- 0 (0%)
I'm retarded
- 1 (2.6%)
Being selfish, 'dangle berries' to other road users
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: 25 February 2013, 09:49:16

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lane hoggers  (Read 5412 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Lane hoggers
« on: 23 February 2013, 09:49:16 »

Driving down the M40 yesterday, mostly up the inside lane, as the outside 2 we full of lane hoggers going slow, it struck me how bad UK drivers are. By bad, I mean self-centred knobs - "I'm alright Jack, sod you".

Given the number of cars I saw prepared to use the inside lane yesterday, I reckon there must be about 8000 members on OOF who believe using the inside lane is a slur on their penile performance.

So, why do people lane hog?

(Auto Addict - you are excluded from the poll, as due to your extreme age, its perfectly acceptable for you to do 45mph in the middle lane, if that man with the red gets out of the way)
Grumpy old man

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
Re: Lane hoggers
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2013, 10:01:18 »

Driving down the M40 yesterday, mostly up the inside lane, as the outside 2 we full of lane hoggers going slow, it struck me how bad UK drivers are. By bad, I mean self-centred knobs - "I'm alright Jack, sod you".

Given the number of cars I saw prepared to use the inside lane yesterday, I reckon there must be about 8000 members on OOF who believe using the inside lane is a slur on their penile performance.

(Auto Addict - you are excluded from the poll, as due to your extreme age, its perfectly acceptable for you to do 45mph in the middle lane, if that man with the red gets out of the way)
7999 then because I dont believe in that.- TB your right about M40 full of tards though-used to go to Banbury to see a mate and every time would see a loon in a Merc or Audi fly past me only to slam brakes on because some muppet pootling along in right hand lane :D
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2013, 10:16:58 »

I have held a licence since Oct of 2007, so I'm hardly experienced. But, I find myself getting frustrated with people who simply don't understand how to use the motorway.

I was taught, to keep left at all times, to use lane 1 when practical. Lanes 2 or 3 to complete overtakes, then return to the left.
The use of indicators also annoys me, sometime the complete lack of application, or too few flashes. Again, I was taught you indicate, then move and the amount of flashes is relative to your speed. I.e. at 70 mph, there should be approx 7. There is also no need to signal to move over left, as there is the assumption of keep left at all times.

I fail to understand how people don't know what to do?
Like you TB, I travelled back on the M40 yesterday, and it was shocking.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2013, 10:18:48 »

:(
I like red cars

ted_one

« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2013, 10:22:56 »

A lot of the time it's peoples own perception of motorway driving,mainly because they have never been taught the correct way to use the motorway, so they just do it their way and because of the high level of arrogance mixed with a low level skill base you get the situation that you describe.Also I think that there's almost a zero police presence on our motorways now days and as for an example,our recent trip up too Derbyshire for the Red Baron's meet was nearly 370 miles round trip and I never saw a police car or a Highways agency vehicle at any time throughout.So to me the motorways are a place that you can either do your best or your worst,I live in the hope  that it's only the nobheads that come to grief through their selfish ways but sadly it's not always the case ::)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2013, 10:23:26 »

I will say, after driving on the M40 the other week, I overtook a Mondeo who was hogging the middle lane, nearside lane empty, signaled to change lanes, about to then join the inside lane, and just noticed in time a BMW undercutting the Mondeo at about 100+ miles per hour.
I like red cars

ZacVegas

• Southampton
  • Beer, nothing else matters
    • 2000 'X' Omega 2.5CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2013, 10:26:57 »

I see it every day while I'm trucking up and down the country, have to undertake cars and vans most days. >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2013, 10:42:31 »

I will say, after driving on the M40 the other week, I overtook a Mondeo who was hogging the middle lane, nearside lane empty, signaled to change lanes, about to then join the inside lane, and just noticed in time a BMW undercutting the Mondeo at about 100+ miles per hour.
I did similar on the way to WIM a few weeks back. Knowing I needed to fill the car before geometry, I was in a hurry, maybe breaking the speed limit slightly ::). Nothing on the M40, except some tard in the middle lane. I was going to go around him, to try to make him feel a idiot, but I noticed a long way back a car was approaching very quickly, so I undertook, probably at about 50mph faster than him (he was tootling, nowhere near the speed limit), as the fast Merc flew past him in the outside lane, at I'd guess, well over double the limit. Well over.

Still, the tard didn't get the hint, and just carried on.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2013, 10:43:09 »

Too much trouble for the lane hogging tards to turn on an indicator  >:(
Also add that yesterday a lorry pulled out to overtake while on his mobile , 5 minutes later while still making no headway past another lorry he realizes there is a 4 mile tail back behind him , puts down his phone and pulls back in behind the lorry  >:( >:( >:( A quick blast to him on passing and he gives the finger  :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2013, 10:50:21 »

Sat behind them some times with full beam on, still don't get message  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2013, 11:11:08 »

Sat behind them some times with full beam on, still don't get message  >:(
They are the type most likely to brake test you, accusing you of tailgating  >:(

If the shits drove with some consideration for others, you wouldn't need to.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 23 February 2013, 11:14:40 »

Renault megane hogging the middle lane yesterday , thick black smoke pouring out of it and oblivious to the smoke screen he was leaving for us all ::)

albitz

« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2013, 11:17:58 »

There should be a seperate test for motorway driving after the initial test has been passed imo.

ted_one

« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2013, 11:25:23 »

I used to be a PCV instructor and as part of the preparation for the driving test we were allowed to use the motorways as for all heavies it's part of the test, and co-incidently we were out on the M40 near Oxford when we overtook a Polish registered heavy and as the coach drew level with it I happened to glance over into the cab of the truck, in all honesty if I had'nt seen it..this guy was eating a full meal from a sort of fixed tray and just to compliment his home comforts he had a DVD running as well.He saw us looking at him and he gave us the thumbs up :o  I must admit I did call it in but I never had any feed back from the police.
When you see some of the major accidents that happen on the motorways,do you ever ask your self 'how did that happen'? Eating your dinner,watching a dvd instead of the road,having minimal control of a 38 tonner,  Hmm now let me think :-\

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2013, 12:04:41 »

I always stick to the outside lane as I'm always going faster than every one else :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 February 2013, 13:16:19 »

Bugs me everyday on the way to/from work!  >:(

Other week there was a Punto with a woman in the outside lane doing 60mph! Nothing in lane 1 for about 3/4 mile ahead...

Well after what seemed like ages following her, I decided to undertake the idiot... Looked in my mirror and at least 8 cars behind followed me!

And after all that, Yep, you've guessed it, she was still sat in the outside lane! GGRRRrrrr!

[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 February 2013, 14:36:43 »

I voted "I don't and keep to the nearside lane". It is true in Spain. The roads are a lot less busy and the Spanish are taught to get back in (and must indicate when doing so).

In the big cities things are different due to pressures of life and sheer volumes on the roads. Made worse by four rush hours a day everywhere.

I was shocked at how many people drive like that when I last went back to Britain. It can't be good for health to be sitting on someones bumper at 80 with headlights blazing. A good friend in Britain was driving up the M1 one day and I caught him up (he is a middle lane all the way driver). I overtook him, pulled into the nearside and slowed down and waved at him as he went past. Didn't see me. Tried again , same thing. Had to resort to the horn.......... ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2013, 15:21:50 »

I haven't voted, 'cause TB says I'm not alowed to. :(
I like red cars

pirate

• Intermediate Member
  • westhumble surrey
    • steinmetz elit estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2013, 15:33:33 »

just general crap driving ,the instructers are nearly as bad as the peaple they teach,was sat the other day at the airport car pulled in next to me and drove into post nice yep driving instructor prat,pupils in instructors cars so close to wheel if airbag went off it would kill them and whats with the way they are taught to indicat madness following young drivers at a round about they aproach indicat right then indicat left to go straight on never know where the hell there going.
as to motorways the amount that slow down to join causing mayhem behind them,no awarness of whats going on around them ,dont think ahead only whatching the car in front.i dread to watch when weather changes how helpless most drivers are in heavy rain and snow.as for enyhope of high speed driving most aint safe at 50.  rant over

ps i drive in which ever lane is safe to do and under take when i have to to get away from the ones which are brain dead

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 23 February 2013, 15:53:02 »

erm. May I remind the honourable member from Brackley of a certain journey back from the Essex meet (was it?) on the m25 ...?

Don't be talking to me about lane hoggers Mr TB. Oh no ! ;D

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #20 on: 23 February 2013, 15:57:11 »

Really really p****s me off every time i am on the motorway.
Starting to see more of it when I drive through France as well.

[Clarkson geek voice mode engaged]
"i'm doing 70 mph. You are not allowed to go any faster so I dont need move out of the outside lane"
"I dont know how to judge distances in my mirrors so I am staying in the middle lane to avoid those nasty lorries"
[Clarkson geek voice mode disengaged]

Did I say it really really does p**s me off

keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 23 February 2013, 16:08:31 »

Given that most lorries do 56ish mph all day long, I am truly frightened by the number of people who insist on joining motorways doing 50 all the way over to lane 2 >:( if they're lucky, and haven't been squished by a Tescos truck, they might just manage to build up to 63, at which point I have had enough, and am fast on my way to the next postcode :-X

feeutfo

« Reply #22 on: 23 February 2013, 16:15:06 »

As said so many times before, IMO, NOBODY should be allowed on a motorway without first passing a test.

But as non exists, is it any surprise?

My step mum, lovely lady. Absolutely petrified of driving on the motorway. When she does use one, its middle lane all the way. White knuckles, can't use mirrors, as cant work out which side of her the traffic behind is on. So in all honesty, it's probably best way for her, and everyone else. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 February 2013, 16:17:52 »

erm. May I remind the honourable member from Brackley of a certain journey back from the Essex meet (was it?) on the m25 ...?

Err, yes, well, err, it's, errr, yes...  ...its my penis, its very small, and it helps driving in the middle lane. And I thought I was in a BMW. And, errr...

A case of (thinking that I) knowing the road too well. The inside lane there used to go off to A10, hence moving over to the middle lane ready for when it became 2 lanes....   ....only they did that junction up a few years ago  :-[.  Defo have to hold my hand up to being a tit that day  :-[.  It was a stretch of road I travelled regularly (3 or 4 times a week) in the late 90s. Force of habit.

As to why I was only doing 85mph, well, that cripple bloke had been buggering around with my LPG, and I was trying to understand why it the gas/petrol LED was flashing (the silly arse had left auto learning on ;D)
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #24 on: 23 February 2013, 16:40:26 »

Err, yes, well, err, it's, errr, yes...  ...its my penis, its very small, and it helps driving in the middle lane. And I thought I was in a BMW. And, errr...

A case of (thinking that I) knowing the road too well. The inside lane there used to go off to A10, hence moving over to the middle lane ready for when it became 2 lanes....   ....only they did that junction up a few years ago  :-[.  Defo have to hold my hand up to being a tit that day  :-[.  It was a stretch of road I travelled regularly (3 or 4 times a week) in the late 90s. Force of habit.

As to why I was only doing 85mph, well, that cripple bloke had been buggering around with my LPG, and I was trying to understand why it the gas/petrol LED was flashing (the silly arse had left auto learning on ;D)
Yeah yeah all the old excuses, noddy. ;D

And adaptions are supposed to be on, no? :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2013, 16:41:58 »

And adaptions are supposed to be on, no? :-\
T'was a new feature, then. And I'm easily confuddled.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2013, 16:45:09 »

......So, why do people lane hog?.......

The first car in the outside lane is the lane hog, the others behind have blood coming out of their ears where they are hemorrhaging from shouting at the first car.  ;) ;D

I haven't voted, 'cause TB says I'm not alowed to. :(
Ah bless him.  :) :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2013, 17:02:41 »

.........The use of indicators also annoys me,

Make your mind up, first I'm supposed to use them and now you're saying not to. All very confusing.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

sometime the complete lack of application, or too few flashes. Again, I was taught you indicate, then move and the amount of flashes is relative to your speed. I.e. at 70 mph, there should be approx 7. There is also no need to signal to move over left, as there is the assumption of keep left at all times.
Crikey, are you saying that I should let the indicator flash fifteen times when I'm lane changing on my way home from late-shift.  ;D ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 February 2013, 17:19:18 »

Nice to see we managed to confuse you (again) :-X ::) :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #29 on: 23 February 2013, 17:22:09 »

The biggest problem I find lately is actually getting onto a motorway or major road. I find myself having to slow right down at the start of slip roads as retards in front are doing 40 mph and showing no signs of speeding up to join the road.Slow down let them get far enough ahead,then accellerate up to an appropriate speed to join just after they do.
Nearly came to grief recently as I caught one up just after they joined the A12 still doing 40mph on the A12. The road was busy,I couldnt get out into lane two,and came close to hitting the dawdler up the arse.I managed to get slowed just in time,and then the truck which was now bearing down behind me almost hit me up the arse.
Maybe technically I should have stopped before I got onto the A12 rather than end up so close behind,but then Im at the end of the slip road facing trying to join from a standing start which just isnt possible at 5p.m.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 23 February 2013, 17:35:44 »

Similarly, people coming off the motorway who slow right down before the slip road.  I was on the M5 recently and was going to come off at Taunton.  I moved into the inside lane (after a spot of middle lane hogging!  ;D) and there were a few cars indicating to come off.  Suddenly all the brake lights came on and there was a car that had slowed to about 40mph to go onto the slip road!!  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 February 2013, 22:01:38 »

I hate lane hoggers particularly on the A1 or A19 which are just 2 lanes, car sits in the outside lane sees a truck a mile ahead and decides to remain in the outside lane to over take it..... >:( >:( >:( The irony of it is that you often need to be speeding to catch up and pass the truck anyway, so move over and let the faster cars go buy............. :y :y

feeutfo

« Reply #32 on: 23 February 2013, 22:18:56 »

Quite happy in lane 1 myself. :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 February 2013, 22:24:21 »

Who clicked on 'I'm Retarded' on the Poll.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 February 2013, 22:24:28 »

The biggest problem I find lately is actually getting onto a motorway or major road. I find myself having to slow right down at the start of slip roads as retards in front are doing 40 mph and showing no signs of speeding up to join the road.Slow down let them get far enough ahead,then accelerate up to an appropriate speed to join just after they do. .....

I upset someone this afternoon because they were doing similar. I left the roundabout which outs you into lane 2 of the slip road. Dickhead in lane 1 decided that I wasn't going to overtake him so moved to lane 2 just in front of me, soooooooooo  ::) I undertook him to accelerate to motorway speed. He didn't like it so blasted his horn to which he received a 2 finger salute. I think he thought he was going to out accelerate the 11 yr old barge that had upset him. Needless to say he didn't.  ::) ::) ::)
The thing is, if you used the slip road as you should, it's long enough to reach way over the motorway legal speed if you want to ... but people think they have to get to lane 1 as soon as possible despite their ridiculously low speeds.  >:(

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 February 2013, 22:31:16 »

I rarely get overtaken on Motorways, but I'm still in Lane 1 when there is nothing around.

Whenever I look in my mirrors (constantly when doing treble figures) there is always some cock with DRL's in lane 3 on a quiet motorway.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 23 February 2013, 22:31:57 »

Yes I'm quite happy in lane1 of the slip road as well. Right to the very bitter end of it, and sometimes a little nibble of the rumble strip too.

....Just to be sure I'm NOT seen darting across 3 lanes to lane 1 or worse, the millisecond the cross hatching finishes. What is it the makes people think that's a good idea?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 February 2013, 22:40:15 »

I rarely get overtaken on Motorways, but I'm still in Lane 1 when there is nothing around.

The best one I saw recently. One Sunday morning, 7:15, hardly anyone on the motorway. Dickhead in lane 2, I'm in lane 1 going faster (not silly mph) got close-ish & flashed my head lights, he moved over to lane 1, I over took him in lane 2 & moved back to lane 1. He moved back to the middle lane!!  ???  ???  ???  ??? WTF!  ???

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 February 2013, 22:56:57 »

I hate lane hoggers particularly on the A1 or A19 which are just 2 lanes, car sits in the outside lane sees a truck a mile ahead and decides to remain in the outside lane to over take it..... >:( >:( >:( The irony of it is that you often need to be speeding to catch up and pass the truck anyway, so move over and let the faster cars go buy............. :y :y

Yep... I'll have the joys of the A1 on Tuesday and back again on Thursday ::)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 February 2013, 23:28:30 »

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 February 2013, 23:39:33 »

No No No I am not going to start watching Mad Max on u tube............ ::) ::) ::) :-X

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 February 2013, 00:20:28 »

Just for you.

Only a matter of time a any omega owner knows, empty tank, what you gona do..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 February 2013, 09:08:25 »

I generally do keep left....when traffic speed allows ;)

Exceptions to this being..

If the road surface in lane 1 is bad, as does happen on some stretches of motorways and can be very uncomfortable to be in.

Another exception being wet weather....Id rather sit in an empty lane, even if not overtaking than having a windscreen full of spray from the car in front....

Not saying I'd stay there if something was behind, I wouldn't lane block, but do position myself for comfort when it doesnt affect other road users. :y

feeutfo

« Reply #43 on: 24 February 2013, 09:33:32 »

I think that's what some drivers think, that they'll move over if something comes up behind. At 5am on the m4 I'd say 40% of car drivers sit in lane 2.

Of those, I'd say 10% will suddenly move to lane 1, as if cought out, when a car comes up behind. Usually after the car behind has started towards lane 3. Often yacking to a passenger. ::)

During busy times though, it does seem theres an argument for not keeping left, as they won't be able to get back to the right again. But IMO, it only seems that way.

We all see miles of empty lane 1 between lorries. With 2 and 3 queuing patiently.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 February 2013, 10:50:52 »

Have you ever noticed that when you get road works lane closures on the motorway, when they close the outside lane, traffic always slows/stops where the retards have to go the last yard before forcing their way in. >:(

But when they use the system of shutting the nearside lane, traffic keeps running and all nearside traffic is gone from that lane well in advance of the roadworks. They used that system on the M4 in Wiltshire when I was travewlling daily down that way, and the traffic, although busy, never stopped at all, just reducing to 50mph and we sailed through miles of roadworks :y

Why don't they use that system all the time. Nearside lane drivers will always change lanes well in advance, whereas outside laners, believe it is their right to see how close to the first cone they can get. >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 24 February 2013, 11:39:18 »

It's fun when they try to cut in at the last minute... I've played "Traffic cone bowling" several times :-X

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 February 2013, 12:26:50 »

Ive seen the M8 and M9 lane 2 on a go slow and lane one overtaking it's great as i'm a truck driver I don't loose to much time as im stuck at 52mph.
I love Edinburgh after 0930 as some of the bus lanes are out of opperation and like sheep everyone stays in the outside lane if only some people paid attention to the road signs.
It seems most plebs have got blinkers on and screw you am first attitude where as I couldn't give a sh!t as longs I get there in the end. I'm 40 not 90 years old :-*

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 February 2013, 13:24:40 »

Ive seen the M8 and M9 lane 2 on a go slow and lane one overtaking it's great as i'm a truck driver I don't loose to much time as im stuck at 52mph.
I love Edinburgh after 0930 as some of the bus lanes are out of opperation and like sheep everyone stays in the outside lane if only some people paid attention to the road signs.
It seems most plebs have got blinkers on and screw you am first attitude where as I couldn't give a sh!t as longs I get there in the end. I'm 40 not 90 years old :-*

That is a classic happening.....but its the last laugh on them on the A40 in Wycombe, as halfway down the bus lane stretch is a set of traffic lights with a designated right turn arrow.......Oh how I love watching them pull out, only to find they are stuck in a lane turning right. They signal left to get into the left lane, and no-one stops for them.......heaven, makes my day
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 February 2013, 13:37:23 »

Another pet hate, is the wankstain retards who refuse to queue at a mini rounabout, so blast up outside lane, go all the way around it, in order to turn left. So all roads have to give way, causing more congestion, just so that these tadpoles can be on their way, opps everyone else.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #49 on: 24 February 2013, 13:59:04 »

My favourite is the m40 to a43 exit roundabout at the top of the slip road. Main flow of traffic turns right up the a43 which is two lanes across 3 roundabouts to get to the a43 proper.

Slip road everyone uses the right lane to turn right at the two lane roundabout. Over the two lane bridge over the m40 everyone moves left to turn left at the TWO lane roundabout and so on.

No matter what you do, some bell end is cutting across your right of way at a snails pace.
But it is fun driving round the outside of all of them. If its not stationary with traffic of course. ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 February 2013, 14:00:38 »

My favourite is the m40 to a43 exit roundabout at the top of the slip road. Main flow of traffic turns right up the a43 which is two lanes across 3 roundabouts to get to the a43 proper.

Slip road everyone uses the right lane to turn right at the two lane roundabout. Over the two lane bridge over the m40 everyone moves left to turn left at the TWO lane roundabout and so on.

No matter what you do, some bell end is cutting across your right of way at a snails pace.
But it is fun driving round the outside of all of them. If its not stationary with traffic of course. ::)

Yup, had that many times. I usually use lane 1 on the slip, don't turn off cruise until that wooden fence.  :)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 February 2013, 14:56:13 »

This thread explains the ear burning sensation :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 24 queries.