Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Those pain in the arse little plastic pins and a few other questions  (Read 801 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile

That hold on various bits of plastic on the side skirts / end panels and arches.
You know, the ones which always fall apart when you try and remove them  ::) >:(

Are they dealer only or can you get them off eBay or other places ?

Also, how do the painted side skirts come off ?
Looking at it its just a case of the bolts underneath and the end caps off  :-\

While i'm going to all this trouble, I may as well remove the skirts, rear bumper and liners so I can really go to town on any rust I can get too before it becomes a problem  :y

TIA  :)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile

Side skirts have studs that press onto pegs welded to the body. So you have to prise them away from the body but without bending them too much or they will snap in half.

Once removed, and all screws and end caps removed, the skirt should pull off from the remaining hidden clips behind/along the length of the skirt.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile

Ps,you should get back any pegs that are pushed trough to remove the end caps, once the skirts are off, so look out for those.

05omegav6

Side skirts have studs that press onto pegs welded to the body. So you have to prise them away from the body but without bending them too much or they will snap in half.

Once removed, and all screws and end caps removed, the skirt should pull off from the remaining hidden clips behind/along the length of the skirt.
Nearly...

End caps can be removed after. For the sill cover... the little washer type things from underneath, then the single screw under front end. Steering on full lock to whichever side you're removing, so right for right... then slide the cover forward 2/3" and it will drop off.

For refitting, end cap on first, slot the cover into end cap, and from back to front put it upto the clips and slap it into place with your hand. Refit screw and bottom clips. Job jobbed :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile

Cheers for the info lads
Another thing on the list for when I have time  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.