Pete, and we can remap for £470 using the RICA software.

The ebay ones are a load of absolute f**king crap.  I've just ripped mine out as the cars got progressively SLOWER every time I drive it.

My 7.1 stonker of a time has now gone to an abismal 11.2 - a complete joke.  Last night I swapped back to my normal chip and now its around the 8 second mark.

When I can afford it (and get away with it) I'll be having the proper chip from M-Tek - which is what I should have done in the first place.

Cheers,

Chris.
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 April 2007, 09:36:46 »

Getting back on to the original subject.... ;)

These chips come very highly recommended.
I have fitted them to 2 of my Omegas now (a 3.0 Elite auto, and a 3.0 MV6 manual).

Performance is noticeably improved with better low end response and more urgency above 4k rpm.

Economy, when you drive sensibly ( ::)) is pretty much the same. :)

Absolute doddle to fit and a very worthy upgrade.

The Administrator.

snappa

• London
  • when`s payday
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2007, 09:37:01 »

Hi Mike, I got a chip off you about 2 months ago & still have a grin on my face. I found an increase in power across the rev range but most noticable when on the move eg, overtaking & kickdown. Car is a dream to drive on motorways & acceleration is always effortless. Also noticed a big increase in torque. V6 Omegas are great cars & the M Tek chip just makes it better allround. As for fuel consumption, most of the driving i do is around town all stop, start stuff so haven't noticed much change But get it on the motorway & it is better with the chip. All in all i think its a very good upgrade & would not hesitate putting it in another Omega, best thing i have done to the car yet. Still smiling :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

snappa

• London
  • when`s payday
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 April 2007, 09:53:57 »

Forgot to say not only is the chip well worth the money but Mike is a fantastic chap & everytime i rang him for help or advice nothing was to much trouble, what he didn't know wasn't worth knowing, me thinks he has super unleaded running through his veins. So if you are thinking of getting one, do it you wont regret it
 cheers Mike  :y :y :y :y

M-Tek Performance

• Intermediate Member
  • Hull
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 April 2007, 17:49:42 »

Forgot to say not only is the chip well worth the money but Mike is a fantastic chap & everytime i rang him for help or advice nothing was to much trouble, what he didn't know wasn't worth knowing, me thinks he has super unleaded running through his veins. So if you are thinking of getting one, do it you wont regret it
 cheers Mike  :y :y :y :y

Shucks i've gone all red faced LOL.

Thanks for the praise :)  We're always happy to help out and always happy to offer advice.

We wouldnt sell these chips if they didnt work. They were tested in my own 3.0 before being made available for sale by us, compared with an other 3.0 Omega of same age.

Im pleased you are happy with it, and long may it continue :)

Dave, as always, thanks :)  Im wanting a passenger go in the MV6 ;)

Miggy,

You wouldnt really need a rolling road tune as the ECU in the Omega controls most things.  Even modern turbocharged cars have the boost pressure controlled by the ecu, rather than manual adjustment of the actuator.  As such, your car wouldnt really benefit a great deal more with a rolling road map.  

Plus with a rolling road tune, you'd be paying alot more than £160.00 for it, for not alot more gain, when it isnt really necessary.

I HTH :)

ClarCE - when you're ready just give me a shout - sounds like the chip in your car isnt for your ECU and wont have the latest software revisions.

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #21 on: 27 April 2007, 18:04:44 »

I can tell everyone that Mike is a top bloke. His chips are simply the best and the performance differnce is immediate. You will NOT regret buying one. Totally recommended.

Ok, now Mike...... after that butt kissing, can I have one please and then I promise to give you and everyone on here a totally honest appraisal of the results.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 April 2007, 19:49:11 »

Ok, we have established lots of us want them, but dont want to pay.

So, why not have a oof chip raffle.

if you want a go, paypal a fiver or sommat, and pick winner(S) at random, be a 1 in 32 chance, i'd have a go.

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 April 2007, 19:50:21 »

if you want a go, paypal a fiver or sommat, and pick winner(S) at random, be a 1 in 32 chance, i'd have a go.
That's an idea  :y
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

M-Tek Performance

• Intermediate Member
  • Hull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2007, 09:52:39 »

That's an idea  :y

I think i need to be licensed for that as its technically gambling?

Also, £5 a ticket, would need to sell 32 tickets lol
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.