Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its all going Pete Tong  (Read 785 times)

Stabz2127

• Cheshire
    • View Profile
Its all going Pete Tong
« on: 14 July 2011, 18:53:10 »

As much as I do love my Omega and think it is a design classic compared to a lot of other cars, it has start to become frustrating. I had around 6 months of comfortable reliable motoring then it all went wrong. Its all little niggly things the solenoid on the petrol cap, the check strap on the drivers door, drivers door window doesnt go down all the way, stereo registers as on but no sound coming out of speakers, rust starting in various places wheel alignment wrong in spite of two attempts at different places, supercharger like whining noise under acceleration, grinding from back brakes and not a lot of handbrake even though I've took it to two mechanics about this problem one changed pads other just adjusted handbrake >:( , Just fix it not bodge it, sorry to rant but I just wish I could find a mechanic that I could go to and say this is whats wrong fix it please! MOT is due up on tues so at least the brakes may be sorted after retest, is it just me that finds it sooooo frustating looking after your car. I am a petrolhead always will be but unfortunately just can't do spanners tried and learned from my mistakes that I can't. But it is also so hard to trust part of your family with other people who just see it as a piece of metal. As you may be able to tell I havent had the best of experiences with mechanics so if anyone can recommend a non dealer (stealer) garage in the Wirral, Chester area I would be forever in your debt :D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Its all going Pete Tong
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2011, 18:55:30 »

Send a PM to Elite Pete (closest to you) or Darth Loo-Knee.  Trust me, after you have either of these two work on your car you wont take your miggy back to a garage again  :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2011, 18:56:48 »

Give Elite Pete, who is in Chester, or Darth Looknee from Stoke a PM

Both do mobile mechanicing and know omegas inside out.

For alignment (well full geometry) go to Nigel Langs in Bolton, they know what they are doing and dont just use very broad and bad computer settings

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2011, 19:00:15 »

As said you have  omega masters on your doorstep, Elite Pete and Daz know these inside out esp the V6's. Great standard of work and would likely piss on a garage pricewise.

I found even my favourite garages just can't be arsed or dont understand the car. 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Stabz2127

• Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2011, 19:10:29 »

OOOOH thank you for that didn't know I had an omega expert on my doorstep thanks guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.