Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got a new Job - LPG Installations team  (Read 4664 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Just got a new Job - LPG Installations team
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2013, 23:20:32 »

The excuse they used for hiking diesel prices (amongst others) was the high particulate content. So bad for the environment  ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #31 on: 11 February 2013, 07:01:48 »

When i was working at Russelsheim once they had an Omega there with a cadalac northstar V8 in it - they were thinking of producing it.

Well documented, canned we believe due cooling issues at Autobahn speeds. Real issues with exhaust manifold exits on the (UK) passenger side.

It could have been solved, sure there would have been a solution. But maybe maybe just too expensive  :(
Sure it was a Northstar? Ls1 surely ? Northstar is front wheel drive transverse, and is enoooormous.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 February 2013, 08:46:59 »

When i was working at Russelsheim once they had an Omega there with a cadalac northstar V8 in it - they were thinking of producing it.

Well documented, canned we believe due cooling issues at Autobahn speeds. Real issues with exhaust manifold exits on the (UK) passenger side.

It could have been solved, sure there would have been a solution. But maybe maybe just too expensive  :(
Sure it was a Northstar? Ls1 surely ? Northstar is front wheel drive transverse, and is enoooormous.
Sure TIS says its a Northstar. Can't check at moment.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 11 February 2013, 09:15:10 »

Ok I know it's Wikipedia,  but...clue is in the first paragraph :y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar_engine_series

LH2 variant :-\
« Last Edit: 11 February 2013, 09:35:02 by ex taxi al »

v6man54deg              Geffd

• Wirral Merseyside
  • V6 man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 February 2013, 11:20:47 »

Yeah it was the northstar engine - but with longitudinal arrangement - did fill the engine compartment they had it on show there,
V6 problems solved : Worked at the V6 Engine plant for 13 years on durability testing and warranty issues, this job included many trips to Russelsheim, Trollhattan, Michigan, Atlanta,keiserslaughtern.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 February 2013, 11:27:26 »

Yeah it was the northstar engine - but with longitudinal arrangement - did fill the engine compartment they had it on show there,

Any chance you can "Have a word"? There's a market for new V8 Omega's ;) Although I will admit, it's limited ::)

v6man54deg              Geffd

• Wirral Merseyside
  • V6 man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 February 2013, 11:34:37 »

Any chance you can "Have a word"? There's a market for new V8 Omega's ;) Although I will admit, it's limited ::)
Im sure that market was filled with the monaro - which looks very like an Omega
V6 problems solved : Worked at the V6 Engine plant for 13 years on durability testing and warranty issues, this job included many trips to Russelsheim, Trollhattan, Michigan, Atlanta,keiserslaughtern.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 February 2013, 12:25:56 »

Im sure that market was filled with the monaro - which looks very like an Omega
Sort of... It may look like an Omega but lacks all the toys ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #38 on: 11 February 2013, 15:53:44 »

Not to mention two doors, one seat and a boot ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 February 2013, 17:59:55 »

Sure TIS says its a Northstar. Can't check at moment.
Nope, my bad.

5.7l OHV pushrod engine. Has to be LS1, not Northstar

Ref, TIS article 00029430, published 30th June 2000

Back to the drawing board ;D
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #40 on: 12 February 2013, 01:45:17 »

Ho didley he hum ::) on a positive note the LS1 is a whole lot less complicated and more reliable :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.