Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose CCR2006 - How to tell?!  (Read 6026 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Bose CCR2006 - How to tell?!
« Reply #15 on: 09 January 2008, 14:07:12 »

When we reprogram the Head units, the software that we enter includes the BOSE message automatically and shows on the vehicle display from the radio.

Never had to program a vehicle display to say BOSE . . . . . ?

My best guess is that the radio has been swapped, and not the display as the output protocol is the same for Bose and Non Bose CCR2006 units.

The low Bose outputs are still just about enough to power a full set of 4 Ohm speakers, just don`t expect to wake the neighbours doing it.
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

spaceraceuk

• Ipswich, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 January 2008, 14:18:25 »

When we reprogram the Head units, the software that we enter includes the BOSE message automatically and shows on the vehicle display from the radio.

Never had to program a vehicle display to say BOSE . . . . . ?

My best guess is that the radio has been swapped, and not the display as the output protocol is the same for Bose and Non Bose CCR2006 units.

The low Bose outputs are still just about enough to power a full set of 4 Ohm speakers, just don`t expect to wake the neighbours doing it.

interesting. the sound is very loud in the car when turned up, and sounds very good, though I'm by no means an expert...
- spacerace -

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #17 on: 09 January 2008, 14:35:10 »

Sounds like you may have a BOSE or amplified system in there then !!
www.dndservices.co.uk

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 January 2008, 15:23:22 »

I reckon so. With the 2006 unamplified I would never use loud and good in the same sentence ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 January 2008, 12:59:41 »

The display does not get information as to the config via the radio coms link, it is programmed (again by tech2) to display Bose during power up.

Hmm I wonder if this is why my Bose setup doesnt work properly. I dont get 'Bose' in the display at any time, perhaps the headend has been replaced but not programmed for bose.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 January 2008, 13:36:52 »

I reckon so. With the 2006 unamplified I would never use loud and good in the same sentence ::)

Kevin

No, the Bose outputs only a couple of volts and into a 4 ohm load.....your only talking about a watt or so tops and I suspect it goes into a higher impedence drive mode under these operating conditions to.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #21 on: 10 January 2008, 13:55:09 »

Disagree,  

When we repair and test the BOSE head units, we run them on standard 4 Ohm speakers in the workshop - They will function reasonably well, quite loud.

The reason that the BOSE amplifier levels run higher than standard Line Output levels is to eliminate as much of the background noise generated by the vehicle as you can by running a higher gain input signal to the amplifier. For some reason BOSE have decided to do this at just below the standard speaker levels. As an educated guess, the Bose is outputting about 3 Watts @ 4 Ohms, but then the standard CCR2006 was only about 8 Watts and the original paper cone speakers were not much more than that.  So on that basis, a BOSE output is running the speakers at a good percentage of what they can take, meaning that you will hear a reasonable level of sound.
www.dndservices.co.uk

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
  • If kicking doesn't work, then hit it with a hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2009, 22:16:05 »

I have become an expert on this recently. The reason for this is I have had head unit change on my car before I bought it. I have the omega elite with BOSE speakers and amp. Unfortunately for me I have the head unit for your car which is the cdr 2005. This does not work great with BOSE. I am desperately looking for a ccr 2006 b which is what you have. Not to be confused with ccr 2006 which would be fine in your car. The ccr 2006 b has a slight diference inside which changes the output so that the BOSE amp can deal with the features that would normally be dealt with in the head unit. The advantage of CDR 2005 is that you lose the manual fade/balance and bass/treble. With CDR 2005 it becomes on screen adjustable which is great, but the outputs are wrong for the BOSE system. Hence my problem. And your problem. The CDR 2005 was an upgrade for the ccr 2006 but unfortunately for me the upgrade does not work great with BOSE. Hope this helps. It has taken hours for me to get to this knowledge point.  :) :)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #23 on: 12 March 2009, 22:33:48 »

To the best of my knowledge, the CCR2006 and CCR2006B as you call them are actually one and the same unit with the exception that Tech2 is used to program the unit for BOSE or standard output.
www.dndservices.co.uk

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 March 2009, 22:43:55 »

when I spoke to vauxhall they said different. But that could be a money thing. It costs £100 more if you buy new for the ccr 2006 b than cdr 2006. If you have an answer to this or know someone who does this would be great. One thing I do know is that I need to change my head unit from cdr 2005.

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2009, 22:45:18 »

They also have different part numbers, if this helps

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #26 on: 13 March 2009, 08:54:16 »

AFAIK a Bose configured head unit can still run standard speakers but to get the full use of the system you will need to install Bose speakers the Bose amp and the Bose sub...if you have the wiring installed and your head unit has already been set up for Bose then your more than half the way there!  :y Sub as said will be in the passengers side back cubby hole if its there...amp will be in the drivers side back cubby hole if its there...if you take a door card off then the Bose speakers are distinctly different to the standard ones...

As it happens I have 4 Bose speakers, an estate sub and an amp sat here...if you want/need them then let me know  :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #27 on: 13 March 2009, 08:57:12 »

when I spoke to vauxhall they said different. But that could be a money thing. It costs £100 more if you buy new for the ccr 2006 b than cdr 2006. If you have an answer to this or know someone who does this would be great. One thing I do know is that I need to change my head unit from cdr 2005.
Might just be a simple case of the CCR2006 being none bose configured from the box while the CCR2006b is Bose configured from the box although both can be set either way via tech2...just easier to have different part numbers so you know either way what you started with and easier for Vaux to select what you need if you buy new  :y I'm 99% certain a CCR2006 thats not set up for Bose can be Bose configured via Tech2 and will work fine (but then of course you have to pay for the Tech2 session) :y

As all the CCR2006 head units are configurable for Bose I very much doubt the head units are actually different at all, just part numbered for Bose set on or off
« Last Edit: 13 March 2009, 09:03:30 by ShieldOfSteel »
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 March 2009, 09:20:26 »

To clarify all this:

CCR2006 units are functionally all identical.  Tech2 can change the config between bose/non-bose, and any new unit would need programming anyway.

They have a different part number as some have 'Bose' written on cassette door.
Grumpy old man

Tawfield

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2009, 23:30:01 »

Im all upset now,  :'(
I dont get Bose come up on the screen and it aint etched on the cassette flap,and its a Bose system plus ccr2006 great sound as well.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.