Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pioneer DEH-P75BT  (Read 2398 times)

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
Pioneer DEH-P75BT
« on: 04 March 2007, 18:31:49 »

Hi, has anyone else fitted one of these headunits? LB kindly fitted this one for me a few weeks ago. I am made up with the sound quality(without seperate amplifier) but have a couple of issues with the bluetooth side of it. 1) After initial setting up with my phone (Motorola L6), it should detect the phone every time I get in the car and set up the phone automatically, it doesn't do this, I have to tell the phone to detect the Pioneer every time, both phone and headunit are set to auto detect. 2) When the phone is registered with the headunit and the phonebook is transferred to the headunit, after switching off the radio it loses all the phonebook entries. 3) Is there any way to adjust the volume on the microphone, even with the microphone directly in front of me I can hardly be heard by the person I am calling.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneer DEH-P75BT
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2007, 19:18:42 »

I have the pioneer 55 so very similar

Best fix for no1, is throw the motorola in the bin and buy a nokia, I have motorola and that is how they work im afraid, just set a hotkey / shortcut up (if you can) to enable handsfree.  With a nokia, it just 'works'

2, unsure, I only entered 2 numbers, they are still there, Live and switched live are the right way round arnt they?

3, I have my mic mounted in the corner of the dash, next to the headlight switch, providing I talk at a reasonable volume, things are fine.

good luck!

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2007, 19:31:29 »

Best fix for no1, is throw the motorola in the bin and buy a nokia, I have motorola and that is how they work im afraid, just set a hotkey / shortcut up (if you can) to enable handsfree.  With a nokia, it just 'works'

2, unsure, I only entered 2 numbers, they are still there, Live and switched live are the right way round arnt they?

3, I have my mic mounted in the corner of the dash, next to the headlight switch, providing I talk at a reasonable volume, things are fine.

good luck!

Hi Jimbob, 1) suspected it might be the phone, although Pioneer say it is compatable, am looking at the Samsung D900.
                2) Wires are the right way round
                3) My mic is clipped to underneath of the top of the dash, directly in front of my face

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2007, 12:13:09 »

Not convinced about no2.....given that its suffering from phone book Alzheimer's

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2007, 12:53:44 »

Not convinced about no2.....given that its suffering from phone book Alzheimer's

Mark, the only reply I can give is that LB swapped the wires when he fitted it for me, as it did not keep the radio stations when switched off.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2007, 08:59:43 »

Wires are fitted correctly, it was holding memory fine...
The Administrator.

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2007, 12:50:21 »

Wires are fitted correctly, it was holding memory fine...

And still holding memory fine LB, and nearly loud enough to drown out the missus.  ;D :y

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2007, 18:14:20 »

You are right Jimbob, Pioneer customer service say there is a known problem with most Motorola phones and auto connect, and there is no known fix, bummer :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 March 2007, 19:09:50 »

You are right Jimbob, Pioneer customer service say there is a known problem with most Motorola phones and auto connect, and there is no known fix, bummer :'(
Motorola junk, thats why.

tbh, for handsfree use, Nokia do seem to have the best reliability in that respect.  The phones may be bland, and not gimmicky, but are strong and work well, esp with handsfree/carkit use....
Grumpy old man

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 March 2007, 19:21:41 »

tbh, for handsfree use, Nokia do seem to have the best reliability in that respect.  The phones may be bland, and not gimmicky, but are strong and work well, esp with handsfree/carkit use....

Hi TheBoy, am looking at the Samsung D900 when I get some cash, haven't heard anything about these phones though, they are still pretty new, will try to get some info on them and thier reliability with bluetooth.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2007, 19:48:49 »

Hi TheBoy, am looking at the Samsung D900 when I get some cash, haven't heard anything about these phones though, they are still pretty new, will try to get some info on them and thier reliability with bluetooth.
As I said, because I need to use mine in conjunction with a carkit, I will only consider Nokia, because they just work as expected.
Grumpy old man

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2007, 18:59:13 »

Hi, just a quick update, have ordered a Nokia phone, expect it in a couple of days. Will let you know if this cures the problems.

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2007, 09:02:33 »

As Jimbob said "Nokia, it just works", and he is dead right. I am now one happy bunny, everything working as it should. So if you buy one of these headunits and have a Motorola phone, bin it and get a Nokia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.