Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting Sony H/U trouble  (Read 8737 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting Sony H/U trouble
« Reply #60 on: 07 August 2009, 18:36:55 »

hehehe, do you think he'd notice if I stamped Alpine all over the car and pretended i didn't have a sony?
Those really annoying, gay, 12 bleeps every time you turn the tinker off would give the game away...

TB - I can`t beleive you sat and counted the number of bleeps   

:-X
When I'm tech2ing, its common to have to turn ign on and off several times, particularly for key programming.  So, yes, those 12 bleeps are ingrained  >:(.  Sony junk  >:(.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 August 2009, 18:38:06 »

I've always understood it to be a reminder to take the facia off for security, i could be wrong though, I generally am.
Nobody is ever going to bother to nick that.  So my questions remain....

don't believe it mate, round here if it aint nailed down it gets nicked and if it is nailed down they nick the nails too.
So they'd have the radio even without a facia in that case ;)

As Dave DND has inferred, its just Sony trying to attract the chav market
Grumpy old man

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07 August 2009, 18:46:00 »

those bleeps really are annoying, my pioneer has them user selectable....
warning or not.

biggest problem for me, was kids asleep in car, stop, beep beep beep....kids rudely awakend  >:(

I think they aleinate a lot of people with that, shame was a nice little unit, did all i needed, those bleeps mean I will never consider another sony till they are gone.

TB.....just tell the mid it has no stereo, will turn off the steering wheel controls  :y  should be well away before he notices  ;D ;D ;D

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #63 on: 07 August 2009, 19:22:53 »

I've always understood it to be a reminder to take the facia off for security, i could be wrong though, I generally am.
Nobody is ever going to bother to nick that.  So my questions remain....

don't believe it mate, round here if it aint nailed down it gets nicked and if it is nailed down they nick the nails too.
So they'd have the radio even without a facia in that case ;)

As Dave DND has inferred, its just Sony trying to attract the chav market

No, the Burberry Bleep sounded very different

::)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • '99 2.5 CDX Mini-FL Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 August 2009, 19:25:44 »

Just out of curiosity what's the head unit of choice these days, within the the reach of mere mortals budgets of course.
John

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #65 on: 07 August 2009, 19:40:25 »

Ooh! Tough One !

Virtually all manufacturers have now gone to asia for production and removed quality, features and ease of use in favour of cheapness.

Clarion is still my personal favourite (always has been), Alpine a distant second (for its performance though, cant stand the looks and functionality). If you had asked me 10 years ago, Nakamichi would also have been up there, but their stuff is dreadfully unreliable these days. For the OEM look, Becker always perform well and are very underrated - never really made it big in UK due to their prices.

Mainstream stuff for the Chav market still remains

Kenwood - Sony - Pioneer - JVC - Blaupunkt

in that order as far as popularity goes, although quite a few purchases of Chinese navs and screen popping up, aways followed by a customer who wished they hadn`t bothered.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #66 on: 07 August 2009, 19:42:03 »

Ooh! Tough One !

Virtually all manufacturers have now gone to asia for production and removed quality, features and ease of use in favour of cheapness.

Clarion is still my personal favourite (always has been), Alpine a distant second (for its performance though, cant stand the looks and functionality). If you had asked me 10 years ago, Nakamichi would also have been up there, but their stuff is dreadfully unreliable these days. For the OEM look, Becker always perform well and are very underrated - never really made it big in UK due to their prices.

Mainstream stuff for the Chav market still remains

Kenwood - Sony - Pioneer - JVC - Blaupunkt

in that order as far as popularity goes, although quite a few purchases of Chinese navs and screen popping up, aways followed by a customer who wished they hadn`t bothered.

Oops!  Sorry Rat Salad !   ::)  ;D :P
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07 August 2009, 19:48:23 »

hehehe, I'm definitely not a chav although I have had Sony units for the last 10 years, sorry TB but I do like them, but then I've never had any decent makes so can't really compare, maybe one day...
John

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #68 on: 07 August 2009, 19:54:23 »

hehehe, I'm definitely not a chav although I have had Sony units for the last 10 years, sorry TB but I do like them, but then I've never had any decent makes so can't really compare, maybe one day...

I don`t mind Sony units - and I even built one of the Sony Demo cars for them many years ago using their famous £1k Components - sounded awesome.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 07 August 2009, 20:03:49 »

I bet it did, wish I could have heard it
John

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 07 August 2009, 22:47:11 »

I don`t mind Sony units - and I even built one of the Sony Demo cars for them many years ago using their famous £1k Components - sounded awesome.
Before they sold themselves down the swanny.  Now they simply trade on their good name, shovelling shit out to whoever will buy their junk.  Not that far removed from BMW then ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08 August 2009, 00:24:42 »

Before they sold themselves down the swanny.  Now they simply trade on their good name, shovelling shit out to whoever will buy their junk.  Not that far removed from BMW then ;D

I don't know. They haven't made a product as pointless as the 1 series Noddy's car yet. :-X

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #72 on: 08 August 2009, 07:53:06 »

I don't know. They haven't made a product as pointless as the 1 series Noddy's car yet. :-X

Kevin

So a BMW 1 Series with BOSE audio powered by a Sony head unit is best avoided then?

;D

www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 08 August 2009, 13:02:34 »

Kevin

So a BMW 1 Series with BOSE audio powered by a Sony head unit is best avoided then?

;D

any bmw and any sony products are best avoided  :-X
Grumpy old man

Budgie

• Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 16 April 2011, 18:14:58 »

Steering controls are on the lower 8 pin power part of the ISO block, and the three connections at the top are the data lines for the display.

But the reason that I have a doubt, is that the CCRT uses a completely different protocol language for the display, and to the best of my knowledge its far more involved than simply swapping a few wires around.

A CCRT700 does NOT use the same standard configured 36 pin Mini ISO block as used by the rest of the Vx Double DIN range, and the block advertised is for lower spec head units, CDR2005 / CCR2006 etc - CCRT700 does not have a solution available for doing what you are trying to do - you may need to downgrade the display itself

:-/
Hi Dave - picking up on an old post of yours and specifically the highlighted section regarding steering wheel controls. I need to establish the connection between the lower ISO plug 'A' and the two connectors which are part of the SW Ctrls wiring loom. I include a diagram to illustrate what I'm after. In short which cable goes to which between the two connectors and the ISO 'A' plug.
Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Cheers - Brian

I spend far too much money on my Omega
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.