Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Not got a clue about ice anyone help  (Read 3383 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Not got a clue about ice anyone help
« Reply #30 on: 14 January 2010, 15:17:26 »

Seen people adding it to cars here, wonder what that will do to insurance

Not a lot I wouldn`t have thought . . .

Most of the Burberry brigade in their Chavaliers arn`t insured anyway

::)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 January 2010, 15:19:33 »

would be even better if it tuck the wife to the shop's I din't have to. lol ;D
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

lozzy

• Irmscher UK Sales and Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 January 2010, 16:53:39 »

im with Dave these units are naff plus they make lots of noise interference wise and the RCA there signals are very dirty  :-/
Irmscher UK Sales and Support

1 Omega Estate 100 speakers :D

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #33 on: 14 January 2010, 17:25:48 »

im with Dave these units are naff plus they make lots of noise interference wise

No my friend . . . Thats The Omega that does that !!

Those of us who have Audi Avants don`t have the problem

8-)
www.dndservices.co.uk

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 January 2010, 17:48:27 »

Easy one, probably one of the best head units currently on the market

http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2009/navigation/navigation/MAX983HD/gb-en-product-pf_1172414882922.html

Only question I have is are your pockets deep enough ? - I reckon its worth every penny, and for those who are interested, I can offer some serious OOfers discount against the retail price of around £1500
 ;)

I don't doubt that it is worth every penny but it's unfortunately more than I'd be prepared to spend and the majority of its' functionality would probably go unused.  :-/

On the other hand, the link did lead me to wonder what these are like: http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2009/audio/source_unit/bluetooth_usb/FZ409E/gb-en-product-pf_1172414933830.html

It's all I need: an MP3 player and a radio. Claims to support playing from a USB drive. Support appears to be limited but useable IMHO. 8 levels of folders, 255 files per folder 512 total folders and 130560 files.  :-/

Problem is, you don't realise the limitations of devices like this until you've lived with them / sworn at them for a month or two.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #35 on: 14 January 2010, 18:03:42 »

Easy one, probably one of the best head units currently on the market

http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2009/navigation/navigation/MAX983HD/gb-en-product-pf_1172414882922.html

Only question I have is are your pockets deep enough ? - I reckon its worth every penny, and for those who are interested, I can offer some serious OOfers discount against the retail price of around £1500
 ;)

I don't doubt that it is worth every penny but it's unfortunately more than I'd be prepared to spend and the majority of its' functionality would probably go unused.  :-/

On the other hand, the link did lead me to wonder what these are like: http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2009/audio/source_unit/bluetooth_usb/FZ409E/gb-en-product-pf_1172414933830.html

It's all I need: an MP3 player and a radio. Claims to support playing from a USB drive. Support appears to be limited but useable IMHO. 8 levels of folders, 255 files per folder 512 total folders and 130560 files.  :-/

Problem is, you don't realise the limitations of devices like this until you've lived with them / sworn at them for a month or two.

Kevin

Nice unit, but like anything with a USB connection, the control and navigation of USB audio from anything other than an iPod generally sucks. Using a memory stick or a generic USB device is not great on any model, and although I can appreciate the hesitancy, I really would advise to jump on the iPod bandwagon for this - 80GB 5th gen video iPod are excellent value at around £75 second hand. Apart from that, Clarion have done well with this unit, Radio, Touch screen, and USB socket - nothing else, no mechanisms or CD player - almost an empty box !

However, I thought that people would be hesitant at first of a unit with no CD, but that isn`t what`s stopped people from buying this unit - It requires a seperate Bluetooth interface for the phone, and rather than buying and fitting an extra box, virtually everybody has gone for the next model up, as it has the Bluetooth interface already built in - and people just love that one !!

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/fz709e.html
www.dndservices.co.uk

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 January 2010, 18:34:07 »

I like the diskless idea...

we both have pioneer units, built in usb, bluetooth, talk to steering controls and mid, colour change to match car etc

didnt bother installing the rear usb cables at the time, but the one on hers doesnt like ejecting anymore (put a disk in to push the ejecting disk down and it works fine) 

think Ill be converting that to USB stick only soon.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2010, 18:34:46 by jimbob »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 January 2010, 19:03:48 »

Nice unit, but like anything with a USB connection, the control and navigation of USB audio from anything other than an iPod generally sucks. Using a memory stick or a generic USB device is not great on any model, and although I can appreciate the hesitancy, I really would advise to jump on the iPod bandwagon for this - 80GB 5th gen video iPod are excellent value at around £75 second hand. Apart from that, Clarion have done well with this unit, Radio, Touch screen, and USB socket - nothing else, no mechanisms or CD player - almost an empty box !

However, I thought that people would be hesitant at first of a unit with no CD, but that isn`t what`s stopped people from buying this unit - It requires a seperate Bluetooth interface for the phone, and rather than buying and fitting an extra box, virtually everybody has gone for the next model up, as it has the Bluetooth interface already built in - and people just love that one !!

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/fz709e.html

Interesting. Hadn't appreciated that bluetooth was external.

Every CD I buy gets ripped straight away and most of my home listening is from a server full of FLACs so CD mechanism only required when you want to listen to it on the way home from the record shop. Not very often.

I will certainly give that some thought.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.