Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vitamin d  (Read 1777 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Vitamin d
« Reply #15 on: 18 June 2013, 23:07:11 »

Why? When you can have cheap as chips capsules and none or minimal side effects.

Exactly...... :y  I thought I was missing something........ :-[ ::) ::)
Hes covering his bases..He messed up a couple of years back said i had ms but after some tests turned out i didnt. I had a viral thing that was a lot like flu but it was worse because it attacked your nerves made legs and arms numb and could of shut my lungs down.

That's a hell of an f'ing difference............ :o :o

mantahatch

Re: Vitamin d
« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2013, 11:35:09 »

I am currently under a consultant for a skin condition. He would like me to spend 3 weeks in the sun to get some vitamin D. Upshot is I cannot afford that so spend every moment I can out doors.

There are tablets etc. available but according to consultant they have many nasty side effects, in his words "it is worse than the lack of vitamin D "

Even on dull days you will get some benefit.

Interesting thought process. My son take these as a general supplement.

http://www.seven-seas.com/haliborange/general-health-products/vitamins-a-c-d

Contains RDA of Vit D. No side effects at all. Infact I cannot recall most child Vit D supplements to have any side effects other than a laxative effect if taken in excess.

My consultant says the vit D in over the counter medicines is very very low. What he was offering me was prescribed vit D and/or an injection. Those are what he says have side effects.

I did not like the options so followed what he said to the letter with cream/ointment for the leg wrapped in cling film 24/7 for 6 weeks solid replaced daily. For me it has worked I just have some skin discolouration left. I am now only on 6 mothly appointments but get as much sun as I can bare (not a sun lover). I prefer to be outside anyway.

I will add this what my consultant told me for my condition and my physical condition (not good)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.