Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Open source Xmas  (Read 2290 times)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Open source Xmas
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2006, 16:30:57 »

It does if you have a media center PC with a coax TV in, which I don't have.  I don't have any sort of video in, so I would still need some sort of USB adapter.  It does look interesting if you buy the media center PC though.
I built my media center - standard components, just in a more appropriate 'dvd player' looking case. I put in a pair of twin tuner PCI cards for a total of 4 tuners...
Any chance of some pics TB? I've been pondering a media centre for a while and would like some ideas/ guidance.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 December 2006, 21:41:47 »

It does if you have a media center PC with a coax TV in, which I don't have.  I don't have any sort of video in, so I would still need some sort of USB adapter.  It does look interesting if you buy the media center PC though.
I built my media center - standard components, just in a more appropriate 'dvd player' looking case. I put in a pair of twin tuner PCI cards for a total of 4 tuners...
Any chance of some pics TB? I've been pondering a media centre for a while and would like some ideas/ guidance.
I have for the last year had the Coolermaster CM260 case with iMon (iMon is crap - the software is awful). Trouble with that case (iMon aside) is the required risers are rarer than rocking horse shit (found a type that fit, so bought loads of them ;))

I now use an Elonex Artisan case.  I guess I'll get the Coolermaster one going soon.

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=RC-260&other_title=RC-260CM%20Media%20260

Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 December 2006, 21:47:31 »

Elonex one, though mine was built from a Advent (PC World's own make) branded one.

http://www.cnet.co.uk/misc/print/0,39030763,39190581,00.htm

The oem for this is FIC, and as per usual with FIC, no info available.  Fic's name for the product is Spectra.
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 December 2006, 12:52:21 »

First report:

Packaging is stunning, really looks cool.  Comes with all of the bits.

Software is nowhere near complete.  Tried to see some JPEG's just to check it out since already on camera card.  Crashed the unit.  Turns out it can't handle pics over 800x600.  Need to do a firmware update, but not risking downloading it with IE7 corrupting all of my downloads.  Several new firmware versions being released each month.  Latest should be better, but still a long way to go.

The hardware is exactly what I wanted, so I hope that the software gets to a reasonable stage in the next few months.  Only came out in September and a lot fixed since then so there may be hope, but I wouldn't suggest running out and getting it for a while yet.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.