Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: winter project anyone  (Read 1531 times)

bluehawk

• View Profile

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: winter project anyone
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2009, 09:19:28 »

That seller used to be a member here...Simon_omega iirc.

not like him to sell so cheap  :-/  must need some fair work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 December 2009, 09:25:33 »

yup, he got the hump because we mentioned his prices where over-inflated. Maybe he has finally got the message?

Don't be taken in by his bull of 'highly tuned' there are no exact details of what has been done, i bet its just a K&N filter and 'sports' plugs.

I'd save my cash and get a retail spec MV6  :y

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2009, 13:44:53 »

Wouldent mind the manual set up from it though for mine.  :D
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 December 2009, 15:31:22 »

I have emailed the seller via ebay three times asking what tuning has been done but to date no reply

sexydaz

« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2009, 18:56:46 »

seems to me hes put a lot into his advert a bit overboard if you ask me (desperate to get shut)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 December 2009, 19:07:20 »

this may be a very simple fix.

I am not a mechanic and have no idea what is causing the lumpy tick over.

Hmm. ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2009, 01:28:34 »

Well I’ve read the Description, yea, I seem to remember he was Simon_Police_Vechiles or something, Why are some of you Guy’s having a pop at Him, (is it because His an Ex Member), I reckon the description is quiet informative, He’s even listed the VOSA Mot history, how many eBayers go to that length.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t know the Guy from Adam, but reading between the lines He’s obviously splashed money on the Car (Cam Belt, Engine Mount, Diss Pack, Front Spoiler etc), sounds to me like He’s at the stage of, do I through more money at it or call it a Day!

Tbh, I’m tempted to go and have a look at the Car (and probably will), let’s face it, X reg 2000 MV6 for that money is worth more if scraped.

Chris.

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2009, 16:27:53 »

Just got 2 replies from the seller he states he thinks it is chipped but has no proof and no mention of any other tuning.
He tells me the back kicks out on a straight road around 4000rpm so i asked doesn't the TC work then which i got the answer in caps"read the listing"cant find anything about the TC in the advert.
So i have come to the conclusion,the car isn't tuned and the TC does not work 
Shame as i was interested in buying but if the seller cant be 100% honest and is not willing to answer questions, it's not for me
« Last Edit: 05 December 2009, 16:28:45 by Selseybill »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2009, 19:14:57 »

the back kicks out on a straight road around 4000rpm

Add rear tyres to the list of jobs to do, then. ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

david_omega

« Reply #10 on: 06 December 2009, 23:38:26 »

Just got 2 replies from the seller he states he thinks it is chipped but has no proof and no mention of any other tuning.
He tells me the back kicks out on a straight road around 4000rpm so i asked doesn't the TC work then which i got the answer in caps"read the listing"cant find anything about the TC in the advert.
So i have come to the conclusion,the car isn't tuned and the TC does not work 
Shame as i was interested in buying but if the seller cant be 100% honest and is not willing to answer questions, it's not for me

I did not reply in caps this is falsification and missleading.

You used 2 accounts to ask about tuning. it was £495 to clear, as have no time to fix as stated, it is sold now, but beggars belief people have the time to write up about it on this site and make comments and bumf up the real version of events.
you asked about gasporting and flowing and a load of stuff.
You could see it was a police car and as such likely to be chipped.

£495 for a car needing attention.  next time i will just scrap any dead omegas and kill any chance of keeping these old gems alive.

Whats the point of giving someone who is a reliable source of these cars permanent hassle.

It was stated in your ebay email, that it was beleived chipped as it goes very quickly,

as for the back end twitching, this was an indication of the power on tap, the traction all works fine.
no one was dishonest, and you had my number to call for a chat if seriously interested.

It is now sold and off to london.

The guy viewed it, thoroughly checked it over, tested fault codes, and satisfied himself, and got a bargain of the year!

I had spent hours getting all the mot information to hand and explaining everything in the advert.

I left this site in the summer because i was sick and tired of all the comments people put against what i was trying to do as a small business concern. Slating the police vehicles i was selling, and despite selling a few to OOF members, who have been realy friendly and understanding about how people where towards me.
 I have broken 5 omegas recently for parts. all went to the scrap yard yet could have yielded enough parts to save members buying spare parts, however, having left, i could not advertise any of them on here.

If people are genuinly interested in something then give me a call, i will answer your questions, but being pedantic and over the top wont win anyone any friends, and if keeping these old omegas alive for as many years as possible is going to happen, people should take this on board.

I have re joined and if anyone would like any decent ex police cars or any omegas anytime just give me a call.

happy christmas guys.

and thanks to the people on here who have been to meet me and purchase vehicles this year, you are valued people in hard times.

david_omega

« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2009, 23:47:49 »

Hi Jimbob, im back, it was a spares or repairs deal.  I have 12 vehicles and parking for 8. sometimes something has to give.
chat soon.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 December 2009, 07:40:50 »

Hi Jimbob, im back, it was a spares or repairs deal.  I have 12 vehicles and parking for 8. sometimes something has to give.
chat soon.

Welcome back  :y

No offence meant at all.
Knowing the effort you put into sales from the past, I know you like to sell good cars....
My point was to anyone thinking of buying the usual easy fix cars cheaply that this was unlikely to be one...and a genuine spares and repairs  :y

bobbertbear

• Intermediate Member
  • perth
    • 04 omega 3.2 ex plod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 January 2010, 13:30:26 »

i had a bit of a run in with the guy over a grille,but eventually got it sorted after a lot of threats went back and forth,i had the sister to that car he was selling for 495
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.