Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clegg bursts his own balloon...  (Read 1157 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Clegg bursts his own balloon...
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2010, 09:16:14 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-tell-media-pals--of-concern-about-clegg-1953740.html

muppets or puppets on strings?

you decide  ;D

As always, you duck the issue.

Is Clegg is in favour of mosques being able to broadcast calls to prayer from loudspeakers in towns and cities across Britain?

Did he say the Islamic “muezzin” cry should be ­allowed to ring out just like Christian church bells? Did he described it as “a joyful thing”?

These are issues of great importance to the public, Banjax. If you're saying that these allegations are untrue, then point me to the lawsuit. If you admit they are true, then tell me if they are acceptable. 

Come on, Banjax. Let's hear it.

once more, for the record - I couldn't give two hoots what invisible super being you choose to believe in, or how you choose to worship your fictional characters - it is, in my opinion all misguided superstition. which misguided superstition you decide to follow is entirely up to the individual.

i'm sorry that anything which upsets the delicate fabric of your existence sends you into yet another tirade  :(

So you think that mosques being able to broadcast calls to prayer from loudspeakers in towns and cities across Britain is acceptable?

Answer the freaking question and stop ducking and diving. >:(

Banjaxx, you are in trouble mate..He has right , go dive deep ;D

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2010, 09:35:09 »

;D ;D  :y
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2010, 09:41:29 »

;D ;D  :y

;D :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2010, 09:49:13 »

Nickbat what you're doing is taking an irrational hatred for a religion and violenty opposing even the slightest reasonable, intelligent concession. If you and people like you are so upset because others are somehow different I really see no hope for us all.

Now I know that you think Islam and all its followers are hellbent on destroying the west - it's a line taken by most of the media. If that was the case how come theres over 1.5 billion Muslims and they havent managed it yet? That's a hell of a leap to feel threatened - maybe I'm more relaxed on these matters, more liberal. Live and let live or live in fear Nick - the choice is yours.

What would Jesus do?  ;D

HolyCount

« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2010, 09:51:48 »

I think politicians, being polititians, will, at any given time, say what they think the people in the target audeince want to hear.

Their past utterances are about as relevant as the current verbal diahorrea falling about us as we approach the election!

Until such time as polititians promises are enshrined in an enforcable "Election Contract" they are not worth much thought.

I do not want to hear muslims calls to prayer broadcast over this country, just as I would not expect to be woken by church bells in any muslim country.

Nickbat

« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2010, 09:55:40 »

Nickbat what you're doing is taking an irrational hatred for a religion and violenty opposing even the slightest reasonable, intelligent concession. If you and people like you are so upset because others are somehow different I really see no hope for us all.

Now I know that you think Islam and all its followers are hellbent on destroying the west - it's a line taken by most of the media. If that was the case how come theres over 1.5 billion Muslims and they havent managed it yet? That's a hell of a leap to feel threatened - maybe I'm more relaxed on these matters, more liberal. Live and let live or live in fear Nick - the choice is yours.

What would Jesus do?  ;D

That's a slur. I have no hatred for any religion and it is unacceptable for you to allege that I have.  >:( >:( >:(

I happen to agree with HC's comment that I do not wish to hear calls to prayer in this country a just as I would not expect to hear church bells in a muslim country.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2010, 10:02:51 »

What would Jesus do?  ;D

That's a slur. I have no hatred for any religion and it is unacceptable for you to allege that I have.  >:( >:( >:(

I happen to agree with HC's comment that I do not wish to hear calls to prayer in this country a just as I would not expect to hear church bells in a muslim country.

So what you're saying is that we should all be as intolerant as Muslims?  :o
That's the direction you want us to go?  :o :o

HolyCount

« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2010, 10:17:14 »

What would Jesus do?  ;D

So what you're saying is that we should all be as intolerant as Muslims?  :o
That's the direction you want us to go?  :o :o

Being tolerant and giving in completely are different things BJ.  We show tolerance by accepting others rights to do and believe as they see fit --- to a point. When those actions impinge on ours, we then have to defend our stance ( whatever that might be).

Are we to expect to witness public stonings to death and beheadings in Trafalgar Square because that is "their" culture and we should respect their rights to do so ????

I hope not

Nickbat

« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2010, 10:53:47 »

What HC said.  :y :y :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 April 2010, 10:59:04 »

thats a rather huge leap isn't it? from call to prayer to public stoning?

HolyCount

« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2010, 11:04:14 »

"Leap of Faith" BJ  ::)

Just an extreme example to ask where do you draw the line where tolerance becomes submission --- thin end of the wedge and all that.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2010, 11:09:03 »

"Leap of Faith" BJ  ::)

Just an extreme example to ask where do you draw the line where tolerance becomes submission --- thin end of the wedge and all that.

yep, good point HC, but its kinda mine too - people go from the thin end of the argument straight to the thick as if by opening the door a crack we're letting a torrent through - i don't see it like that  :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #27 on: 25 April 2010, 11:46:00 »

although my papers say being muslim (which is just on paper) I would personally prefer church bells to wake up for the reason its more harmonic and much better than an awful voice shouting arabic words and raping my ears and sleep at 5 am ;D ;D

however to be objective there is something named clock in this century and I guess everybody knows where the closest church and mosque is ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #28 on: 25 April 2010, 11:51:10 »

and there is unfortunately a trap about those religions.. once you accept them its a whole thing that you need to accept all of its rules together and cant stop coming extras like deadly punishments ,  effecting political life , effecting people and so on..which is very far from the original intention.. :( :(
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.